Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am 
Cruiserweight

Guys, I want to share my recent experience with Buboy at the Wild Card Gym, this was around the last week of May (Memorial day weekend to be exact) and this chance meeting confirmed my admiration for the guy. I have read a few negative comments about Buboy, but something tells me that much of it stems from envy and sheer jealousy at where Buboy stands with Manny Pacquiao. I tell you what, he deserves the payback that Pacquiao afforded him if only for Buboy's unwavering loyalty and friendship.

Anyway, on with the story..... Along with the rest of my family and a few friends, we made the trek to where history got it's roots at the Wild Card Gym in LA. Upon entering the gym, we were stopped at the door and was told that the place is full and that we will not be allowed entry. Our pleas went on deaf ears and it didn't matter the distance we covered just to be there and "feel" the inside environment of our greatest boxing champion's training home, but it was not meant to happen.

Not even Buboy's intervention swayed the security person's mind. Yes Buboy came over to try and intervene on our behalf when he saw and heard what was happening. He could have simply ignored us or pretended not to see us but he left the person he was conversing with (looks to me like Dr. De la Vega) to come to our aid. When it was apparent that we weren't going in, Buboy came out to the parking lot with us for a photo op. The man, took his time with us as if he'd known us all along and kept apologizing for the security people's actions which we knew he had no part of.

I and the rest of my friends and family are truly grateful and wishes to take this time to thank Buboy for his kindness.

Tell you what guys, the blessings goes both ways in Manny's and Buboy's friendship and I can tell Buboy's got a golden heart, I know , I've experienced it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Bonovox wrote:
Retz wrote:
Thank God. I wish you well TS. :D
Thank you for your wishes I am better!

RIP... :(

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

RIP Bo.

I was touched by Bo's story. It reminded me of my father who died from Nasopharyngeal carcinoma..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Batangueño wrote:
RIP Bo.

I was touched by Bo's story. It reminded me of my father who died from Nasopharyngeal carcinoma..

Cancer of the Throat...hmmm

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

At first i am surprised and upset....... while reading the thread from brother BO (r.i.p.) there is one reply or follow on saying R.I.P. (i thought what the hell he is saying?? until it follows with lots of R.I.P. for Bo and just realized its true he joined the creator...... I have to read back the dates and found the difference.......

Truly there are lots of good samaritan in the world in here in Paclanders..... let's keep them growing by joining them and radiates the good deeds.....

I prayed and thank our dear Lord for giving angels on earth for those who need it.

BRO BO..... R.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:26 pm 
Heavyweight

wow. what a touching story... :?

Rest in PEACE BO. May you join Our Creator. 8)

how many times have we learned about some paclander passing away?

Kudos to Buboy. a Big man with a Golden heart. :celebrate: