Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:57 am 
Cruiserweight

INVASION: PHILIPPINES VERSUS THE WORLD
FEEDING THE WOLVES

It wasn’t the usual hype that often characterizes an asian-latino antagonism in this sport; the usual hype that guarantees a massive sell-out. This one was worse than that. Drawing in to the core of the campaign a false sense of national pride and esteem, the promoters has successfully spelled the commercial success of the fight. A predetermined success that will keep boxing fans and bystanders mesmerized for weeks.

The selling line: Invasion: Philippines Versus the World, a spin-off of the Filipino-Mexican war in boxing which is actually a war for commerce inspired by the huge hit of Manny Pacquiao’s triumphant campaign in retiring Mexican greats. Again the people were at frenzy in (re)defining their phenomenal selves as their countrymen in gloves have clean swept the fight, thwarted the invasion, and kept the “supposed dominance” of Filipinos in divisions south of lightweight a clean mythical record.

There is this false sense of national pride and esteem created by the powerful manipulative media. Charmed by the victorious campaign...

read full article:
http://ibonggala.blogs.friendster.com/i ... l#comments

rules in pacland debate
1. estong is always right
2. if estong is wrong, refer to rule number 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:24 am 
Cruiserweight

Those that tried to invade were patsies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:50 am 
Heavyweight

nah, it wasn't that bad. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:02 am 
Welterweight

i believe vorapin was the mandatory challenger and banal's opponent is undefeated i don't think they are patsies but the rest are

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:14 am 
Heavyweight

they're not patsies
they're bums :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:19 am 
Heavyweight

The Korean looked like a bum.
Herrera from Uruguay must've fought donkey jockeys. But, what can AJ do?
He had to fight him.

Vorapain looked like the elephant man against Gerry. Voraalotofpain's head had a magnet for Gerry's fists.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:21 am 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
they're not patsies

...you're only too ashame to accept that they are not...:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:07 am 
Middleweight

I'm actually surprised that bum Genaro Camargo was able to hurt Boomx2.. My cousin beat him, badly.. I think its clear that Boomx2 doesn't have a chin at all..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 am 
Middleweight

so aj banal is not yet ready for a world title match coz he just fought a bum??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:27 am 
Middleweight

DigitalDevil wrote:
so aj banal is not yet ready for a world title match coz he just fought a bum??
There is only one way to find out amigo.. But me personally, for the types of Montiel and Mijares I say no. I say test him vs. a tough still a contender, former world champ, Martin Castillo. That would be a good one, Arce is another contender at 115 but he might be too much for him, at this point. As for Boomx2, no future IMO..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 am 
Middleweight

el critico wrote:
they're not patsies

you're the bum..i dont like you
:P

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

estongis wrote:
INVASION: PHILIPPINES VERSUS THE WORLD
FEEDING THE WOLVES

It wasn’t the usual hype that often characterizes an asian-latino antagonism in this sport; the usual hype that guarantees a massive sell-out. This one was worse than that. Drawing in to the core of the campaign a false sense of national pride and esteem, the promoters has successfully spelled the commercial success of the fight. A predetermined success that will keep boxing fans and bystanders mesmerized for weeks.

The selling line: Invasion: Philippines Versus the World, a spin-off of the Filipino-Mexican war in boxing which is actually a war for commerce inspired by the huge hit of Manny Pacquiao’s triumphant campaign in retiring Mexican greats. Again the people were at frenzy in (re)defining their phenomenal selves as their countrymen in gloves have clean swept the fight, thwarted the invasion, and kept the “supposed dominance” of Filipinos in divisions south of lightweight a clean mythical record.

There is this false sense of national pride and esteem created by the powerful manipulative media. Charmed by the victorious campaign...

read full article:
http://ibonggala.blogs.friendster.com/i ... l#comments

Now they're talking. I say, these writers are just sensationalizing their articles.
Why did they not make noise before the fight? I'm sure they have another article ready had the Filipino boxers lost. Perhaps the title would go this way had Banal lost : "Banal not yet ready for the big time".
What else is new? Writers are writers, and they will do everything, write everything to get the highest amount of attention for their articles. This article is one of them.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 am 
Middleweight

MEXBOXING wrote:
I'm actually surprised that bum Genaro Camargo was able to hurt Boomx2.. My cousin beat him, badly.. I think its clear that Boomx2 doesn't have a chin at all..

That's because Camargo have hands also. Does your cousin not hit by Camargo at all? Of course Boom2x has chin he will not be human if he hasn't one. And what round did your cousin KO'd Camargo is it in the first round?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:27 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
The Korean looked like a bum.
Herrera from Uruguay must've fought donkey jockeys. But, what can AJ do?
He had to fight him.

Vorapain looked like the elephant man against Gerry. Voraalotofpain's head had a magnet for Gerry's fists.

Why not analyze how our Filipino boxers fought and put a comment from there instead of looking straight to their opponents. Are the Filipino boxers got the approval from GBP and have a chance to fight for a much bigger income? Our boxers need to impress the promoter and not us after all they're the one who's paying them. Also, isn't it that GBP was the one who set this so called Invasion: Philippines vs World. We should blame GBP for letting the Filipino boxers KO'd all their opponents.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:20 am 
Middleweight

philboxfan wrote:
MEXBOXING wrote:

That's because Camargo have hands also. Does your cousin not hit by Camargo at all? Of course Boom2x has chin he will not be human if he hasn't one. And what round did your cousin KO'd Camargo is it in the first round?
Of course he hit my cousin, but he was never hurt. And no sh!t he has a chin, would you rather me go the long way and say "Boomx2 cant take a punch very well when hit"? So chins classify species as humans? Other animals have chins :biglaugh: My cousin KO'd him in 3 rounds, I'm not saying my cousin is an elite fighter, but he was never hurt by that bum. I'm sure anyone can be hurt at any given point but Boomx2 has been hurt in his last 4-5 fights. True or not?