Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:55 pm 
Middleweight

Win or lose, Manny already made himself into what he is now. Look at Ali, people don't count his losses, what they count is his greatness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

gentle_baon wrote:
Win or lose, Manny already made himself into what he is now. Look at Ali, people don't count his losses, what they count is his greatness.

I agree with you 101%, but as a Pacfan? are you prepare?

Pacquiao took a big gamble by leaning against the ropes to invite Cotto to whale away, like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. Only a gutsy and fearless fighter would do it. Pacquiao once more showed how big his heart is..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

Sab wrote:
Real men always prepared for the worst.

nice comment :)

Pacquiao took a big gamble by leaning against the ropes to invite Cotto to whale away, like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. Only a gutsy and fearless fighter would do it. Pacquiao once more showed how big his heart is..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 pm 
Featherweight

Kamatis.the.Killer wrote:
just keep on praying on your lord Pacquiao :biglaugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://pacfans-corner.tk/ if guys have time

http://www.pacfans-corner.com/ (tambayan ng walang magawa)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

wish for the best.
expect for the worst. :biglaugh:

Rev. 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm 
Lightweight

Kinda... I honestly expected Pac to lose to De La Hoya and same thing with the Marquez fight. I don't have high expectations but with all these talks about Pac being way better than Hatton; I can't help but feel excited about him winning already. :S I'll support him fully but with low expectations.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:12 pm 
Welterweight

silsplace wrote:
I'm just curious, If we Pacfans are ready to see Pacman lose?

cause I'm not.. :(

I don't need to hide my feelings cause I'm really nervous on his next fight against Hatton, cause Hatton is what I think is the most dangerous opponent that Pacman will ever face...

and I don't know what will happen next, cause Pac declared that after two more fights he'll retire (hatton fight is included on his last two fights).

I don't really want to think negative but losing is part of the game :(

so Manny must do his utmost best to win those two remaining fights..God Willing!!

If u are ready to see Manny win u should be ready to see him lose...losing is part of the game it happens to most great champions past and present. I agree 100% Hatton is a very dangerous fight contrary to what most people think its a 50-50 fight for Manny. nyways may the best man win coming May 2 i wish both fighters good luck and hope there will be no serious damage inflected on both boxers...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

LYTER wrote:
babytroy wrote:
you don't step inside the ring with anybody else without trusting
yourself that you are gonna win unless you are there for some other reasons.....
losing is part of the game... and losing a hard fought battle is not at all demeaning..
it is in the preparation and careful analyses of the opponent's fighting style and strength
that give the upperhand.. obviously pacman and his team are on top of this schemes....
given pacman's attitude and training regimen, there is nothing to be worried about.....
:peace:

the question is are you prepared to see pacman lose......

not explain the regimen....

youre out of the topic

understand the post very well genius before making a comment...
highlighted words says it all. if he lose, he lose. to me losing is part of the game.
but losing a well-fought battle is not the end of it all.....isn't it saying i'm prepared for anything"?
only dumb mongrel like you does not understand what that means..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:41 pm 
Welterweight

If ever. I am not praying for this.

Are ready to call pacman a bum after losing.
The rule is:
you lose, youre a bum.

But im ready for anything.

.., What hath God wrought.
Numbers 23: 23 (KJV)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:43 pm 
Welterweight

babytroy wrote:
LYTER wrote:
babytroy wrote:
yourself that you are gonna win unless you are there for some other reasons.....
losing is part of the game... and losing a hard fought battle is not at all demeaning..
it is in the preparation and careful analyses of the opponent's fighting style and strength
that give the upperhand.. obviously pacman and his team are on top of this schemes....
given pacman's attitude and training regimen, there is nothing to be worried about.....

youre out of the topic

highlighted words says it all. if he lose, he lose. to me losing is part of the game.
but losing a well-fought battle is not the end of it all.....isn't it saying i'm prepared for anything"?

