This is not to downgrade our current national hero, Jose Rizal.. but did you ever ponder
the significant differences between Manny Pacquiao and Jose Rizal-- in some aspects of their
individual characters/qualities/ traits/origins, etc.. One may come up for a while in his
thought that Rizal should have been replaced by Manny Pacquiao as the real National Hero!
Think about these facts:
1. Rizal is not totally a Pinoy-blooded individual --- he is a half-Chinese (from his father side), while Pacquaio is
unquestionably has a pure Pinoy-origin in both of his parents;
2. Rizal, even started from his childhood life, lived in a higher social-elite class of family, while Pacquiao originally lived
in a real poverty; Pacquiao is more "maka-Masa" than Jose Rizal due to such social class boundaries;
3. Rizal's family had been adopting the "European costumes" and Spanish lifestyles.. In fact, Rizal had been oriented with foreign lifestyles as he'd been studying abroad.
4. Rizal used to speak "Spanish" than Tagalog ... in contrary to his encouragement to speak the native language.
5. Rizal is seemingly not really a brave one... he's good only in writing.. but less in doing. He's not really a real fighter, he'd been hiding for life until he was caught by the Spanish authorities. A true brave revolutionary warrior is a bold one... not a 'self-conscious' to become a hero.
6. Pacquiao's presence has been more encouraging to his fellowmen, and lifting more fighting spirits than what Rizal did.
The presence of Pacquiao with his fellow Pinoys is more electrifying and inspiring.. than Rizal who seldom
seen in his homeland.
7. The fruits of Rizal's principles and writings cannot clearly be seen. His principles and sayings seem superficial and ineffective to the lives of Pinoys. The impact of Pacquiao on his country is more overwhelming.. and realistic.
8. Pacquiao interacts/ mingles more with his fellow people (especially the 'masa') than Rizal did. Rizal had been very selective with his circle of friends (most were socialites). see the way and style of Rizal's apparel/clothing.
9. Pacquiao is a real brave one. He fights anybody, not hiding (or simply writing)--- and he really gives honor to our country and makes every Filipino so proud than Rizal did.
Now, here's the point to ponder.
Do you think Pacquiao is more deserving to be called a new National Hero
--replacing Jose Rizal?
what do you think?