Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

brookash wrote:
Durant wrote:
this is mannys toughest fight i suppose. he needs to train hard.

I agree and this exciting too. Sometimes, I can not understand during the early part of negotiation other people are thinking that this is an easy one for the PACMAN.

we have the same opinion. why are they confident omg, marga is younger than odlh, relentless than cotto, bigger than clottey and he is a big welterweight meaning his power can be that of a middleweight on fight night. even without plaster he is a very dangerous opponent. and with a motivated marga who trains harder than pac now - we all need prayers for pac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Durant wrote:
brookash wrote:
Durant wrote:
this is mannys toughest fight i suppose. he needs to train hard.

I agree and this exciting too. Sometimes, I can not understand during the early part of negotiation other people are thinking that this is an easy one for the PACMAN.

we have the same opinion. why are they confident omg, marga is younger than odlh, relentless than cotto, bigger than clottey and he is a big welterweight meaning his power can be that of a middleweight on fight night. even without plaster he is a very dangerous opponent. and with a motivated marga who trains harder than pac now - we all need prayers for pac

I think, that is our biggest advantage. That is the real power- PRAYER. God Bless.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm 
Welterweight

Margarito's original style is inferior to Pacquiao's style. That's simple!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

taga_balot wrote:
Margarito's original style is inferior to Pacquiao's style. That's simple!

Are you saying that it will be an easy fight for the PACMAN? I do not doubt PACMAN, but I am excited how will the fight progress.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 pm 
brookash wrote:
Thousand Sunny wrote:
brookash wrote:
I do not want comparing boxer a, b and c but to make a simple analysis, I have to.
Margarito is a slow starter (aside from being slow) as observe in his last 3 fights, against Cotto, Mosley and Garcia. Margarito was able to gain his momentum and advantage after round 5 or 6 six against Cotto and Garcia and is trying to catch up against Mosley until he was K.O.

Margarito has a strong chin, but was able to K.O. by Mosley, so, he is still vulnerable. Mosley was able to shake and wobble Cotto but he failed to K.D. Cotto. Cotto gives Margarito a hard time during early part of the fight until Matgarito catch up and T.K.O. Cotto on the latter rounds.

So, Mosley has enough power to K.D. and K.O. Margarito and wobble and shake Cotto. He has the speed and the stamina and can handle their power.

Power: Is PACMAN's power strong enough like Mosley to hurt Margarito? Can PACMAN handle Margarito's power the way PACMAN handle Cotto's punches?
Speed: Is PACMAN quick and fast enough to land power punches on Margarito?
Size: Mosley is taller than PACMAN, can Margarito use his height and reach advantage to avoid PACMAN's punches?
Stamina: Can Margarito catch up and will he be strong enough until latter round to hunt PACMAN?

I pray PACMAN wins. God Bless.

- Pacquiao obviously is strong enough like Mosley to KO if not to KD Margarito the way he did to Hatton and Cotto.
- Quickness? Do we need to know who's quicker between Mosley and Pac?
- Reach advantage was never an advantage to Margarito as he never uses this. He brawls always, a come forward fighter sneaking for a KO always... Haven't him seen used his Longer Arms, maybe yours?
- Stamina, Pac can fight even until 15 rounds, the question is, would Margarito last 15 rounds in the ring with Pacman?

Prediction, Margarito is a tough guy thus this would go longer as we expected. 11 round TKO or KO by Pacman.

I agree with you, but, will Margarito change his fighting style and use his reach advantage? Probably during early part of the fight but will eventually go back to his usual style. Remains to be seen.

You can't teach an old dog bro. Margarito is the same old Margarito who knows only how to brawl and not to use is reach advantage. He can't learn it with this very limited time only.

And take note Pac is very sleek that you can't control him neither can see him for he moves well..

Maybe if you take on Manny's feet you can slow him down. hahahaha