Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:41 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

The guy is 35 yrs old! Let him fight who ever he wants!
Gerry is looking for a big fight for his retirement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:12 am 
Light Heavyweight

This is a great fight, I love gerry to see him fighter younger than him and stronger than him, I think style wise for gerry, he can pick his spot coz gerry has a lot of angle to throw his punches. I'll go for gerry for UD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

I stand corrected in GP not being knocked down in any of his fight, but it holds true that IV suffered more knock downs in his career.

What still holds true is that GP has never been KOed throughout his career, and at this point in time, he even looks much fresher than IV even if he is older.

A slugger like IV is always tailor made for defensive counter punchers like GP, because no one will be running around and since both will be trading in the middle of the ring, it will make for an exciting fight.

GP showed aggression in his last two fights already, an indication that he learned from the debacle of losing to DPDL due only to the sheer volume of punches by DPDL. Thus, he is now an aggressive counter puncher, a better combination if you don't want to leave the decisions to judges.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am 
Lightweight

life wrote:
lindsey wrote:
life wrote:
A perfect match... 8)

Vasquez is too big for Gerry, too strong, throws punches in every angle, can take punches and has the heart of a lion. I give Gerry a 20% chance to win on these.

I do believe DPDL is much stronger than Vasquez.Vasquez is also a brawler a perfect match for Gerry,a counter-puncher fighter.

By the way, we are in the wrong forum... :wink:

But Vasquez is much faster and more skilled fighter than than DPPL, i wuld lub to watch Vasquez vs DPDL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:53 am 
Lightweight

to all the boxing enthusiasts in the world. i wanna tell you this: gerry penalosa is the best technical fighter that have come out of the philippines and a fight for IV is jerry's chance to be recognize in a boxing world. look what manny has done against MAB, only few beleives he can beat him. i think jerry can do that also..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:54 am 
Heavyweight

baeaywan wrote:
to all the boxing enthusiasts in the world. i wanna tell you this: gerry penalosa is the best technical fighter that have come out of the philippines and a fight for IV is jerry's chance to be recognize in a boxing world. look what manny has done against MAB, only few beleives he can beat him. i think jerry can do that also..

Bring it on!!!

Welcome to Pacland bro. Keep posting :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm 
Lightweight

vasquez and de leon should fight first then d loser fight with gerry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:57 pm 
Middleweight

vasquez will get murdered instead, i believe penalosa is the harder and more accurate puncher. it will take vasquez several bunches of punches to make penalisa groggy but it will only take one punch for penalosa to knockout vasquez.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

auror wrote:
Vasquez is not that big to be compared against Gerry. Gonzalez is much bigger. Both are technical fighters, and both have power that could knock out each other.

I think Gerry could defeat Vazquez, due to the fact that Vazquez gets hit more often than Gerry. As you could see in his last thre fight, defense and counter punching was Gerry Penalosa's forte. Remember also that Jhonny Gonzalez was able to knock down Vazquez twice in their fight, but Gonzalez was not able to do that to an older Penalosa.

The work rate showed by Penalosa in his fight against Gonzalez and Vorapin is akin to the way JMM transformed himself from a usual counter puncher to an initiator of offense also. Penalosa, if you have been watching him closely, is not content on counter punching anymore. That may have been a lesson he learned when he lost to DPDL, and may very well serve him in a fight against Vasquez or Marquez, or a rematch with DPDL.

MAS MALAPIT SA KATOTOHANAN ANG SINASABI MO KESA SA IBANG THREAD D2, PRE!!LET'S DRINK TO THAT!! I'M 2ND D MOTION!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

xerex(gto) wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Penalosa will get murdered

but Boom Boom has a chance to beat Vasquez by KO

yeah, boom boom might have a chance if he'll be given a free throw shot(punch) to the chin of IV

Boom boom cannot beat Vasquez at this point of time..he needs to learn more head movement and defense..but gerry vs Vasquez i'll put my money on gerry..gerry has never been beaten (i mean) beaten by any figther..he may lost a few bouts on a split decisions or the lastest the controversial UD against de Leon..let marquez, varquez, de leon and caballero line up and fight gerry..All of them will one by one fall down..fight analysis? its not the chin, power, or the height and reach win the fight; its the "it" that wins it..nobody believes that pacquiao can beat barera or marquez before..now, what happens..maybe I saw something in gerry that you guys haven't see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

Dagul_Denboy wrote:

Yeah, that's if Vasquez has his two hands tied behind his back!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

auror wrote:
I stand corrected in GP not being knocked down in any of his fight, but it holds true that IV suffered more knock downs in his career.

What still holds true is that GP has never been KOed throughout his career, and at this point in time, he even looks much fresher than IV even if he is older.

A slugger like IV is always tailor made for defensive counter punchers like GP, because no one will be running around and since both will be trading in the middle of the ring, it will make for an exciting fight.

GP showed aggression in his last two fights already, an indication that he learned from the debacle of losing to DPDL due only to the sheer volume of punches by DPDL. Thus, he is now an aggressive counter puncher, a better combination if you don't want to leave the decisions to judges.

To my knowledge Gerry hasn't been knocked down in his professional career so can you fill me in on what fight he's been kd'ed?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am 
Heavyweight

Dagul_Denboy wrote:

are you serious and trying to imply that boom2 is better than penalosa? NO WAY!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 am 
Light Heavyweight

another suicide match for gerry

[mg]http://library.thinkquest.org/trio/TTQ05011/Images/dizziness.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

napp wrote:
another suicide match for gerry

You think? Just like with Johnny Gonzales, huh? :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next