Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:58 pm 
Heavyweight

Ricky Hatton considered suicide after defeat by Manny Pacquiao
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/15114640.stm

Ricky Hatton says depression almost drove him to suicide after he was knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in 2009.

In an exclusive interview on BBC Radio 5 live, Hatton explained how his life spiralled out of control in a battle with drink and drugs.

Hatton confirmed his retirement in July and now runs a successful promoting business.

But he said: "I was so down, I was crying and breaking out and contemplating suicide."

Hatton lost to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas in May 2009 with a brutal second-round knockout.

He said: "I was going deeper and deeper into depression.

"I was getting depressed. I was going out and having a few drinks. The worst thing you can do with depression is add alcohol to it.

"I needed something to get my backside into gear and pull my finger out. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to think, 'Blimey Ricky, get a grip'.

"Depression is a serious thing and, after my defeat to Manny Pacquiao, I contemplated retirement and didn't cope with it very well."

The former boxer's predicament was exposed in a newspaper sting where he was shown taking cocaine.

Hatton added: "For someone in my position taking drugs once is nothing short of disgraceful.

"The reason behind my actions and the way I was behaving wasn't a drink or drugs thing, it was depression. I was so down, I was crying and breaking out and contemplating suicide.

"Half the things I was doing I didn't even read about in the paper. I can't even remember the night it happened - that's what depression does to you.

"I was having blackouts, days on end whether I was drinking or not when I couldn't remember what had happened in my life.

"I thank the News of the World because who knows where it could have ended up.

"A lot of people say, 'I've tried committing suicide' - but there's saying it and doing it and it was coming on a regular basis.

"Being a proud man and a warrior, to get splattered in two rounds like I did, was really hard to come to terms with.

"When I tried to get back into training, I realised the hunger was gone and my career was over.

"Everything got on top of me and it was a really horrible time in my life. I would go out, have a few drinks, start sulking and start feeling sorry for myself.

"I kept coming home and crying to my girlfriend saying, 'I want to end it, I don't want to live'.

"Depression is a very serious thing. People don't realise how deadly it can be."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm 
Welterweight

Well that's the effect of Manny, ask Dela Hoya.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Hatton faced the most lethal Pacquiao @140.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Kawawa naman si Hatton. But he should understand the consequences of getting beaten by MannyPac. Its good he was caught sniffing cocaine as it paved the way for his recovery. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

If Hatton thought about this, how much more if mayweather will be beaten badly by pacquiao. Another is, we all know that the only thing that keeps him going into his life right now is his “0” loss. What will be the consequences upon slipping away that coveted status in mayweather’s ego.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm 
Heavyweight

For someone who says that he prays for his opponents also before the fight, Manny has
ruined many lives. Here are some of his recent opponents and the consequences of them
fighting Manny.

1. Ricky Hatton - admitted to depression and thought of ending his life.

2. Oscar Dela Hoya - admitted that he didn't cope well with retirement. Got addicted
to cocaine and became alcoholic.

3. Antonio Margarito - his eyes are probably permanently damage.

4. David Diaz - did not fight for about two years after suffering a brutal beating.
Wasn't the same fighter after that.

5. Joshua Clottey - hasn't fought since his lackluster performance against Manny.

6. Erik Morales - Base on his recent performances, he probably prematurely retired after suffering two
defeats against Manny.

So there you have it........you'll make a lot of money fighting Manny....but you better be ready to
face the consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

panday wrote:
For someone who says that he prays for his opponents also before the fight, Manny has
ruined many lives. Here are some of his recent opponents and the consequences of them
fighting Manny.

2. Oscar Dela Hoya - admitted that he didn't cope well with retirement. Got addicted

4. David Diaz - did not fight for about two years after suffering a brutal beating.

5. Joshua Clottey - hasn't fought since his lackluster performance against Manny.

6. Erik Morales - Base on his recent performances, he probably prematurely retired after suffering two
defeats against Manny.

So there you have it........you'll make a lot of money fighting Manny....but you better be ready to
face the consequences.

Well, brave men face consequences.. Floyd aint brave, he gets scared upon thinking what humiliation he will get if ever Manny defeats him...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

d_artagnan29 wrote:
panday wrote:
fighting Manny.

defeats against Manny.

face the consequences.

Well, brave men face consequences.. Floyd aint brave, he gets scared upon thinking what humiliation he will get if ever Manny defeats him...

You forgot that Marquez is so brave. He's brave enough to fight pacman again. :D

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:36 pm 
Cruiserweight

concon wrote:
d_artagnan29 wrote:
panday wrote:
fighting Manny.

defeats against Manny.

face the consequences.

You forgot that Marquez is so brave. He's brave enough to fight pacman again. :D

mexicans are the bravest opponent of pacman. 8)

unlike mosley, and most of all chicken mayweather. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

That exactly the impact you will get when you're not used to defeat. His first lose is nothing, he was able to get back and regroup his senses back again and start winning fights. But his fateful lose to the great Pacman is something unbearable and extremely painful to the extent that he almost ended his life.

All they have is their mouth talking about Pacman, but once they fight him, they see the difference between mouth and fist. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:57 pm 
Welterweight

panday wrote:
fighting Manny.

defeats against Manny.

face the consequences.

pactard :biglaugh: :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

panday wrote:
fighting Manny.

defeats against Manny.

face the consequences.

Pacquiao has now a new Boxing Title: MASTER OF RETIREMENT

* * * F I S O P means Floyd Is Scared Of Pacquiao! BY: PB#0528

TANDAAN MO KAPATID, kahit mahilig ka sa DINUGUAN ..., "Ang paggawa ng MABUTI ay HINDI magbubunga ng MASAMA!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 pm 
Light Heavyweight

concon wrote:
d_artagnan29 wrote:
panday wrote:
fighting Manny.

defeats against Manny.

face the consequences.

TRUE.. He is more braver specially with the motivation of getting much higher pay :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm 
Heavyweight

kay floyd.....ano kaya? he he he....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:43 pm 
Welterweight

be_still wrote:
kay floyd.....ano kaya? he he he....

FLOYD will officially announced that he's GAY! :lol: