Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm 
Cruiserweight

From Michael Marley's article: Mayweather, Marquez clinching already as lying liars lie

Attachment:
picresized_1243632664_2yl693q(1).jpg

Alone at last....in a hideaway.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

jojo catam wrote:
me i'm still having a good ride there :lol:

how are you bro? is your acct still active in the fatton forums? :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

PacMan versus Golden Boy Oskee...The Unfinished Business...

1. PacMan vs ODLH "The fight for Promotional rights" PacMan returns ODLH bonus and stays
with TopRank. Winner-PacMan

2. PacMan vs Marquez (ODLH Stooge) "Unfinished business" for who? Marquez or dela Hoya?
Winner-PacMan

3. PacMan vs ODLH "Dream Match Purse" PacMan counters ODLH 75-35 offer, ODLH blinks.
Winner-PacMan

4. PacMan vs ODLH "Dream Match" This is personal. Golden Boy becomes Black and blue boy.
winner-PacMan

5. PacMan vs Hatton (ODLH Stooge) "The negotiation". Golden Boy Promotions and Hatton camp blink.
Winner-PacMan

6. PacMan vs Hatton (ODLH Stooge) "Battle of East vs West". Hitman splattered like a ragdoll.
Winner-PacMan

7. PacMan vs Mosley (ODLH Stooge) ??????

PacMan batting average versus the Golden, Black and blue boy ODLH:

6 - 0

Now that's what I call ----- UNFINISHED BUSINESS -------

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

Here's why Hatton was past his prime when he fought Pac

Ask The Experts, Ten Top Names From Boxing Tell Us Who Will Win Tonight In Las Vegas
by James Slater - Anyone who's anyone has had something to say about the super-fight that is now mere hours away. Leading up to the potential thriller that is Ricky Hatton Vs. Manny Pacquaio, we have heard and read a whole bunch of differing predictions from the fans and the so-called experts. Some say "Pac-Man" will win big, possibly inside a few rounds, while others claim "The Hitman" will win the biggest fight of his career..

You can make of these predictions what you wish, but the fact that there are so many people chiming in with their two cents just shows you how big an event tonight's light-welterweight showdown really is.

Here, in what will likely be one of the final Pacquiao-Hatton pre-fight articles on this site, I list ten expert opinions you may or may not have read before. Ranging from reigning world champions, to trainers and contenders in other weight classes, these ten guys give their say on what will happen tonight.

1. Timothy Bradley, WBO light-welterweight champ (speaking to this writer):"I think it's a very interesting and entertaining fight. I would say it's pretty much a pick 'em fight. The way to beat Pacquiao, you've got to put pressure on him and out-work him. The thing that worries me about Hatton is he sometimes tends to leap in with shots. I think if he does that Pacquiao will use his speed and counter him. Even though Hatton's the bigger guy I think Pacquiao's movement and counter-punches will frustrate Hatton and make him get wild. Hatton cannot be counted out though."

2. Oscar De La Hoya, former multi-weight world champion (speaking to Sky Sports): "When I fought Manny Pacquiao I was not a solid, primed welterweight. I was a weak, drained, can't-throw-punches type of fighter. Ricky Hatton is the real deal, the overall package with all-round skills. He's aggressive, he's strong and he's fast. I think he can not shock the world, but win. It's not [going to be] a shock, it will be a win."

3. DeMarcus Corley, former WBO light-welterweight champion (speaking to this writer): "This fight will not go the distance. I see definitely see Manny Pacquiao winning. I'd say he knocks Ricky Hatton out in around eight or nine rounds."

4. Billy Graham, former trainer of Hatton (speaking to Setanta Sports): "I fancy Ricky, big. I'm really surprised Manny Pacquio is the betting favourite. I think Ricky's the better fighter. I think Ricky matches Manny for speed, and he's a lot bigger than him. Manny's a good southpaw, but Ricky has the tools to deal with a southpaw. I think Ricky's just too big, too fast, too powerful and too good. I see Ricky winning spectacularly, in four to eight rounds."

5. Cedric Boswell, heavyweight contender (speaking to this writer): "I think Hatton may pull it off. He's rugged and there's no way he's going to sit back and let Manny be artistic. Hatton will rough him up because he's the naturally bigger man. I see Ricky Hatton winning the fight."

