Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Good news for Z Gorres
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:22 am 
Middleweight

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/good-news-z

Good news for Z Gorres

DATCHES Gorres will soon be reunited with her husband, fallen ALA Gym star Z Gorres, in Las Vegas, as her visa was approved by the US Embassy yesterday.

“Datches was granted her visa today (yesterday),” ALA Gym founder Antonio L. Aldeguer told Sun.Star Cebu.

“If Datches gets her passport tomorrow from the US Embassy, she will fly to Vegas on Thursday,” he added.

"The Manny Pacquiao Blog". Click here for stories and updates on the Filipino boxing champ.

Z is currently confined at the University Medical Center Hospital in Las Vegas and is recuperating from the brain injury he acquired after his Nov. 13 bout with Colombian banger Luis Melendez.

“I visited Z yesterday, Nov. 30, at 4 p.m. Las Vegas time. He looked good, maybe the best I have seen him. His eyes are open and looked normal. However, he still cannot recognize people but was sharp in responding when I talked to him. He cannot speak yet but can communicate well on his right side,” said ALA Promotions president Michael Aldeguer, the son of Antonio, via email.

Michael, who regularly pays visits to his ward in the hospital, broke the news to Z that he will soon be reunited with his wife this week, and this brought tears to the eyes of the 27-year-old former world title challenger.

“I told him that his wife will be arriving on Dec. 2 or 3 and he nodded his head and had tears in his eyes, which made it so emotional. I told him never did I realize that a lot of people care and love him, because the response and prayers were overwhelming,” said Michael.

Although Gorres ended his career prematurely, Michael is thankful that he lived through the terrifying mishap and is continuing to progress from his head injury.

“It will be a long road for Z to be back to living a normal life but what is sure is that he can live a functional life and can enjoy his kids. His left side is still not responding and will need time to rehabilitate. Although, we cannot ask for more because of what he went through and I could say where he is now is a miracle. We would like to thank everyone for the concern and prayers that helped Z recover in this very difficult time. Maybe God has other plans for Z. As the saying goes you can never put a good man down,” he said.

After Z’s status will improve, he will be continuing his rehabilitation in the Philippines, where he will be close to his family—his wife and his four children.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 am 
Many are helping Z financially like the City gov't of Cebu.

I hope Z especially the kids will have just enough to go through with their education.

I also hope and pray that Z will also recover to become a future trainer like FR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 am 
Middleweight

thanks to God for letting Butchoy stay with us and making him recover.
I am faithful that he will live a normal life with us once again.

I'm actually a little bit excited when Gorres will become a trainer in BTC. At least we can learn first hand from him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:43 am 
Welterweight

Let us pray that everything will be ok now :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:45 am 
Heavyweight

This is good news indeed. Let us continue to pray for Z's full recovery. :)