Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:17 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:39 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 476
Location: HUECO MUNDO
He might not be ready..However the questions here are,will he ever be??Will he ever reach the level of Lopez?Will the oppurtunity be always there?Will he wait forever?
Let them fight and we'll just support Abe and pray for him..Who knows,the breaks will favor Abe or Lopez will have an off night..I just hope Abe will have a heart of a true pinoy warrior come fight night...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm
Posts: 445
Manny Pookyaw wrote:
Diego2009 wrote:
JUANMA IS TOO FAST AND TOO STRONG FOR CONCEPCION.

2 OR 3 MORE FIGHTERS BEFORE JUANMA IN MY OPINION.

1. CONCEPCION NEEDS TO WORK IN HIS STAMINA - RUN UPHILL 3 HOURS A DAY. (HE ALMOST COLLAPSE IN HIS LAST FIGHT)

2. EAT LOTS OF BANANAS AT LEAST 12 BANANAS A DAY TO GET LOTS OF POTASSIUM (SAME AS AJ BANAL, VILORIA) BE LIKE A MONKEY DUDE.

3. LATERAL MOVEMENTS A FOOTWORKS - THE STYLE OF CONCEPCION WILL NOT WORK AGAINST JUANMA,,,HE CAN GET K.O. IN LESS THAN 4 ROUNDS...

OVERALL CONCEPCION IS NOT READY AGAINST JUANMA OTHERWISE HE WILL BE JUST LIKE BOOM BOOM, EARLY TO RETIRE.


agree.



agreed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:19 am
Posts: 6219
Location: 37°14′06″N 115°48′40″W
stamina - yes may problems si abe regarding stamina. but good thing is he's shown he has the ability to recover ika nga "second wind" as he shown in his fight i think against Giovanni Caro. The opponent was leading and if it went to decision his opponent could have won because abe was clearly tired. He showed he has power to still KO an opponent even if he's tired. Karamihan kasi sa mga boxers once mapagod, wala ng sting ang suntok nila. Bale parang tulak o sampal or pure extension of the hands na lang.

footwork - he's shown good footwork in his fight against either of this three.
Giovanni Caro, Adam Carrera, Torrence Daniels.
nakalimutan ko lang sino yung nakalaban niya ng fight na yun eh.

_________________
JOLogZ manood ka na lang ng pinoy extreme channel yun ang tunay na pba
hindi asa sa import.at yung mga import ginugulpi ng pinoy
di tulad ngayon ninakawan mo yung customer mo,nagwala akala nasa sariling bansa nanapak ng pulis at umupo dun sa desk blotter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:46 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 2775
Location: Konohagakure
onizuka_sensei wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
onizuka_sensei wrote:
Concepcion may not be ready but with the power that he got he has a big
chance to pummel Juanma with inside fighting!

Remember what Penalosa did to Juanma? Bodyshots! If only Gerry was maybe
5years younger he could've withered Juanma with bodyshots and movments to
avoid counters.

I think Concepcion, being that young and possesses that K.O. punch, it would be
a matter of sticking to a game plan and committing to Juanma's body!


the problem is, Abe is not good at that either. He could have easily bulldozed the feather fisted Luevano if only he had the guts to take some just to throw some and get inside...



You're right, but for me that's the only way for him to beat Juanma. I think
guts is not the thing that bothers me about Concepcion it's more about
focusing on the game plan
and not show boating that he isn't hurt with the
punches being thrown at him. I've noticed that on many Filipino fighters
that they react quickly on showing they're not hurt rather than giving
counter punch instead. OR maybe giving your opponent a nod that " you
got me there " then return to boxing and not get reckless or do stupid
things.


IMHO, that's the effect of "FEAR"... He loses his wits and relies on the instincts that he developed throughout his career... That's what separates guys like Pac or Nonito from others. They have the conviction (guts) to think in tough situations and move consciously based on a logical plan. Other boxers just can't follow what their coaches are telling them simply because they forget about it when they see fists flying all over... :)

_________________
Being a non-retard Pacfan in Pacland is like being sober among ridiculously drunk people...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:51 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:03 pm
Posts: 338
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:

IMHO, that's the effect of "FEAR"... He loses his wits and relies on the instincts that he developed throughout his career... That's what separates guys like Pac or Nonito from others. They have the conviction (guts) to think in tough situations and move consciously based on a logical plan. Other boxers just can't follow what their coaches are telling them simply because they forget about it when they see fists flying all over... :)


I dont know if a boxer like him have fear in him? I think it's about turning bursts
of emotions into tactics and strength of mind. I mean like in the Luevano fight, he
could've adjusted his distance to connect with his power rights but instead he kept
on punching in the wind. I think he is physically ready but his mind is still not for
Juanma's caliber in terms of experience in the ring and poise :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:06 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:57 pm
Posts: 1023
He needs more disciplined.he has got power,and he relies on it too much,he throws unnecessary punches,wild punching..trying to get that early KO.he needs to jab which he does not do much,body punches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:17 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:28 am
Posts: 3021
Location: Hollywood
duhhh Mr. Obvious!