6. Joe Calzaghe, former super-middleweight and light-heavyweight champion (speaking to Sky Sports): "Ricky can win but it's going to be tough. Manny's an excellent fighter but he's been knocked out twice. So there has to be a lot of belief that Ricky can win this fight. He's going to be bigger and stronger. He has to impose himself, get inside and rough him up and hit him with body shots. Can he do that? That's the big question. He has a very good chance."

7. Jamie Cox, British welterweight prospect (speaking to this writer): "I definitely think Hatton can win this. With Floyd Mayweather Senior training him, Ricky's got his left jab back working great and his boxing skills are really looking good. I think Ricky does this, probably on points."

8. Sugar Shane Mosley, reigning WBA welterweight champion (speaking to Sky Sports): "I think they match up pretty well. It's going to be a great fight, with Manny Pacquiao being the better boxer and Ricky Hatton being a little stronger. I'm kind of leaning towards Pacquiao right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hatton pulls it off. He's been looking very good in training and I think he's going to do a good job."

9. Vinny Maddalone, heavyweight fan favourite (speaking to this writer): "I know Pacquiao's the favourite, but I've got to go with Ricky. Ricky's hungry and I think he'll stop Pacquiao late in the fight. I think he's improved under Floyd Mayweather Senior. He has more head movement and a batter defence now. Ricky's whole thing is pressure, and pressure can change a guy's whole game-plan. Pacquio has all the heart in the world, but I go with Hatton in around the ninth or tenth round."

10. Claude Abrams, editor Boxing News magazine: (predicting in the magazine) "I wouldn't be surprised if both men were to hit the floor or get wobbled. We shouldn't eliminate the possibility of cuts, either. Hatton hasn't suffered serious injuries as of late, but Pacquio often wades in, head down and carelessly. Assuming injuries do not play a significant part, I foresee a fabulous battle. I lean towards the man with the superior mobility and agility to use his stiff hitting, southpaw awkwardness, accuracy, handspeed and volume to prevail in a battle I suspect we will be talking about for years to come."

Total: Hatton 6, Pacquiao 4

Experts can be funny you see.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

KaLat wrote:
that is according to fatton nuthuggers lurking in his forum :biglaugh:

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.180

hahahahaha...hohohoho...hehehehe...pweh

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:
KaLat wrote:
that is according to fatton nuthuggers lurking in his forum :biglaugh:

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.180

check my reply mate..

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/index.php?topic=13186.210

I sallied forth unto misty mist of the hatton forum....check this out...

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.300 :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

pinoy_sh00ter wrote:
KaLat wrote:
2 posts and youre banned? dont hurt their feelings so much ok? :biglaugh:

I did not do well, I was expecting only 1 post. :biglaugh: :lol: :biglaugh:

I sallied forth unto misty mire of the hatton forum....check this out...

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.300

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

KaLat wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.300 :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:28 pm 
Welterweight

This is the common alibi whenever a big names in boxing losses a the fight. In the case of Hatton, they were saying before the fight that it would be hard for Manny to win because they considered Hatton to be the top in his division,( Hatton was saying this too). But after the fight --- this is the reason they would give. Similar to Oscar dela Hoya. They say it was a mismatch . Even the legendary trainer - Mr Angelo Dundee, did not give Manny a chance to win over him. But when the result turned out to be the other way around -- the cause is that --- it was past his prime.

oscar gariando
hempstead, ny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

lhyksus wrote:
KaLat wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/forum/ ... =13186.300 :shock:

nice post slapping them with sheer reality :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am 
Welterweight

then mosley will be the same. he is much older than hatton....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

ferdie_000 wrote:
then mosley will be the same. he is much older than hatton....

Mosley will not feel the same......after he tastes the PacMan's left straight with Manila ice toppings....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:39 pm 
Middleweight

KaLat wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

it's still alive and *** kickin' my friend... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:
KaLat wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

Me too....I just give them the pacman style......Hit me once.....I'll hit xtimes just so I will not be booted out...it's exciting there though...feed them what they want to hear...then hit them...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:
KaLat wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

check this out bro...http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/ ... =13186.360

....addressed to ballsuckers....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next