Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:52 pm 
Featherweight

don't worry manny pacquiao has ALREADY INVESTED HIS WINNINGS ON APARTMENTS beside WILD CARD GYM

i got this news here in pacland also just try to find it...

Post subject: Commnon Sense
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:32 pm 
Middleweight

Majority of the people who are born rich know how to handle money because they are used to it and they have proper guidance on who to trust and how to protect their wealth. Many people who live in poverty who suddenly become wealthy cannot handle the sudden flow of money and they trust and listen to the wrong people (leeches). They end up broke at the end of their career. When they become broke, all the leeches that he called friends disappear. Good example, look what happened to Mike Tyson, Wilfred Benitez, Joe Louis and other boxers who end up broke. I hope Manny learn from the mistakes made by these people. He needs to change his lifestyle and start screening who are his real friends and who are the pretenders. This is only my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I think Manny should make me handle his finances. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Ramrod wrote:
I was one of those who jubilated when Manny gave Marco a neat boxing lesson. Without doubt, Manny is now the world's best featherweight. Testimony to this is that Manny's name is now mentioned in all boxing websites, sports TV and columns worldwide. Indeed, Manny has arrived.

As I jubilated over Manny's victory over Marco, I just cannot help recalling the names of Rolando Navarette and Flash Elorde at the back of my mind.

Navarette fashioned the same electrifying victory when he captured a world title years back. But alas and alack, Navarette failed to invest his winnings to something good. Look at him now.

I put Navarette in the picture at the height of Manny's victory because I would like Manny to learn a lesson or two with regards to what happened to the life of once legendary Rolando Navarette. I do not want Manny to end up like Navarette.

In contrast to Navarette, here's one boxer that Manny should emulate. Flash Elorde, the legendary bootblack from Bogo, Cebu, who came from humble beginnings to capture worldwide attention because of boxing. Not content with worldwide attention, DA FLASH invested his winnings very wisely.

Manny is now in the position to follow Elorde's greatness - not only in terms of becoming a champion in the ring but also in terms of investing wisely his money.

The last time I heard news that Manny had one drink too many and went berserk inside a karaoke club worried me so much. When I heard the news I was beginning to doubt whether Manny can handle success or not.

And now, with the new height that he had conquered, I hope that success will not go into Manny's head.

Many people will approach you with all kinds of offers. Some will offer you to become an actor, and some might even offer you to run for public office.

Ignore all these. These offers came only because you are so popular the this time and these people just would like to ride on your polularity. You are good at boxing. Stick to boxing. Focus on boxing.
One cannot compare Navarrete to Elorde & Pacman since Navarrete never attained such stature. Sure his win against Boza Edwards was one for the books however, Maria Sharapova's shorts are as long as Navarrete's reign. Yeah very short, defended successfully his title only once before losing & never regained.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

NICE READ AND GOOD ADVICE RAMROD! :celebrate: YOU "NAILED" THE POINT ON THIS ONE... THREADS LIKE THIS SHOULD GET COMMENDATION FROM SHIVA, ETC. KEEPIT COMING BRO'! KUDOS :toast: :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:54 pm 
Featherweight

You all worried much about Manny's money. But you have to remember that it's none of our business how the Pacman will spend his earnings. And we have to be ashamed to Manny, because of minding to his private life. Besides we don't have any idea about his investments in Mindanao. And we don't have any idea how much he earned in boxing. But let me tell you something about Manny's investments. He has investments in Davao, Bukidnon, Gen. Santos, and Dadiangas. He already owns a farm, with mango plantation and fighting cocks farm. He owns a building with grocery in GenSan. He owns a condominium in Manila. A building in USA. He owns 8 cars and one bike. He owns buildings in Davao. Now do you have to worry about all of these mentioned investments. One more thing Manny invested also in some banks. Lending business of the bank and not to mentioned the time deposit for his children. So Brothers you don't have to worry about how Manny spend his earnings. His wife is very much in control of their finance and businesses. Thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2