Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 am 
Bantamweight

I really do hope that me and my son get back together,,,lil floyd is my,,,lil floyd is my blood,,,he is my blood,,my blood run through him ,,,You know aaahhhh,,The thing is he said that he would die for his mother,,he would die for his mother but I guess he would put up a fight for his daddy ,,but you know what that aint true with me , that is my son you know what ...I go down if he go down....

A qoute from the 24/7 Pac vs Hatton episode 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSC8lLtb ... re=related

Mahnn that hit me home, I havent actually spoken with my dad for 5 years now, I left the Pilliphines 3 years ago and move here in the states and part of me was still having grudges about my dad's short comings as a father,,I thought he wasnt doing hes best as a dad to us,, at one point I thought that if he wasnt my dad my life would be a lot better,,, .... 6 months ago my lola died and one of my aunties recollected some of the memories that they had as a child. On the phone I learned that my dad never really had a dad at all , my dad's father was actualy living the typical architype of pinoy masochismo , he has lots of women ,lots of gambling habits and never cared much about my grandmother. He was cold to his children and the only time that my grandfather would talk to my dad was when he would have my dad bring him his favorite fighting fowl,, Honestly My dad was never even close to having those vices and that is because he promise my mom that he would never hurt her the way his father did to his mom ( somthing I heard from my mom) , the only problem was that my dad doesnt really know how to relate to people and would later on fail to show his love to us ,,,he is this stoic , expressionless , say a few words type of guy who wasnt able to establish a relationship with us,,,,damn I guess my dad never knew how to be a father ,, but then for what its worth the lesson is youll never know the person if you havent walk a mile in his shoes...
TO my dad I wish Id be able to succeed here in the states maybe someday I could get get you guys to come here , even though we dont talk that much ,,ur blood runs in my veins and for that I will always LOVE YOU

THnk God theres boxing to teach me about life....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 am 
Flyweight

armadillo05 wrote:
I really do hope that me and my son get back together,,,lil floyd is my,,,lil floyd is my blood,,,he is my blood,,my blood run through him ,,,You know aaahhhh,,The thing is he said that he would die for his mother,,he would die for his mother but I guess he would put up a fight for his daddy ,,but you know what that aint true with me , that is my son you know what ...I go down if he go down....

Mahnn that hit me home, I havent actually spoken with my dad for 5 years now, I left the Pilliphines 3 years ago and move here in the states and part of me was still having grudges about my dad's short comings as a father,,I thought he wasnt doing hes best as a dad to us,, at one point I thought that if he wasnt my dad my life would be a lot better,,, .... 6 months ago my lola died and one of my aunties recollected some of the memories that they had as a child. On the phone I learned that my dad never really had a dad at all , my dad's father was actualy living the typical architype of pinoy masochismo , he has lots of women ,lots of gambling habits and never cared much about my grandmother. He was cold to his children and the only time that my grandfather would talk to my dad was when he would have my dad bring him his favorite fighting fowl,, Honestly My dad was never even close to having those vices and that is because he promise my mom that he would never hurt her the way his father did to his mom ( somthing I heard from my mom) , the only problem was that my dad doesnt really know how to relate to people and would later on fail to show his love to us ,,,he is this stoic , expressionless , say a few words type of guy who wasnt able to establish a relationship with us,,,,damn I guess my dad never knew how to be a father ,, but then for what its worth the lesson is youll never know the person if you havent walk a mile in his shoes...
TO my dad I wish Id be able to succeed here in the states maybe someday I could get get you guys to come here , even though we dont talk that much ,,ur blood runs in my veins and for that I will always LOVE YOU

Nice read bro. A father is father no matter what. Even the baddest man has kindness in him but maybe having a hard time to show to his love ones. These are results of how we are being raise from childhood. Am currently taking care of my sick dad due to his chain smoking from his younger days. He's becoming temperamental and impatient that sometimes unbearable. I even resigned from work just to take care of him because I'm the only one who can and sacrifice even my own family from its financial needs. But it came to my senses that these are things we have to deal with because it's the circle of life. We have to show these things to our kids so that they do the same when it's our time to be taken care of. It's a wonderful feeling to say to our beloved we love them while they can hear and feel it.

http://zradio.org/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:02 am 
Welterweight

Wow... I thought I was just the one noticed those words from Mayweather Sr... I also posted in the other thread about this. For every man, if he only seeks God, no matter how bad he/she was, there will be still kindness and goodness to his heart. I think he really miss his son Floyd...

