Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 pm 
Lightweight

RIP Pacland Brother Bonovox

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:50 am 
Cruiserweight

so these is the Paclander that brad are referring, RIP brother!

so sad that this will be his last topic here..

farewell and God bless you with your journey Bo!

:)

Pacquiao took a big gamble by leaning against the ropes to invite Cotto to whale away, like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. Only a gutsy and fearless fighter would do it. Pacquiao once more showed how big his heart is..

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:43 am 
Middleweight

RIP bro bonovox....

I salute the guy who helped you when you needed help here in the Philippines..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Bonovox wrote:
I have spent 4 months in the Philippines and have had some misfortune here (of my own doing) I unfortunenatly got sick and very dehydrated. My bank card was put on hold, and I had no funds at the time and I had a number of a Team Pacquiao member w ho told me to call if I ever needed help, well I needed help. I called and asked for help and he came through. He came to get me, asked me into his home and to stay till I recovered. He also bought all medication needed for my recovery. I can never thank him enough or repay everything that he has done for me. Manny should be proud of this team member as he has showed all the values of a christian brother. This did not surprise me as I saw the friendship from the very beginning he has my friendship for the rest of my life. If he ever needs me I am here. You know who you are brother, thank you for all your kindness and friendship. Bo

So it was buboy who helped the late bo (RIP)
What a great person.. :D

http://www.examiner.com/x-23590-Mississ ... ?#comments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

jun813 wrote:
Bonovox wrote:
I have spent 4 months in the Philippines and have had some misfortune here (of my own doing) I unfortunenatly got sick and very dehydrated. My bank card was put on hold, and I had no funds at the time and I had a number of a Team Pacquiao member w ho told me to call if I ever needed help, well I needed help. I called and asked for help and he came through. He came to get me, asked me into his home and to stay till I recovered. He also bought all medication needed for my recovery. I can never thank him enough or repay everything that he has done for me. Manny should be proud of this team member as he has showed all the values of a christian brother. This did not surprise me as I saw the friendship from the very beginning he has my friendship for the rest of my life. If he ever needs me I am here. You know who you are brother, thank you for all your kindness and friendship. Bo

Buboy the man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Bonovox wrote:

Desert Fox wrote:
jun813 wrote:

Buboy the man!!!

si buboy pala? :? :? :? :? (halatang di binasa) :) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 pm 
Welterweight

Rest in Peace, Bo......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 pm 
Light Heavyweight

iron jaw wrote:
Bonovox wrote:

Desert Fox wrote:
jun813 wrote:

kala ko si Jake na :-)

Buboy the man!!!

si buboy pala? :? :? :? :? (halatang di binasa) :) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:27 pm 
Heavyweight

RIP TS Bo

May your tribe increase, Buboy Fernandez! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:31 pm 
Middleweight

Team PACQUIAO, a true model of excellence, humility and strength.

RIP bro Bo. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Now this is literally breaking news, Brad. Nice share. May bro Bo rest in peace.

http://www.examiner.com/x-23590-Mississ ... e-occasion

Quote:
Buboy Fernandez an Angel who rose to the occasion
June 7, 9:05 PM Mississippi Boxing Examiner Brad Cooney

I waited a little while to tell this story. I thought it would be more appropriate to sit on this one for a little while before I shared it with the world. My friend Bo would want Buboy to get the recognition that he deserves for this one. You see, Bo just passed away from brain cancer. Bo was my friend, and he was also friends with the Wild Card guys, including Freddie Roach and some of the team Pacquiao members.

Bo and I would spend hours and hours talking about boxing. He was a huge Manny Pacquiao fan, all he talked about was Pacquiao. Bo would bust my chops about living in Mississippi. Coming from New York, I don't exactly sound like a Mississippian so Bo would love to get in his shots from time to time. Bo was also a big Boston Red Sox fan, and me being a New York Yankees fan had plenty of fuel to work with in order to stir up Bo's blood.

I helped Bo arrange a trip from his home in Florida to Los Angeles in order for him to meet his two idols, Freddie Roach, and Manny Pacquiao. His dream came true, he met both of them and the gym treated Bo like a gentleman. While in Los Angeles, Bo met Buboy Fernandez. The two of them talked quite a bit and before Bo left to go back to Florida, Buboy gave him his phone number.

Some months later Bo for personal reasons Bo took a trip to the Philippines. He got very sick while in the PI, very sick. He lost a lot of weight, and he was severely dehydrated. Bo ran out of money, and he had no way of getting medical attention. During this time, Buboy had no idea that Bo was in the Philippines. One day Buboy gets a text, it was from Bo.

Bo was in very bad shape, and upon reading the text, Buboy drove hours to get to where Bo was staying. When he saw him, he was shocked at how sick he looked. Without hesitation, Buboy put Bo in his car and drove him to his home. He then got him the medicine that he needed, and fed him back to health. Buboy also paid for Bo's plane ticket home to Florida.

When Bo got back to the states he called me up and told me, "Brad, Buboy saved my life in the Philippines." I saw Buboy earlier this year in Los Angeles. Buboy isn't the type of person that likes to be in the spotlight, so he didn't want to get on the record and talk about what he did. I did however want to share this story from my perspective.

Bo passed away last month from brain cancer. He lived to see his dream come true and met Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach. He also found a true friend in Buboy Fernandez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rip TS..

Watch CELTICS vs. LAKERS Finals Game at www.clickdavao.com/onlinetv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 pm 
Welterweight

RIP TS...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:58 pm 
Heavyweight

rest in peace bro bo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 am 
Cruiserweight