But nothing's going to happen if he keeps fighting bums

_________________
Can I pet your p*ssy?

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:09 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 2775
Location: Konohagakure
onizuka_sensei wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:

IMHO, that's the effect of "FEAR"... He loses his wits and relies on the instincts that he developed throughout his career... That's what separates guys like Pac or Nonito from others. They have the conviction (guts) to think in tough situations and move consciously based on a logical plan. Other boxers just can't follow what their coaches are telling them simply because they forget about it when they see fists flying all over... :)


I dont know if a boxer like him have fear in him? I think it's about turning bursts
of emotions into tactics and strength of mind. I mean like in the Luevano fight, he
could've adjusted his distance to connect with his power rights but instead he kept
on punching in the wind. I think he is physically ready but his mind is still not for
Juanma's caliber in terms of experience in the ring and poise :D


He probably does.. He's still human after all... :)

_________________
Being a non-retard Pacfan in Pacland is like being sober among ridiculously drunk people...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:29 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:08 am
Posts: 1320
alucard13nth wrote:
zeke_gabriel wrote:
Gil P. Acosta wrote:
I really don't believe 2 or 3 fights or a dozen fights before he fights Juan Ma will matter. Concepcion is not a smart fighter. I will even go to the extent saying he is dumb. When an opponent presses him and corners him, he doesn't know what to do anymore. Yes, he is a big puncher, but he doesn't know how to use it. Remember when he fought the champion, he did not capitalize on his power, instead he kept on waiting. Walang alam si concepcion. Kahit na ilang laban pa, he won't be able to beat Juan Ma. May katangahan si Bernabe.


i agree, his only chance of beating juanma is, if juanma fights the way he fought the AFRICAN guy (whats his name?)
where lopez faded at the 2nd half. was staggered and held on to his dear life :lol:


I Agree with Bro. Gil Acosta " May Katangahan " si Abe, have you watch his last fight with Mario Santiago,
He almost KTFO on the last round , heck even Manny Pacquiao was not impressed .
Point 1: When He hits and staggard a Guy hard he doesnt Follow Up.
Point 2: When he is being hit hard , he doesnt know how to defend
Point 3: I do question hes heart sometimes , tipid sumuntok minsan parang Ilokano!!!
Point 4: He has a habit of punching opponent after Bell, watch some of his fight.
The Point is anong tawag mo sa Boxer na sumusuntok sa kalaban pagkatapos ng Bell,
Ako eto ang tawag ko sa kanya " Dakila ".

Trans: Abe will be Lucky to survive the first round with JuanMa , that is my E*#$&*^ffing bold prediction,
Abe will be brutally KO by JUANMA , kindly repost this thread if Im ever wrong. If Abe wins I will post
a thread admitting na ako ay " Isang Dakilang Tanga !!!! "


Katulad po ng Reply ko sa post about Abe and JuanMa noon , I was not happy that I was proven right and so was the predictions of the rest of our fellow Paclanders. As I have said Abe would be lucky to survived round 1, and he did, but KO on 2nd. Abe will never reach the skill and technical aspect of Donaire or Manny. He can be a champion make no mistake, but thats if he fights a "not so good Champion " not in the level of JuanMa.

_________________
[i]" The reason Im still alive and my only true gift is the ability to analyze and react with mental clarity in truly horribble situation,that plus a lot of luck, yeehahhh!!! Travis Pastrana


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:44 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:41 pm
Posts: 933
Location: Batangas eeeeeeee!!!
astig_119 wrote:
Diego2009 wrote:
JUANMA IS TOO FAST AND TOO STRONG FOR CONCEPCION.

2 OR 3 MORE FIGHTERS BEFORE JUANMA IN MY OPINION.

1. CONCEPCION NEEDS TO WORK IN HIS STAMINA - RUN UPHILL 3 HOURS A DAY. (HE ALMOST COLLAPSE IN HIS LAST FIGHT)

2. EAT LOTS OF BANANAS AT LEAST 12 BANANAS A DAY TO GET LOTS OF POTASSIUM (SAME AS AJ BANAL, VILORIA) BE LIKE A MONKEY DUDE.

3. LATERAL MOVEMENTS A FOOTWORKS - THE STYLE OF CONCEPCION WILL NOT WORK AGAINST JUANMA,,,HE CAN GET K.O. IN LESS THAN 4 ROUNDS...

OVERALL CONCEPCION IS NOT READY AGAINST JUANMA OTHERWISE HE WILL BE JUST LIKE BOOM BOOM, EARLY TO RETIRE.


Agree! regardless of the factors you have mentioned, our Concepcion is not in the level of JuanMa, what are they trying to figure out? that Abe is much better than Gerry? No way, Abe's style is to slow for Lopez. But, I hope there could always be a lucky upset, just pray for it. :? :? :?


See guys! my opinion was 100% right, better be thankful that nothing bad happened to Abe. They should wake up from a bad dream. Mismatches should be avoided in order to prevent accidents like Gorrezs. :( :( :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 2775
Location: Konohagakure
bading wrote:
abe's going to break a lot of hearts. non believers and puerto ricans! haha!


now what mr. believer???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Being a non-retard Pacfan in Pacland is like being sober among ridiculously drunk people...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 2775
Location: Konohagakure
mark kirk termil wrote:
nakay juanma ang pressure...
i gave my support to abe......
go abe pakita mo ang kakayahan ng tunay na pilipino.....


too bad Abe lost... had he won, many people here would have said "YAN ANG GALING NG TUNAY NA PINOY"..

now that he lost, I wonder why I don't see any comments here saying that he lost because he's a Pinoy... :)

_________________
Being a non-retard Pacfan in Pacland is like being sober among ridiculously drunk people...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group