I just hope that it would be PACMAN & Roach vs. Pretty Boy Floyd & Floyd Sr...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 am 
Middleweight

he only likes to trash talk to sell the fight to audience but he has a good heart and he is a sweet father

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 am 
Light Heavyweight

armadillo05 wrote:

About your grandfather and your father I have the same exact story. I sometimes feel that he wasn't do his job as he is supposed to do, but I just try to understand him.
Your father didn't witnessed how father should be. They try to be as good according to what they believe is right.It's pointless to blame them, but let's understand what they have been through. You know, God loves those people who loves their parents. Think of many blessed children, friend, or anyone you know.

I pray that God would grant your wishes.

Anyways, about Floyd Sr. statement, he shows he's heart, a father speaks openly about what he truly feels towards his son, and what he wants to happen. This has changed my attitude towards Floyd Sr. The guy we used to think predator, and a dork poet is more beautiful from within. I salute you Mr Floyd.

This is very emotional forum. Heart to heart :lol: But yeah, great message from Floyd Sr.

Ephesians 1:13-14
John 3:16
Ephesians 2:8
Joel 2:13
Joel 2:32
John 1:2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 am 
Featherweight

yeah his trash-talking is just for the boxing biz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 am 
Cruiserweight

I feel like hanging myself now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:20 pm 
Lightweight

Tatay wrote:
I feel like hanging myself now

he, he, he. emotional masyado naman thread na to. meron pala ganito sa pacland.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:45 pm 
Heavyweight

wow....heavy to ah....

I like to say that I can relate...but I actually have a good father....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 am 
Bantamweight

Barricada wrote:
armadillo05 wrote:

About your grandfather and your father I have the same exact story. I sometimes feel that he wasn't do his job as he is supposed to do, but I just try to understand him.
Your father didn't witnessed how father should be. They try to be as good according to what they believe is right.It's pointless to blame them, but let's understand what they have been through. You know, God loves those people who loves their parents. Think of many blessed children, friend, or anyone you know.

Anyways, about Floyd Sr. statement, he shows he's heart, a father speaks openly about what he truly feels towards his son, and what he wants to happen. This has changed my attitude towards Floyd Sr. The guy we used to think predator, and a dork poet is more beautiful from within. I salute you Mr Floyd.

This is very emotional forum. Heart to heart :lol: But yeah, great message from Floyd Sr.

Hey thank you for this , Im sorry I havent really checked on this thread until now, actually me and my dad was able to speak in the phone after 6 long years, hes gotten old, our opening topic was actually the whole mayweather refusing to fight the pac issue hahaha ,I know it was funny how we open up ourselves to each other , but Hey If it works to shake off the awkwardness just to get us reconnected then I guess its good.......I remember back then , he once took me out to watch a live sat feed boxing match of sugar ray leonard vs Hector camacho Sr. He once told me that leonard is his idol , so as a kid I also did watched and admired leonard primarily because of my dad's influence ,, On that day ,leonard got beaten up so bad,,, so bad that he looked like a regular joe over a pro in the younger faster Hector Camacho..I could feel the dark cloud of disappointment upon me and my dad at that time..,, He said " leonard has never been the same , hes gotten old, that was not the way he fights, If he (camacho) would have fought leonard in his prime it will be a different fight" ,, .... then dela hoya fought camacho, and the former golden boy of boxing did his assignment very well over the older foe, "somehow me and my dad had that little fulfillment that our hero got avenged , we started leaning towards the golden boy since then... ,So when MP defeated delahoya , I personally was a little sad that Oscar got beaten that way but at the same time I am very happy for MP , it was the wildest of chance that a filipino in MP would now become the sport's main man. After all the years that boxing has been dominated by either black or hispanic fighters , here comes MP giving us a breath of fresh air ...... he not only succeeded in dominating his division but like dela hoya and leonard he became boxing's main attraction And thank God He is a little brown man like me :wink: , someone that I could really relate to... Anyways , Yes , I am very happy w/ my relationship w/ my dad now, at least were making progress , hes really very enthusiastic w/ pac's achievements as if anak nya si Manny hehe ,,,,I guess he would qualify as a pac hugger by pacland standards ..lol but yeah mahn , I love my dad,Ive finally learn to accept him as a person the way he is and the way he is not , I think in life we really have to move on and fight our personal demons , and stop pointing fingers at other people saying " im not good enough because of my dad or my mom, or what ever" ,, at the end of the day we are still left w/ our bare implements and that is our own self, broken or not , we still have to wake up everyday and put our shoes to walk another mile in our lives......I am my self's biggest distraction and it took me awhile to fight my demons , thinking that If only I had a father figure I would be better off in my life, I became close minded to the idea of opening a relationship w/ my dad until I learn about the real story of how my dad became the person that he is today. Now were talking , exchanging a few thoughts about boxing and everyday life, little by little were putting the bricks of the broken bridge of our past, ,,,Hehhehe I know how weird that I would quote the annoying, predator look alike , trash talking Floyd Sr about his thoughts w/ his son, but Hey! a real good thought or a good idea no matter where it comes from will always be a good one! ...thanks for your prayers , I hope uLL be happy and blessed w/ ur life too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 am 
Bantamweight

panday wrote:
wow....heavy to ah....

