Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:23 pm 
Lightweight

and it was larry merchant. if you watched the fight closely, the fight was actually a draw and could have gone manny's way. morales almost got knocked down in the last round but manny was just too tired to finish him off and right after the cut caused by a head butt, manny's concentration was bother.
manny had it taken away from him again just like the jmm fight.

HATS OFF TO YOU MANNY PACQUIAO!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
lephuk wrote:
and it was larry merchant. if you watched the fight closely, the fight was actually a draw and could have gone manny's way. morales almost got knocked down in the last round but manny was just too tired to finish him off and right after the cut caused by a head butt, manny's concentration was bother.

No way! Merchant was really biased in this fight. He brought up the gloves issue during the fight! I mean, I was like SHUT THE FUCKK UP!! Morales and Pacquiao were trading shots like crazy in the middle of the ring, and Merchant was bitching about the gloves????? That really was uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
lephuk wrote:

No way! Merchant was really biased in this fight. He brought up the gloves issue during the fight! I mean, I was like SHUT THE FUCKK UP!! Morales and Pacquiao were trading shots like crazy in the middle of the ring, and Merchant was bitching about the gloves????? That really was uncalled for.

Agree. I was actually surprised on how close the fight was. I thought Morales won far more rounds. Anyway, congrats Heroe -and Erik for that matter. Manny will be back and on track...you can count on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:39 pm 
Middleweight

heroe, if that was barrera, he probably wouldve whined and sue/ fire his manager, trainer, etc :D AND.......not fight. but manny took it like nothing.........he's a very good man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:57 pm 
Lightweight

lephuk wrote:

Are you blind? I wonder what fight you watched, I think it wasn't the SUPERFIGHT between Pacman - El Terrible..I am a filipino but come on dude,BE A BOXING FAN EVEN JUST FOR THIS FIGHT AND NOT A PACMAN FAN..No question about it,EL TERRIBLE WAS THE BETTER MAN OF THAT FIGHT,hats off to him..In fairness to Manny,he had a heart bigger than MANILA..I think the biggest factor in that fight was the gloves issue,BUT STILL,El Terrible was simply the better man that night and he landed the bigger and cleaner shots..Pac fans,I know MANY OF YOU accepted PAC's defeat as a man (Pac himself accepted his loss and even congratulated the MORALES camp)..Pac is really a good example,this is how some of you guys should be, BE MAN ENOUGH TO ACCEPT DEFEAT. It's these reasons that make PAC's image so annoying to others..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:11 am 
Lightweight

king_of_the_ring wrote:
lephuk wrote:

Are you blind? I wonder what fight you watched, I think it wasn't the SUPERFIGHT between Pacman - El Terrible..I am a filipino but come on dude,BE A BOXING FAN EVEN JUST FOR THIS FIGHT AND NOT A PACMAN FAN..No question about it,EL TERRIBLE WAS THE BETTER MAN OF THAT FIGHT,hats off to him..In fairness to Manny,he had a heart bigger than MANILA..I think the biggest factor in that fight was the gloves issue,BUT STILL,El Terrible was simply the better man that night and he landed the bigger and cleaner shots..Pac fans,I know MANY OF YOU accepted PAC's defeat as a man (Pac himself accepted his loss and even congratulated the MORALES camp)..Pac is really a good example,this is how some of you guys should be, BE MAN ENOUGH TO ACCEPT DEFEAT. It's these reasons that make PAC's image so annoying to others..

me blind? we had on-demand instant replay in slow motion (something you probably never heard of) and we disected each round and actually had identical scores with Larry merchant.

All I'm saying is maybe Morales may have looked better in the fight but Manny connected with more telling blows that it could have gone his way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:15 am 
Middleweight

I've seen the fight 3x already since last night. I think this is Morales most prepared fight. He outboxed Manny surely, and unfortunately, the cut, and the gloves played a big factor on Manny's game. I was also thinking that he might have burned out from his training. As a fan PAC fan, you just can't help thinking about all this factors.
At any rate, definitely hats off to Morales. He fought real smart and outclass PACMAN. I felt disappointed from the loss and Team PAC needs to regroup and plan for a great comeback for PAC. It was a great fight and of course hats off to PAC too for showing how big his heart is. He will be back fellas -- our HERO will be back. And bro, it isn't a draw maybe if PAC had knock Morales down at least once, then it mine as well be a draw. I scored it 115-113 myself, and so as Larry Merchant - Morales leading by at least 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:20 am 
Cruiserweight

lephuk wrote:

Pare, biased talaga si Merchant para kay Manny. Sa tingin ko, lamang na lamang si Morales but it's only Merchant's comments that made me believe that the fight is close.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm 
Heavyweight

eddyboi2k4 wrote:
lephuk wrote:

Pare, biased talaga si Merchant para kay Manny. Sa tingin ko, lamang na lamang si Morales but it's only Merchant's comments that made me believe that the fight is close.

ows? :lol:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Another hukay thread!