Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

This thread was originally posted by 14brennan entitled "Read this and feel free to comment... "

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2009/05/why ... ment-22170

Why Mayweather Should Get the 70-30 Purse Split Against PacquiaoBy Manuel Perez: Manny Pacquiao is a great little fighter, but not the draw in the potential Floyd Mayweather Jr., bout that will likely be coming either late this year or early next year. Mayweather is the one that has brought in the huge numbers in bouts against Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya, whereas Pacquiao looked to be in on the ride in his fight with Hatton recently, and took advantage of Hatton’s huge popularity to get a nice payday in a huge mega PPV bout.

A lot of casual fans have no idea who Pacquiao is when I ask them if they’re familiar with him. When I ask them if they’re familiar with Mayweather or Hatton, they almost always say yes. This tells me that Pacquiao’s popularity is limited mostly to the Asian countries like the Philippines where Pacquiao comes from.

I think Pacquiao attracts a lot of Filipino American’s to his fights in the U.S, I doubt that is anywhere close to what Mayweather brings in because he’s more of a crossover star because of his coolness which a lot of different races fight appealing.

With Pacquiao, he’s more of an unknown commodity for casual fans, because it’s often hard to understand what he’s saying because of his accent. Pacquiao also says a lot of “Ahs” when he’s speaking and it’s really off putting for me to listen to him fish around for the proper words to use.

I want to shake the dude and tell him to spit it out already whatever he’s trying to get out of his trap. Most of the time what Pacquiao says is rather bland dull stuff, hardly interesting to listen to. Stuff like, “I’m going to knock him out” and other things of that kind without any real substance.

Maybe Pacquiao is interesting to listen to when he’s speaking Filipino, but when he’s talking English, it’s painfully boring for me to hear him talk. Since I’m kind of an average American, my guess is that other people in the U.S find Pacquiao equally boring. With Mayweather, he’s always talking trash, putting down his opponent while building himself up. With him, it’s like reality television because he’s real, outgoing and outward focused. He’s not self conscious and worried about what he’s going to say.

Another reason why Mayweather should get more money is because he hasn’t been beaten yet, he’s the undefeated fighter at 39-0. Pacquiao has been beaten several times and has fought to a couple of draws.

Traditionally, in the U.S. the fighter that gets the most money is the one that has the undefeated record (Mayweather), the fighter with more glamour and appeal (Mayweather) and the more exciting fighter (Mayweather). This is why Pacquiao should get the 30% revenue cut and be happy to get it.

If Pacquiao was from the U.S., spoke perfect English so that everyone could understand what’s coming out of his pie hole, and if he had an exciting style of fighting, by all means I think he should get the larger 70% cut. However, Pacquiao has none of those things going for him unfortunately.

That’s why he should get the low end of the cut. Look at it this way: If Pacquiao beats Mayweather, Juan Manuel Marquez, Edwin Valero or Amir Khan, and then I think Pacquiao should get the larger percent of the cut, but he hasn’t. Therefore, I think Mayweather should get the 70% cut and Pacquiao 30%.

This Manny Perez is helluva karakter.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

Just don't click the link! Manuel Perez is a certified forever PAC hater! Let's not fall into his trap!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Yes gaychickenweather does deserve the 70% purse split because he will be the one doing all the hard work of pressing the offense, outboxing, and outscoring pacquiao. Pacquiao on the other hand is a faker,poser pound4pound king who will just run all night and throw 5 punches for every 300 punches gaychickenweather will throw.
That is why gaychickenweather deserves 70% because he is the one who will be tired after the fight, because of all his hard work.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

lhyksus wrote:
This thread was originally posted by 14brennan entitled "Read this and feel free to comment... "

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2009/05/why ... ment-22170

Why Mayweather Should Get the 70-30 Purse Split Against PacquiaoBy Manuel Perez: Manny Pacquiao is a great little fighter, but not the draw in the potential Floyd Mayweather Jr., bout that will likely be coming either late this year or early next year. Mayweather is the one that has brought in the huge numbers in bouts against Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya, whereas Pacquiao looked to be in on the ride in his fight with Hatton recently, and took advantage of Hatton’s huge popularity to get a nice payday in a huge mega PPV bout.

A lot of casual fans have no idea who Pacquiao is when I ask them if they’re familiar with him. When I ask them if they’re familiar with Mayweather or Hatton, they almost always say yes. This tells me that Pacquiao’s popularity is limited mostly to the Asian countries like the Philippines where Pacquiao comes from.

I think Pacquiao attracts a lot of Filipino American’s to his fights in the U.S, I doubt that is anywhere close to what Mayweather brings in because he’s more of a crossover star because of his coolness which a lot of different races fight appealing.