I like to say that I can relate...but I actually have a good father....

Thnk God for that,,and be a good dad when ur time comes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 am 
Heavyweight

armadillo05 wrote:
Barricada wrote:
armadillo05 wrote:

Hey thank you for this , Im sorry I havent really checked on this thread until now, actually me and my dad was able to speak in the phone after 6 long years, hes gotten old, our opening topic was actually the whole mayweather refusing to fight the pac issue hahaha ,I know it was funny how we open up ourselves to each other , but Hey If it works to shake off the awkwardness just to get us reconnected then I guess its good.......I remember back then , he once took me out to watch a live sat feed boxing match of sugar ray leonard vs Hector camacho Sr. He once told me that leonard is his idol , so as a kid I also did watched and admired leonard primarily because of my dad's influence ,, On that day ,leonard got beaten up so bad,,, so bad that he looked like a regular joe over a pro in the younger faster Hector Camacho..I could feel the dark cloud of disappointment upon me and my dad at that time..,, He said " leonard has never been the same , hes gotten old, that was not the way he fights, If he (camacho) would have fought leonard in his prime it will be a different fight" ,, .... then dela hoya fought camacho, and the former golden boy of boxing did his assignment very well over the older foe, "somehow me and my dad had that little fulfillment that our hero got avenged , we started leaning towards the golden boy since then... ,So when MP defeated delahoya , I personally was a little sad that Oscar got beaten that way but at the same time I am very happy for MP , it was the wildest of chance that a filipino in MP would now become the sport's main man. After all the years that boxing has been dominated by either black or hispanic fighters , here comes MP giving us a breath of fresh air ...... he not only succeeded in dominating his division but like dela hoya and leonard he became boxing's main attraction And thank God He is a little brown man like me :wink: , someone that I could really relate to... Anyways , Yes , I am very happy w/ my relationship w/ my dad now, at least were making progress , hes really very enthusiastic w/ pac's achievements as if anak nya si Manny hehe ,,,,I guess he would qualify as a pac hugger by pacland standards ..lol but yeah mahn , I love my dad,Ive finally learn to accept him as a person the way he is and the way he is not , I think in life we really have to move on and fight our personal demons , and stop pointing fingers at other people saying " im not good enough because of my dad or my mom, or what ever" ,, at the end of the day we are still left w/ our bare implements and that is our own self, broken or not , we still have to wake up everyday and put our shoes to walk another mile in our lives......I am my self's biggest distraction and it took me awhile to fight my demons , thinking that If only I had a father figure I would be better off in my life, I became close minded to the idea of opening a relationship w/ my dad until I learn about the real story of how my dad became the person that he is today. Now were talking , exchanging a few thoughts about boxing and everyday life, little by little were putting the bricks of the broken bridge of our past, ,,,Hehhehe I know how weird that I would quote the annoying, predator look alike , trash talking Floyd Sr about his thoughts w/ his son, but Hey! a real good thought or a good idea no matter where it comes from will always be a good one! ...thanks for your prayers , I hope uLL be happy and blessed w/ ur life too.

Thanks for sharing your experience bro..
There's still time bro to reconnect with your dad..
I hope all things will be patched up.. :D

One thing: whatever bad experiences we may have with our parents, let's correct those mistakes as we deal with our children. :D
Therefore, even if we really feel bad towards them, let's accept them as they are coz they will always be out parents..

Whew.. you make me cry this early.. :cry:

God bless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 am 
Heavyweight

Yea all kidding aside ......a fathers role is important in any family relationship and that I hope things connect for you with your father.......When Manny fought Cotto.......the camera panned towards his father and there I saw how forgiving Pacquiao really is towards his father.......when his dad left him and his family at a very young age and left them struggling with finances and food.....but through God anything is possible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Thats a rare side of mayweather sr that you dont expect to see. Will he say the same though if floyd jr is not famous?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm 
Heavyweight

No no no no! Gayweather sr. just want some dollars with KFC. as in balato! i dont believe in that monkey!
Para lang nyang sinabing anak meron ba tayo dyan? :D :D :D
Hindi na titino yang predator KFC sr.