Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 am 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Let's set the time around 3 pm.

Butcher, please identify the specific place at MOA (and how to get there :) ). Other paclanders who might be in the area might want to join the discussions and they are welcome. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:55 am 
Heavyweight

Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Butcher, please identify the specific place at MOA (and how to get there :) ). Other paclanders who might be in the area might want to join the discussions and they are welcome. :D

Guys, can we make it earlier? I might go to Subic later kasi.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
Guys, can we make it earlier? I might go to Subic later kasi.
Thanks.

What time ICB?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:26 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:

Maybe we can meet in a coffee shop. There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia. If anyone else has a better place in mind, feel free to suggest.

FYI to everyone, there's a pyrotechnic show (part of some international pyrotechnic competition) in the evening. I think it'll be the last day. If you'd want to bring your families to watch it after our meeting, you could hang out in MOA until the show.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:35 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia.

I'm not so familiar with MOA. Is "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" near a parking area?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

:)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia.

I'm not so familiar with MOA. Is "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" near a parking area?

If I remember correctly, it's at the back of MOA near the covered, open air, multifunction area. It's right by the street. There are open parking spaces in the back too. So it's on the side of MOA that faces the bay, but still part of the MOA complex. We can call each other when we're in the area.

Have we finalized the time?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:33 am 
Heavyweight

I prefer around 1pm, but I'll confirm tomorrow kung tuloy kami sa Subic.
If there'll be a pyro show then it's going to be jampacked with people so the earlier the better for us to meet.
Merong Hooters doon di ba? :biglaugh: Anyway kung sa likod marami namang parking space.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

Found a great fundraising idea:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands? I know a lot of Filipinos love to hear live music and the competition between bands is an event worth holding. A friend of mine here is a Project Manager/ Coordinator for one of the biggest foundations here in Canada so she gave me this idea. I dont think its a bad one either. They pooled in a good $6M for the event for a one day stint. Of course it is going to be a little smaller but this would also be a good way to raise funds.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Morpheus24 wrote:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands?

I hope somebody would volunteer to coordinate this activity.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:11 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

I'm part of the Imus Tennis Club which is participating a Cavite wide tournament. So I'll just try to sneak out for a while and be back to Cavite asap.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:02 am 
Cruiserweight

Morpheus24 wrote:

I dont mind volunteering, the problem is I am not in Manila. A Project Manager/ Coordinator's job would be to liaise with companies that donated to the fund and helped sponsor the event, someone that will communicate with the company responsible for the PR and research.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

Morpheus24 wrote:
Morpheus24 wrote:

I dont mind volunteering, the problem is I am not in Manila. A Project Manager/ Coordinator's job would be to liaise with companies that donated to the fund and helped sponsor the event, someone that will communicate with the company responsible for the PR and research.

That's a good idea raising funds. I've seen concert ads like this before in Manila. I hope we have somebody here in Pacland who has experience on this and has contacts. I'll ask around too.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

I'm part of the Imus Tennis Club which is participating a Cavite wide tournament. So I'll just try to sneak out for a while and be back to Cavite asap.

Sir Epi, I might not be going to Subic anymore so anytime in the afternoon onwards for me is fine. I still prefer at 1pm to avoid the crowd watching the fireworks if we are to meet in MOA.
Do we have a place for the meeting already? Late afternoon in pier one along roxas is good too. They already serve beer. :toast: :D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

Sir Epi, I might not be going to Subic anymore so anytime in the afternoon onwards for me is fine. I still prefer at 1pm to avoid the crowd watching the fireworks if we are to meet in MOA.
Do we have a place for the meeting already? Late afternoon in pier one along roxas is good too. They already serve beer. :toast: :D

I hope we have the number para matuloy ito. Maganda ang goal and we have to try convincing PRMO regulars to attend this meeting and fix their signatures and approval.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next