With Pacquiao, he’s more of an unknown commodity for casual fans, because it’s often hard to understand what he’s saying because of his accent. Pacquiao also says a lot of “Ahs” when he’s speaking and it’s really off putting for me to listen to him fish around for the proper words to use.

I want to shake the dude and tell him to spit it out already whatever he’s trying to get out of his trap. Most of the time what Pacquiao says is rather bland dull stuff, hardly interesting to listen to. Stuff like, “I’m going to knock him out” and other things of that kind without any real substance.

Maybe Pacquiao is interesting to listen to when he’s speaking Filipino, but when he’s talking English, it’s painfully boring for me to hear him talk. Since I’m kind of an average American, my guess is that other people in the U.S find Pacquiao equally boring. With Mayweather, he’s always talking trash, putting down his opponent while building himself up. With him, it’s like reality television because he’s real, outgoing and outward focused. He’s not self conscious and worried about what he’s going to say.

Another reason why Mayweather should get more money is because he hasn’t been beaten yet, he’s the undefeated fighter at 39-0. Pacquiao has been beaten several times and has fought to a couple of draws.

Traditionally, in the U.S. the fighter that gets the most money is the one that has the undefeated record (Mayweather), the fighter with more glamour and appeal (Mayweather) and the more exciting fighter (Mayweather). This is why Pacquiao should get the 30% revenue cut and be happy to get it.

If Pacquiao was from the U.S., spoke perfect English so that everyone could understand what’s coming out of his pie hole, and if he had an exciting style of fighting, by all means I think he should get the larger 70% cut. However, Pacquiao has none of those things going for him unfortunately.

That’s why he should get the low end of the cut. Look at it this way: If Pacquiao beats Mayweather, Juan Manuel Marquez, Edwin Valero or Amir Khan, and then I think Pacquiao should get the larger percent of the cut, but he hasn’t. Therefore, I think Mayweather should get the 70% cut and Pacquiao 30%.

This Manny Perez is helluva karakter.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

... poor & *****

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

atemo wrote:
Just don't click the link! Manuel Perez is a certified forever PAC hater! Let's not fall into his trap!

Attachment:
Numero1.jpg

Who will emerge victorious??? Who will inherit the "Golden, Black, and Blue" Boy's Girdle as the
top PAPER VIEW draw???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 pm 
Heavyweight

He only wants the website hits nothing more. dont visit that site

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 pm 
Heavyweight

He's a certified PAC hater. Inggit kasi eh!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

70/30 is fair enough.. mahal palibing ngayon eh.. lalo na sa mayayabang at duwag :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm 
Welterweight

Hahaha! I think he got my message when I said, in his last anti-pac article about Pacman isn't credible enough to be an all-time great or that he isn't popular, I asked him why is Manny's face included in his homepage.

Now there isn't any Pacquiao face anymore.

Now, I tell Manuela Perez that we dont care whether some people or most people doesn't know Manny Pacquiao, for as long as he, himself knows Manny, and writes something about Manny whether good or bad, that's HUGE.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:21 pm 
Lightweight

It's true Pacman is boring after the fight....
But Mayweather is boring during the fight....

Pacman is the most exciting fighter during the fight
while Mayweather is the most exciting fighter before the fight.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 am 
Featherweight

OK, 70-30 SPLIT but in favor of the WINNER. Floyd thinks he can defeat Manny but Manny and Roach think otherwise. The winner deserves the bigger share of the pie. Anyone between the two of them who does not agree is afraid or thinking of possible defeat by the other.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:09 am 
Middleweight

Blaster08 wrote:
70/30 is fair enough.. mahal palibing ngayon eh.. lalo na sa mayayabang at duwag :mrgreen:

You mean 70/30 is fair enough because Maywheather will just die in the ring? Even if that is so, 70/30 is not fair enough. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:28 am 
Welterweight

Sana nga pumlaya ang PPV ng Mayweather-Marquez. Sobrang epal ni Mayweather sa mga interview. Pero ganun talaga, merong bida, merong unggoy. Sana lang matalo sya ni Marquez.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

barbiesan wrote:
e most exciting fighter before the fight.
It's true Pacman is boring after the fight....
But Mayweather is boring during the fight....

Pacman is the most exciting fighter during the fight
while Mayweather is the most exciting fighter before the fight.

P

exciting against bigshow? :shock:

here's more exciting: I wonder what MP plans to gay when he said.. "gusto ko ng maraming sinasabi"? 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

Poor PacMan....Gayweather get to taste JuanMa first....
This is from an article by Michael
Marley
Attachment:
picresized_1243632664_2yl693q(1).jpg
Attachment:
gdpit_com_63508937_131.gif

Boxing, boxing, boxing......
:box: :box: :box:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.