Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 pm 
Middleweight

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080421176

Damn! I can't believe this. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this report but Condes is supposed to pay Jaro an unbelievable 40% of his prize as manager's fee in his contract. Grabe, but he probably had no other choice that time but to sign with Jaro. This 40% is even bigger than the amount shelly finkel takes from his fighters. I think in this agreement, about only 25% is left for Condes at the end of the day. Poor boy.

I hope there will be more Aljoe Jaros in this world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:31 pm 
Middleweight

... I hope jaro also shares 40 pct. of the lumps & bruises so it will be fair.... THIS IS A TOTAL EXPLOITAION & RIP OFF... KAWAWA ang mga boxers....Calling the attention of Congress & the Senate.... instead of wasting your time on Lozada and pa pogi for 2010, please legislate a bill to control or punish unscrupulous managers & promoters like Jaro, and likewise, help Luisito Espinoza get his pay from Nazario. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:01 am 
Lightweight

Aljoe Jaro is a corruptions manager. But in the Philippines, no corruption is not Philippines. Even in my barangay, it was corruption all the time. Even also in the puroks. So therefore I conclude, Jaro is just not abnormal managing his boxers with corruption. Even politicians is corruption the people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:32 am 
Cruiserweight

Hawaiian Punch wrote:
Aljoe Jaro is a corruptions manager. But in the Philippines, no corruption is not Philippines. Even in my barangay, it was corruption all the time. Even also in the puroks. So therefore I conclude, Jaro is just not abnormal managing his boxers with corruption. Even politicians is corruption the people.

That is not corruption bcoz it has been agreed by both parties through a contract, but has the same effects as corruption! The poor boxer gets poorer!!, the problem is that Codes agree first hand before signing the contract, and now Jaro (the leech) is following condes in his fight to mexico which will be a distraction, Jaro has no business to go there!!

Gab should have a guideline to the purse sharing between boxer and manager.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 am 
Light Heavyweight

Aljoe Jaro:

as a trainer: 9/10
as a manager: 2/10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 am 
Middleweight

zakk wylde wrote:
http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p=49&type=2&sec=30&aid=20080421176

Damn! I can't believe this. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this report but Condes is supposed to pay Jaro an unbelievable 40% of his prize as manager's fee in his contract. Grabe, but he probably had no other choice that time but to sign with Jaro. This 40% is even bigger than the amount shelly finkel takes from his fighters. I think in this agreement, about only 25% is left for Condes at the end of the day. Poor boy.

Mukha palang, itong si Jaro is damn pure greed. I heard him talked in one of the talk shows where he said blatantly 'Paano naman ang kita ko?' , that was his comment that he pocketed all $10,000 part of the sign in bonus fee that should have belonged to Condes. Harap harapan yung pagiging bakulaw nya.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 am 
Cruiserweight

MIDNIGHT_RYDER wrote:
zakk wylde wrote:

Mukha palang, itong si Jaro is damn pure greed. I heard him talked in one of the talk shows where he said blatantly 'Paano naman ang kita ko?' , that was his comment that he pocketed all $10,000 part of the sign in bonus fee that should have belonged to Condes. Harap harapan yung pagiging bakulaw nya.

Super greedy talaga!!

He forget he was a former boxer too, people like him dont deserve to be in the business, poor boxers will suffer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am 
Welterweight

tanging ina yan busit!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm 
Middleweight

skipper5398 wrote:
MIDNIGHT_RYDER wrote:
zakk wylde wrote:

Super greedy talaga!!

He forget he was a former boxer too, people like him dont deserve to be in the business, poor boxers will suffer.
HE SHOULD DIE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:22 pm 
Heavyweight

aljoe jaro handles boxing like his own enterprise and boxers as his employees. the boxers should be the boss and the manager like jaro his employee. its a good move by condes to cut ties with this greedy boxing manager. i heard sammy gello-ani is now temporarily handling condes. if what i heard is true, then condes is in good hands. i hope it becomes permanent.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:36 pm 
Middleweight

may God bless his soul.