Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 pm 
Heavyweight

nobushino wrote:
Brock Lesnar the heavyweight champ has only 4 fights!!!! WTF!! In the first place, why in the world was he given the title shot when their are more deserving fighters out there?! Is there no ranking of some sort, the next best fighter will get to challenge the champ?

I agree bro.....it seems like they give title shots to the tough guy of the month or flavor of the month. it's like the WWE where the title exchange hands so quickly. In boxing, boxers go through at least 20 or so fights before they can even get a title shot. That way they slowly prove themselves by stepping up the quality of their opposition and gain more experience and sharpen their boxing skills. In UFC a fighter like Lesnar became a champion already with just 4 fights under his belt......it's a nice to know that a WWE wrestler can actually became a UFC champ after just four fights in their organization. :biglaugh:

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm 
Heavyweight

I don't understand why Dana likes to dis boxing, is it because he failed himself in trying to become a big time boxer?

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
I don't understand why Dana likes to dis boxing, is it because he failed himself in trying to become a big time boxer?

because he wants to have all the money, and boxing is competition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:17 am 
Middleweight

MrRoot wrote:
fil79 wrote:

because he wants to have all the money, and boxing is competition.

Bullseye!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 am 
Middleweight

MMA is not gay guys, come on, Dana and his organization might be, but not the whole MMA scene.

imho.

peace.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:47 am 
Middleweight

ufc are for gays only.. ill rather watch WWE its more exciting.
high flying manuever is beautiful to watch
wwe has more talents than mma fighters.

brock lesner the ex wwe champ will be tombstone by undertaker again.
remember the ankle lock by kurt angle. ufc headed by an ex wwe champ :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

i dont like boxing and mma become a rival.... as long their is blood dripping then ill go for it....(even PMS)
why dont everybody just get along.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:04 am 
Middleweight

guys who would win?

in tag team wrestling match between
mayweather & rey mysterio vs pacquiao & big show?:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:12 am 
Light Heavyweight

1 thing dana mention is that his card is always stacked. i wonder what will happen if time comes when all his superstars already fought each other. i think it will be after a span of 2-3 years, then after that what will he do. rematches?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:22 am 
Heavyweight

Lol. How much do MMA fighters get paid? He is right about bad undercards but boxers still get paid much better than MMA fighters. It is easy to make the best boxers fight in one night if you have to pay them just thousands. He should really stop comparing boxing and MMA as the salary difference will become even more obvious everytime he talks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:55 am 
Featherweight

I tried getting into MMA/UFC but I still find Boxing much more exciting. Plus I hate it when the MMA/UFC fighters get to the ground and just stay there for 2-3 mins.BORING. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:00 am 
Middleweight

UFC is the original sweet-spicy (tamis-anghang) ketchup! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:59 am 
Cruiserweight

guerilla7 wrote:
MMA is not gay guys, come on, Dana and his organization might be, but not the whole MMA scene.

imho.

peace.

very true those guys are pretty tough

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:41 am 
Middleweight

ufc and mma IS REALLY RACIST IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THEIR MAKING AN ASIAN SPORT WHICH ASIAN HELPED WESTCOAST EASTCOAST FIGHTERS KNOW WHAT REALLY IS TRULY MARTIAL ARTS WHEN DO YOU SEE MANY ASIAN FIGHTERS FIGHTING IN THE MMA OR UFC YOU SHOULD SEE MORE ASIAN FIGHTERS NOT A MIXED MARTIAL ART THATS DOMINATED BY WHITES PUT A SHAOLIN FIGHTER IN THE RING OR ANYBODY THATS A TRUE EXPERT IN KUNG FU OR ANY OTHER ASIAN FIGHTERS IN THEIR THE WHITE PEOPLE IN THEIR WILL LOOK LIKE SHI..T THEIR TRYING TO MAKE THEIR WHITE PEOPLE LOOK GOOD IN THE RING I GURANTEE YOU IN REAL LIFE IF JET LI WAS IN HIS PRIME AND JACKIE CHAN THEY WOULD FUC..K ALL THEM UP IN THE RING AND IM JUST PUTTING THAT AS A EXAMPLE THEIR ARE PLENTY OF TALENTED ASIAN FIGHTERS BUT DO YOU NOTICE THERE ARE SO VERY FEW ASIAN FIGHTERS COME ON NOW GIVE ME A BREAK I HATE UFC OR MMA NOT UNLESS THEIRS AND FIGHTER FIGHTING THEN IM GOING TO WATCH STOP PUTTING THESE WHITE PEOPLE IN A SPORT THEY DONT COMPREHEND

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

filipinosupremo wrote:
ufc and mma IS REALLY RACIST IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THEIR MAKING AN ASIAN SPORT WHICH ASIAN HELPED WESTCOAST EASTCOAST FIGHTERS KNOW WHAT REALLY IS TRULY MARTIAL ARTS WHEN DO YOU SEE MANY ASIAN FIGHTERS FIGHTING IN THE MMA OR UFC YOU SHOULD SEE MORE ASIAN FIGHTERS NOT A MIXED MARTIAL ART THATS DOMINATED BY WHITES PUT A SHAOLIN FIGHTER IN THE RING OR ANYBODY THATS A TRUE EXPERT IN KUNG FU OR ANY OTHER ASIAN FIGHTERS IN THEIR THE WHITE PEOPLE IN THEIR WILL LOOK LIKE SHI..T THEIR TRYING TO MAKE THEIR WHITE PEOPLE LOOK GOOD IN THE RING I GURANTEE YOU IN REAL LIFE IF JET LI WAS IN HIS PRIME AND JACKIE CHAN THEY WOULD FUC..K ALL THEM UP IN THE RING AND IM JUST PUTTING THAT AS A EXAMPLE THEIR ARE PLENTY OF TALENTED ASIAN FIGHTERS BUT DO YOU NOTICE THERE ARE SO VERY FEW ASIAN FIGHTERS COME ON NOW GIVE ME A BREAK I HATE UFC OR MMA NOT UNLESS THEIRS AND FIGHTER FIGHTING THEN IM GOING TO WATCH STOP PUTTING THESE WHITE PEOPLE IN A SPORT THEY DONT COMPREHEND

Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Steven Seagall, and Franco Nero will whoop Jet Li, Jacky Chan, Samo Hung, Bruce Lee, Lito Lapid, and Robin Padilla. Seriously, bro. :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next