Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: :::Hall of Flame:::
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:12 am 
Heavyweight

Don't forget the bad blood between Ricardo Torres & Kendall Holt...

Their first fight ended up in a controversial 11th round TKO due to poor security & officiating in Torres' hometown in Colombia...

Here are some of the events which led to the controversial stoppage in their first fight...

- Just 24 seconds into the fight, it appeared that Holt's right hand connected on Torres' chin, which should have resulted in a knockdown because Torres' right glove touched the canvas to keep him from falling.
-After dropping Torres with a right cross in the sixth round, Holt, upon reaching his neutral corner referee Rodriguez counted, was hit flush in the face with a full beer can. from close range. He later informed Rodriguez, who essentially ignored the complaint.
-Prior to the start of the seventh round, before which Torres was still recuperating from the KD, Rodriguez temporarily delayed the start of the round because there was water on the canvas in one of the corners. When the slippery surface became much more of an issue in the 11th round, Rodriguez seemed dismissive of its impact on the action.
-In the 11th round, before complete chaos erupted around them, Rodriguez failed to credit Holt with another KD, one that should have been counted because his short right hand forced Torres through the ropes, which he used to hold himself upright.
-A little later in the 11th, when Torres slipped on part of a plastic bottle near his own corner, Rodriguez actually assisted Torres to his feet, never wiped off his gloves & didn't separated the boxers before allowing them to resume action. Less than 10 seconds later, Rodriguez stopped the bout, with Holt on his feet & attempting to throw a light punch towards Torres.

During their second fight, Holt was downed by Torres twice before Holt gave Torres a thundering right hook after a quick head butt that knocked out Torres cold, sitting down beside the ropes...
All of that happened inside 59 seconds of the first round...
That fight/round won the 2008 round of the year award...

Here's a vid of their second fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJyQHYf3hj8

Rumors are coming out for their 3rd clash...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 am 
Heavyweight

Quote:
Ayala was nicknamed "El Torito" (Baby Bull) for his aggressive fighting style. Ayala was also known to be a rather dirty fighter. He would insult his opponents by questioning their manhood and once even spit on an opponent after knocking him out.

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:15471

Tony "El Torito" Ayala Jr.

hindi ekok

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 am 
Heavyweight

When Jess Willard was an elderly man, he used to invite reporters to touch his face. "Feel this", he'd say, using one of his giant hands to guide the reporter's fingers, Willard wanted them to feel the reminder of a bout that happened 40 years earleir in Todedo, Ohio. Reporters never knew how to respond. A section of Willard's cheekbone still moved around under the skin like a loose coin.

"This is what Dempsey did," Willard would say. "Do you think a little guy could do that without something in his gloves?"
(Taken from Ring Magazine)

Jess Willard
(the "Pottawatomie Giant")
BORN December 29 1881; St. Clere, Kansas
DIED December 16 1968; Los Angeles, California
HEIGHT 6-5 (Most sources report 6-6 1/4)
WEIGHT 225-265 lbs
MANAGER J.D. Brock, A.W. Phillips, Tom Jones

Willard was big and strong and a very hard hitter; He had a tough chin and was able to take considerable punishment; He also moved very well for a large man; Jess was a much better fighter than given credit in recent years; He was a White Hope of the teens

Willard was inducted into the Ring Boxing Hall of Fame in 1977.
(Cyberzone)

This has to be the most savage, one-sided mauling ever suffered by a heavyweight champion at the hands of a challenger. At 37, the 6 ft. 6 inches and 245 lbs. Willard lost his title to 6 ft. 1 inch Jack Dempsey on July 4, 1919 in Toledo, Ohio. Dempsey dealt Willard the first knockdown of his career with a left hook in the first round, and six more times thereafter, winning the title when Willard was unable to continue after the third round. In the brutal fight, the Pottowatomie Giant suffered a broken jaw, cheekbone, and ribs as well as losing several teeth. Rumors spread that Dempsey had plastered his hands to make them harder, but Dempsey swore he did not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VawHgrLvbD4

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd14 ... x0yrlt.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 pm 
Light Heavyweight

roy jones jr. - montel griffin = father/trainer dispute
bowe - golota = ring riots
bowe - luis gonzalez
tyson - holyfield
tyson - lewis

Rev. 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm 
Heavyweight

http://www.fandome.com/video/106747/Mik ... ore-Brawl/

MITCH "BLOOD" GREEN was a real hardass Heavyweight fighter in Mike Tyson's era. He acquired his nickname when he was still a street gang leader because all the guys he punched on the face ended up bleeding.

