Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:42 pm 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
Boom-Boom will be a world Champ!!
Just want to start this thread.. it's the second topic in this Forum.. i will just dig this probablly after a couple of years from now,when Ray is officially wearing a belt and i'll start my "I told you so.." thread... :D

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:00 pm 
Middleweight

No doubt that Boom Boom will become a great champ someday! But, I still think there are many other Pinoys that will get there first. Mayol and Viloria are two fighters that will make a dent on the world champion platter before Bautista. Tunacao is fighting Calderon in April; you gotta believe he has a good shot. Tunacao is not an exceptional prospect, but Calderon is not a ko artist either. We still have Randy Suico who will get a title shot before Bautista does, and with Randy he always has that punchers chance! Then Gorrez and Gabi, are in the mix as well. All these the fighters I mentioned, I believe will get a chance to fight for titles before Bautista. If they win or not, I don't know! I think Vilioria and Mayol will and hopefully a few others too. I'm hoping by the time Boom Boom becomes champ, we will be used to the sound of ring announcers, announcing the name of Pinoy fighters as World Champions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:05 pm 

AMEN to that Victor!

Watch out for Rodel Mayol and Heriberto Gejon this year. One of them will be a champ...I hope they both become world champs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:19 pm 
Welterweight

rey boom boom bautista is probably our best hope of making it really big in the fight world and suico is just second. Dis kid is only 18 and can knock u out with any punch a left hook, right hook, left uppercut, right uppercutt, left hook to da body, straight right, combined with really good hands speed will make him a legend like our boy manny pacquiao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:48 pm 
Middleweight

muay thai wrote:
AMEN to that Victor!

Watch out for Rodel Mayol and Heriberto Gejon this year. One of them will be a champ...I hope they both become world champs.
\

I forgot about Eriberot Gejon. I know he is rated, but what concerns me, is, I don't think he has fought out of the Philippines yet? Correct me if I'm mistaken! I'd have to see how he does against one of the little tough thai fighters, despite his being undefeated. As for Mayol, my honest feeling is that he is being slightly avoided. This kid is the "Real Deal:" great ring generalship and tactician, great power, great finisher and fairly polished. I thought I heard recently that he might be training with either Roach or Mckirt??? That would be great! I believe alot of effort will be made in near future U.S. promoters and trainers to seek talent in the P.I. Especially where they have all become so awe-struck by Manny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:18 pm 

Eriberto "Yukka" Gejon fought in Caracas, Venezuela last year and won over Carlos Melo for the vacant WBA Fedelatin minimumweight title. I read from other knowledgable posters here like Boholano and Jawo that he's a good boxer and tall at 5'7" for his weight @105.

Here's an interesting piece about this kid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eriberto "Yukka" Gejon: Another promising Star from the Philippines
by Epifanio M. Almeda

Standing 5’6½”, Cebu City based 25-year old Eriberto Gejon towers over many fighters in his weight class. “Despite my height, I find no problem fighting at minimum-weight”, says Yukka, whose statement is backed up by his outstanding ring record of 20-01, 11KO’s.

Last January 31 Eriberto (sometimes spelled Heriberto) won the minimum-weight Fedelatin title over Carlos Shangai Melo of Venezuela. “The fight was stopped in the 4th round after I got a bad cut from a head butt. I won because I was leading in the scorecards at the time of the stoppage,” recounts Gejon.

Yukka relinquished his Philippine minimum-weight title after his first successful defense as he and his manager trained their sights on his world ranking. Gejon is now rated #3 by WBA, #4 by WBC and #11 by IBF. “My manager, Mr. R. W. Salud, says that I will be fighting for a world title towards the end of this year after a tune up fight here in Cebu City,” states the ever hopeful and soft spoken Gejon.

Gejon relates that he got his nickname for being a look alike of a Japanese former WBA Junior Flyweight Champion named “Yukka”. “The gym where I trained had a big poster of the Japanese champion. When they noticed the resemblance they started calling me ‘Yukka’ and the name has since then stuck,” adds Gejon.

Veteran boxing trainer Nicolas G. Nunal sizes up Yukka, “Gejon knows the sweet science of boxing. He controls his fights by observing first his opponent’s style before accurately delivering his punches. His has the advantage in height and reach. He knows the fundamentals by heart and applies them in the ring. However, he still needs to add more power in his punches. This he can achieve by proper weight training.”

On the possibility of a collision with the equally gifted and world rated minimum-weight Rodel Mayol, Gejon confesses, “Rodel is a very close friend. I can’t imagine fighting him in the ring.”

Asked what is his best punch that will carry him to a world championship? The fearless Yukka says, it is his “straight right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:18 am 
Lightweight

pinoy power!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

i second that,one of the most promising potential.and as the above posters say,there's a handful we shouldnt forget to support,like mayol,suico,gejon(i havnt seen him fight yet) and of course gerry penalosa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

So we have lots of future filipino world beaters! MABUHAY SILANG LAHAT !!! I hope sooner magkaroon na tayo ng bagong world boxing champion para may kasama naman si Manny. Mayol, Bautista, Suico, Gejon, Gorres or sino pang nandiyan,,,nasa likod nyo kami !!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 pm 
Featherweight

i havent seen yukka gejons fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

Of course there is Benedict Suico Randy's younger brother. I've seen him fight, he's still young but has a lot of potential. Mayol, Bautista, Suico, Gejon and the rest...I just wish they would show all the fights of these potential future world champs on tv so that we could follow their journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:13 am 
Heavyweight

the future looks bright, i gotta wear shades...

:singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:celebrate:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:25 am 

nick alejo wrote:
Boom-Boom will be a world Champ!!
Just want to start this thread.. it's the second topic in this Forum.. i will just dig this probablly after a couple of years from now,when Ray is officially wearing a belt and i'll start my "I told you so.." thread... :D

mag-dilang anghel ka sana pareng nick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:53 am 

Boom2 is going to be dinamite for sure :celebrate:
Give him 2 more year. HE will shine in boxing :celebrate:

Rafael Marquez eat your heart out! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:52 am 
Heavyweight

Victor wrote:
No doubt that Boom Boom will become a great champ someday! But, I still think there are many other Pinoys that will get there first. Mayol and Viloria are two fighters that will make a dent on the world champion platter before Bautista. Tunacao is fighting Calderon in April; you gotta believe he has a good shot. Tunacao is not an exceptional prospect, but Calderon is not a ko artist either. We still have Randy Suico who will get a title shot before Bautista does, and with Randy he always has that punchers chance! Then Gorrez and Gabi, are in the mix as well. All these the fighters I mentioned, I believe will get a chance to fight for titles before Bautista. If they win or not, I don't know! I think Vilioria and Mayol will and hopefully a few others too. I'm hoping by the time Boom Boom becomes champ, we will be used to the sound of ring announcers, announcing the name of Pinoy fighters as World Champions!

Hear, hear! I'll drink to that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next