Owned LOL yeah the retard obviously have a comprehension problem :lol: just becoz the question is answerable by yes or no if u answer other wise he cant figure out what is ur stand LOL what a d.umbass :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

youre out of the topic[/quote]

[/quote]

Owned LOL yeah the retard obviously have a comprehension problem :lol: just becoz the question is answerable by yes or no if u answer other wise he cant figure out what is ur stand LOL what a d.umbass :lol:[/quote]

with pacman's style and training attitude, i am confident that he will overcome hatton.
but hatton is not only a capable boxer but also known for his dirty tactics. if he cannot
play it even with pacman, he might be forced to dig into his bag of dirty tricks and deliver
enough to slow down pacman into submission. that will be extremely awful. but if pacman
lose a well fought battle, even in defeat, i will still be proud of him.. you don't need to be
prepared for anything else to accept that in boxing, (with due respect to the undefeated
retirees), you can win some....you can lose some.

lyter, the fuc*!ng squirt thought he has a brain remotely close than anyone else in pacland..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kamatis.the.Killer wrote:
just keep on praying on your lord Pacquiao :biglaugh:

:mrgreen:

all hail!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:38 pm 
Welterweight

babytroy wrote:

Agree! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:02 pm 
Featherweight

silsplace wrote:
I'm just curious, If we Pacfans are ready to see Pacman lose?

cause I'm not.. :(

I don't need to hide my feelings cause I'm really nervous on his next fight against Hatton, cause Hatton is what I think is the most dangerous opponent that Pacman will ever face...

and I don't know what will happen next, cause Pac declared that after two more fights he'll retire (hatton fight is included on his last two fights).

I don't really want to think negative but losing is part of the game :(

so Manny must do his utmost best to win those two remaining fights..God Willing!!

All I can say is…if ever Pacman lose, I am prepared like I always do when Bobby Pacquiao lose his fight…hehehe…but what I am not prepared is to hear Aling Dionesia crying… :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 pm 
Middleweight

silsplace wrote:
dude2 wrote:
First of all, be a boxing fan...and not just a Pacquiao fan. Appreciate other boxers great talents. By recognizing their skills, in the event of a loss for Manny, it won't be that disappointing. If you read the British fans comments, a lot of them are very respectful of Manny's talents and consider that Manny has the advantage, however, the Brits cannot ignore the great possibility of a Hatton win. Secondly, Pacquiao vs Hatton is nothing but pure entertainment for us. They are getting paid MILLIONS!!! I repeat MILLIONS!!! I am buying the PPV that evening and I better be thouroughly entertained. They are fighting to letarally kill each other for our joy and entertainment...and I better see only one man standing after the fight, preferably Manny.

first of all I became a boxing fan because of Mike Tyson, then became a Holyfield fan, Luisito Espinosa, Onyok Velasco, Donaire and now Pacquiao ( I'm a fan of all Filipino boxers who fought for their country) , I'm also a Hatton fan cause I admired his humbleness and power. I only watched boxing if I know who fights, now I'm a harcore Pacquiao fan, which is easily understand as diehard, followers, some called pachugger, because Pac is a Filipino as myself so obviously I admired him being a great Filipino boxer who gives us happiness everytime he wins a fight, now as a fan of course we don't want to see Pac lose, very disappointing if it happen, and being a Pacquiao fan is also being a boxing fan, you idolized someone is involve in boxing so It's normal that you get frustrated if the one you admired lose one day, but of course life's goes on, It's a normal thing and there's nothing we could do about that kind of cycle of life. and one thing you said Hatton vs Pacquiao is purely entertainment very true but why will you watched a fights which you don't admired the one who'll fight, definitely you're a fan and once your idol lose I'm pretty sure disappointment will experienced and we can't hide it :)

so what about you, prepare to see Pac lose?, just a simple opinionated answers of yours is truly respected :)

There is nothing to be prepared...I do not attached my feelings to any fighter. And yes, I can wholeheartedly accept if our man Manny loses. I was sharing with you my approach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next