Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:22 am
Posts: 8378
The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Let's set the time around 3 pm.

Butcher, please identify the specific place at MOA (and how to get there :) ). Other paclanders who might be in the area might want to join the discussions and they are welcome. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:55 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 21525
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Let's set the time around 3 pm.

Butcher, please identify the specific place at MOA (and how to get there :) ). Other paclanders who might be in the area might want to join the discussions and they are welcome. :D

Guys, can we make it earlier? I might go to Subic later kasi.
Thanks.

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:22 am
Posts: 8378
IceColdBeer wrote:
Guys, can we make it earlier? I might go to Subic later kasi.
Thanks.

What time ICB?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:26 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Let's set the time around 3 pm.

Butcher, please identify the specific place at MOA (and how to get there :) ). Other paclanders who might be in the area might want to join the discussions and they are welcome. :D


Maybe we can meet in a coffee shop. There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia. If anyone else has a better place in mind, feel free to suggest.

FYI to everyone, there's a pyrotechnic show (part of some international pyrotechnic competition) in the evening. I think it'll be the last day. If you'd want to bring your families to watch it after our meeting, you could hang out in MOA until the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:35 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:22 am
Posts: 8378
The Butcher wrote:
There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia.

I'm not so familiar with MOA. Is "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" near a parking area?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: OSLO,NORWAY
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the back of Mall of Asia.

I'm not so familiar with MOA. Is "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" near a parking area?


If I remember correctly, it's at the back of MOA near the covered, open air, multifunction area. It's right by the street. There are open parking spaces in the back too. So it's on the side of MOA that faces the bay, but still part of the MOA complex. We can call each other when we're in the area.

Have we finalized the time?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:33 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 21525
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
I prefer around 1pm, but I'll confirm tomorrow kung tuloy kami sa Subic.
If there'll be a pyro show then it's going to be jampacked with people so the earlier the better for us to meet.
Merong Hooters doon di ba? :biglaugh: Anyway kung sa likod marami namang parking space.

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:50 am
Posts: 2186
Location: Jane/ Finch, Toronto, Canada,Earth
Found a great fundraising idea:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands? I know a lot of Filipinos love to hear live music and the competition between bands is an event worth holding. A friend of mine here is a Project Manager/ Coordinator for one of the biggest foundations here in Canada so she gave me this idea. I dont think its a bad one either. They pooled in a good $6M for the event for a one day stint. Of course it is going to be a little smaller but this would also be a good way to raise funds.

_________________
Elle doit avoir ses anglais


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:08 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:22 am
Posts: 8378
Morpheus24 wrote:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands?

I hope somebody would volunteer to coordinate this activity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:22 am
Posts: 8378
IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

I'm part of the Imus Tennis Club which is participating a Cavite wide tournament. So I'll just try to sneak out for a while and be back to Cavite asap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:02 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:50 am
Posts: 2186
Location: Jane/ Finch, Toronto, Canada,Earth
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
Morpheus24 wrote:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands?

I hope somebody would volunteer to coordinate this activity.


I dont mind volunteering, the problem is I am not in Manila. A Project Manager/ Coordinator's job would be to liaise with companies that donated to the fund and helped sponsor the event, someone that will communicate with the company responsible for the PR and research.

_________________
Elle doit avoir ses anglais


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:51 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 21525
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Morpheus24 wrote:
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
Morpheus24 wrote:
What about sponsoring a battle of the bands?

I hope somebody would volunteer to coordinate this activity.


I dont mind volunteering, the problem is I am not in Manila. A Project Manager/ Coordinator's job would be to liaise with companies that donated to the fund and helped sponsor the event, someone that will communicate with the company responsible for the PR and research.

That's a good idea raising funds. I've seen concert ads like this before in Manila. I hope we have somebody here in Pacland who has experience on this and has contacts. I'll ask around too.

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 21525
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

I'm part of the Imus Tennis Club which is participating a Cavite wide tournament. So I'll just try to sneak out for a while and be back to Cavite asap.

Sir Epi, I might not be going to Subic anymore so anytime in the afternoon onwards for me is fine. I still prefer at 1pm to avoid the crowd watching the fireworks if we are to meet in MOA.
Do we have a place for the meeting already? Late afternoon in pier one along roxas is good too. They already serve beer. :toast: :D

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 11543
Location: Patio Kusina corner Labahan St.,Bahay ni Ka Lando.
IceColdBeer wrote:
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
I prefer around 1pm

OK, around 1pm.

I'm part of the Imus Tennis Club which is participating a Cavite wide tournament. So I'll just try to sneak out for a while and be back to Cavite asap.

Sir Epi, I might not be going to Subic anymore so anytime in the afternoon onwards for me is fine. I still prefer at 1pm to avoid the crowd watching the fireworks if we are to meet in MOA.
Do we have a place for the meeting already? Late afternoon in pier one along roxas is good too. They already serve beer. :toast: :D

I hope we have the number para matuloy ito. Maganda ang goal and we have to try convincing PRMO regulars to attend this meeting and fix their signatures and approval.

_________________
History is the best book,experience is the best teacher.
My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of other pessimists.
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group