Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:01 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
I don't understand why Dana likes to dis boxing, is it because he failed himself in trying to become a big time boxer?

============

Good point. I think this is the reason why Dana keeps on pushing the UFC/MMA to the public because he failed in boxing. Having failed in boxing he probably became vindictive and thought "If I can't make it in boxing, I'll make sure that boxing will be washed from the consciousness of the American public." Or something like that...

Sour grapes LMAO

Tambays make the world go 'round :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:18 pm 
Welterweight

filipinosupremo wrote:
ufc and mma IS REALLY RACIST IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THEIR MAKING AN ASIAN SPORT WHICH ASIAN HELPED WESTCOAST EASTCOAST FIGHTERS KNOW WHAT REALLY IS TRULY MARTIAL ARTS WHEN DO YOU SEE MANY ASIAN FIGHTERS FIGHTING IN THE MMA OR UFC YOU SHOULD SEE MORE ASIAN FIGHTERS NOT A MIXED MARTIAL ART THATS DOMINATED BY WHITES PUT A SHAOLIN FIGHTER IN THE RING OR ANYBODY THATS A TRUE EXPERT IN KUNG FU OR ANY OTHER ASIAN FIGHTERS IN THEIR THE WHITE PEOPLE IN THEIR WILL LOOK LIKE SHI..T THEIR TRYING TO MAKE THEIR WHITE PEOPLE LOOK GOOD IN THE RING I GURANTEE YOU IN REAL LIFE IF JET LI WAS IN HIS PRIME AND JACKIE CHAN THEY WOULD FUC..K ALL THEM UP IN THE RING AND IM JUST PUTTING THAT AS A EXAMPLE THEIR ARE PLENTY OF TALENTED ASIAN FIGHTERS BUT DO YOU NOTICE THERE ARE SO VERY FEW ASIAN FIGHTERS COME ON NOW GIVE ME A BREAK I HATE UFC OR MMA NOT UNLESS THEIRS AND FIGHTER FIGHTING THEN IM GOING TO WATCH STOP PUTTING THESE WHITE PEOPLE IN A SPORT THEY DONT COMPREHEND

clearly, you know nothing about the sport of mma and is just bandwagoning with the rest of these ignorant morons who bash mixed martial arts and the ufc. what do you mean no good asian fighters? maybe not in the ufc, but mma has produced great asian fighters, ever heard of cung le? he's the strikeforce middleweight champion that just fought the legendary frank shamrock and broke his forearm with a kick. ever heard of kid yamamoto? kazushi sakuraba? masato from k-1? just because ufc's main roster consists of white guys does not mean ufc/mma has not done it's share in globalizing the sport, participants from BRAZIL (Minotoro Nogueira, Anderson Silva), RUSSIA (Fedor Emelianenko) , MEXICO (Miguel Torres), JAPAN (Kid Yamamoto, Shinya Aoki) CROATIA (Mirko Crocop, Zelg Galesic), HOLLAND (Gegard Musasi, Melvin Manhoef), and many other countries fight in the sport of MMA. please don't insult the fans of the sport by claiming you know so much when in fact you know very little, you're embarrasing yourself.

and also, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, though they are trained amrtial artists, they are NOT professional fighters, in an mma or boxing setting, they will get their heads cut off in that ring. be realistic!

I love boxing, support the sport in any way i can and have several boxing heroes i love watching, but mma is a great sport also, i have nothing but the utmost respect for anyone that trains as hard as these athletes, make the sacrifices, and step into that ring putting their health on the line as a profession. both sports are great, why can't people here just give the respect due for all combat sports athletes whether its mma, kickboxing or boxing? sheez, grow up people!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:39 am 
Cruiserweight

interesting replies so far