In his 37 professional fights, neither was he knocked out nor knocked down in any fight. Even a monster Mike Tyson back in 1986, who was knocking out all but one of his 20 opponents, couldn't put away a stubborn Mitch Green.

Desperately wanting to have a rematch with Tyson, Mitch besieged Don King, Mike's promoter, with endless calls but to no avail. He was not only denied of a second chance with Tyson, all his possible big fights with popular boxers were quashed courtesy of Don King's influence.

Up until that one fateful morning at a Harlem clothing store in 1988, Mitch and Mike coincidentally crossed path again. Venting all his frustration, which left his boxing career on a tailspin, he taunted Mike for avoiding him since. Never the one to walk away from a street fight himself, Mike bloodied and disfigured Mitch's face in a quick but violent brawl.

A $25 million lawsuit was filed against Mike Tyson which dragged on for almost a decade in court.

Finally on 1997, Mitch Green was awarded a measly 45 grand as compensation for his injuries after turning down a hefty out-of-court settlement prior to that.

In an ironic twist, Mitch was elated with the verdict even though the cash settlement was not as huge as expected.

Happy that he finally claimed a major victory over Mike Tyson even in court.

"I whupped him. I tore his drawers" he said. "I finally beat Mike Tyson. I'm the people's champion. I proved it to the world."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
...And this... :cry:

And that is why he and PBF are fighting for Numero Uno. Indeed. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

helven wrote:

http://www.fandome.com/video/106747/Mik ... ore-Brawl/

MITCH "BLOOD" GREEN was a real hardass Heavyweight fighter in Mike Tyson's era. He acquired his nickname when he was still a street gang leader because all the guys he punched on the face ended up bleeding.

In his 37 professional fights, neither was he knocked out nor knocked down in any fight. Even a monster Mike Tyson back in 1986, who was knocking out all but one of his 20 opponents, couldn't put away a stubborn Mitch Green.

Desperately wanting to have a rematch with Tyson, Mitch besieged Don King, Mike's promoter, with endless calls but to no avail. He was not only denied of a second chance with Tyson, all his possible big fights with popular boxers were quashed courtesy of Don King's influence.

Up until that one fateful morning at a Harlem clothing store in 1988, Mitch and Mike coincidentally crossed path again. Venting all his frustration, which left his boxing career on a tailspin, he taunted Mike for avoiding him since. Never the one to walk away from a street fight himself, Mike bloodied and disfigured Mitch's face in a quick but violent brawl.

A $25 million lawsuit was filed against Mike Tyson which dragged on for almost a decade in court.

Finally on 1997, Mitch Green was awarded a measly 45 grand as compensation for his injuries after turning down a hefty out-of-court settlement prior to that.

In an ironic twist, Mitch was elated with the verdict even though the cash settlement was not as huge as expected.

Happy that he finally claimed a major victory over Mike Tyson even in court.

"I whupped him. I tore his drawers" he said. "I finally beat Mike Tyson. I'm the people's champion. I proved it to the world."

check my post pls. sir helven.. http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=133163&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Image Image

The bad blood continues...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Dagul_Denboy wrote:

The upcoming rematch between Roy Jones, Jr. and Bernard Hopkins will finally settle 16 years of undying grudge.

Post subject: Re: :::Hall of FLAME:::
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:52 pm 
Middleweight

new town wrote:
X-PAC wrote:
i have this feeling that MP will never have such a "Bad Blood" Fight ever, with anyone, ever. Not even a Mayweather brand of thrash-talking is enough to irritate Pac.

Nice topic btw.

You said it . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

How touching :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

ImageImageone of the greatest all time rivalry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:05 pm 
Middleweight

Sir_Ivan wrote:
ImageImageone of the greatest all time rivalry.

Please post some fight of Gatti/Ward. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next