Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:47 pm 
Welterweight

After losing his WBC light flyweight title to Rodel Mayol, Edgar Sosa's camp are considering to file a complaint to the WBC to have the fight declared a no-contest, believing the head-butt there was deliberate. I just hope Mayol's handlers would step forward to defend him.

In regards to this, I watched the video of the fight linked here in PAC-LAND. Here are my thoughts on this. I really don't think the clash of heads in the fight was intentional by Mayol. Why? It is natural for a fighter to move his entire body when delivering a punch. The way I saw it there, Mayol was just trying to give a right hook but it just happens Sosa moved forward at him which resulted in the headbutt. Nevermind the way the referree ruled. Refs tend to make mistakes because they are human. Also, the fact that Sosa and the ref are both Mexicans might be a factor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

they're sore Fuucking losers what do you expect!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Talunan kc mga yan.

trans; the referee and the ring physician allowed sosa to continue,,also the ref. gave a 1point deduction to our fighter mayol,,,so there will be no controversial,,, SOSA IS A SOUR GRAPING LOSER,,,

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:32 pm 
Welterweight

No need to file any protest. I believe Rodel will keep his word to give Sosa a rematch. Sosa deserves it anyway. The fighters will have to be careful next time so that no issues will be raised every time one's hand is raised. :hat:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Mayol already agreed to a rematch. I think no need for Sosa camp to file a complaint with the WBC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm 
Heavyweight

paulmath wrote:
No need to file any protest. I believe Rodel will keep his word to give Sosa a rematch. Sosa deserves it anyway. The fighters will have to be careful next time so that no issues will be raised every time one's hand is raised. :hat:

right, sosa must act like a true warrior in the ring, not by winning fights on technicalities. now that mayol has agreed to give him a rematch, he should stop from whining like a sissy and get prepared for a chance to prove himself right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm 
Heavyweight

paulmath wrote:

right, sosa must act like a true warrior in the ring, not by winning fights on technicalities. now that mayol has agreed to give him a rematch, he should stop from whining like a sissy and get prepared for a chance to prove himself right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 pm 
Heavyweight

it wasn't intentional. if walang vids mapapaniwala tayo sa articles lang.if he didn't ko his oponent that 1 point immediate deduction without at least 1 warning whatsoever is already a clear sign that the ref is biased and there will be a homecourt decision.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:21 pm 
Featherweight

proof mayweather and elerbe are gay....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7INGlrkKY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:
After losing his WBC light flyweight title to Rodel Mayol, Edgar Sosa's camp are considering to file a complaint to the WBC to have the fight declared a no-contest, believing the head-butt there was deliberate. I just hope Mayol's handlers would step forward to defend him.

In regards to this, I watched the video of the fight linked here in PAC-LAND. Here are my thoughts on this. I really don't think the clash of heads in the fight was intentional by Mayol. Why? It is natural for a fighter to move his entire body when delivering a punch. The way I saw it there, Mayol was just trying to give a right hook but it just happens Sosa moved forward at him which resulted in the headbutt. Nevermind the way the referree ruled. Refs tend to make mistakes because they are human. Also, the fact that Sosa and the ref are both Mexicans might be a factor.

yup and they took a point away then after that mayol unleashed the storm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:44 pm 
Welterweight

the mere fact that sosa agreed to continue is enough reason that it was a legit win for mayol. he should have just refused to fight and fight another day. also, he looked ok when they continued. it was the strong and legit punches that stopped him and not the headbutt. i don't think it was intentional though i really don't like mayol's style of moving his head ahead of his gloves. sosa should have solved it buy giving rodel more uppercuts. just a few cents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 pm 
Welterweight

sprpacmania wrote:

lost son?