Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

The Thai fighter was not only good he was excellent. He can take punches. And his punches were stronger and heavier. I thought Banal lost steam after because the Thai was going after his body. No one can prepare you for that. But I think Banal can improve his stamina with serious high altitude training. And I think Banal is no longer a heavy puncher in his new division.
I don't think he was needing better training, blah blah blah. The Thai fighter is a natural puncher in that division. Banal can still win if his stamina improves. High altitude training is the best way to go.

Last edited by junpals1 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 am 
Middleweight

tSuBaKa wrote:
There was only 1 thing that went wrong, accidental headbutt. So unfortunate that it happened early in the fight and the cut was deep enough to cause inconvenience. Maybe Banal could improve his body hitting accuracy next time. I dont think they could change his fighting stance at this stage of his career.

In a fight accidental headbutt is a high probability so it's not an excuse for AJ because it could happen to anyone in the ring. There's no excuse for AJ in losing the grip on the title. It's not his time... but with his age it's never too late to learn and improve.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 am 
Cruiserweight

What went wrong?
Puro Facebook!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 am 
Heavyweight

junpals1 wrote:
The Thai fighter was not only good he was excellent. He can take punches. And his punches were stronger and heavier. I thought Banal lost steam after because the Thai was going after his body. No one can prepare you for that. But I think Banal can improve his stamina with serious high altitude training. And I think Banal is no longer a heavy puncher in his new division.
I don't think he was needing better training, blah blah blah. The Thai fighter is a natural puncher in that division. Banal can still win if his stamina improves. High altitude training is the best way to go.

The thai is very far from it...AJ is just a bum period..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 am 
Middleweight

LitMakuh wrote:
I was there at the MOA arena and saw how the cut bothered AJ. It distracted him that it totally reduced his overall fighting ability, defense and concentration. It was simply the cut, that cost him the title, he was winning until he got hit with those unforeseen punches that came from the blind side.

I thought it was an accidental head clash?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am 
Heavyweight

Simple, the Thai had no respect even for holy boxers like AJ.

And Banal could not withstand the bombs of Pungluang Sor Singyu. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 am 
Welterweight

rematch or have another ALA boxer challenge the Thai.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am 
Heavyweight

even without the accidental head butt, i think the thai would still win.

he simply is the better fighter that night.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm 
Welterweight

The MOA Arena was not full, especially the VIP and ringside seats, so I was close enough to see the action - as well as the four pretty ring card girls just opposite my row. Anyway, at about the seventh or eight round, I notice AJ's punches were not having an impact on the Thai, but I could see Banal feeling the Thai's power everytime he got hit flush on the face. But I figured, that AJ was clearly leading on points. Sor Singyu was stalking Banal all throughout the fight. He could take AJ's punches.

At that point in the eight canto, what the corner should have done was to have AJ box from a distance, use footwork, avoid exchanging too much, not to stand in front, to circle and move after his one-twos, and pivot left or right when in the ropes. I also notice the Thai had a hard time hitting AJ when was at an angle, not immediately in front of him.

The Thai was not fast, did not have good footwork, but had good timing and defense with his crouching style with his face and upperbody effectively covered by his arms and gloves, while the lower abdomen was far out to reach by a jab or straight. But AJ was quicker with his punches and combinations, that is why I believe he was leading on points going into the ninth round.

On the ninth, since AJ was clearly leading Thai was still pressuring him around the ring, was to use his better footwork to avoid the Thai's right hand, keep moving around more, shouldnt be caught in front of the Thai, and coast along to victory.

I believe AJ outworked the Thai, but could not put him down. The Thai was simply too durable and resilient.
Sor Singyu was getting hit with haymakers, but was still moving forward like a bull. But again, to outfight a bull which can only bulldoze forward is to use qucik movements, footwork, pivots and a little shoving and some clinches. AJ does not know how to clinch. If in that fateful ninth he only clinched, he could have survived.

I'm sorry I could be wrong, but I think the corner may have missed noticing that they were leading by the ninth,
AJ's punches were not felt by the Thai while AJ was feeling the effects of the Thai's right, especially, and the latter still stalking AJ around the ring and that somehow AJ may get caught in the later rounds, just like his previous loss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:12 pm 
Middleweight

Banal lacks a killer punch.

Assuming, he should have hit the Thai with multiple punches in rapid succession in order to weaken if not ko the opponent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Good thing ALA's adding new conditioning coach in these fights. This is what the "boxing experts" in Pacland are clamoring for. :lol:

Hope AJ and other Pinoy pugilists can learn something out of this defeat. The TS was correct that having regular jabs could really be a skill that a boxer should posses unless you have that killer punch with you like the younger pacquiao.

But yeah, conditioning coach is still a must in every big money fights like this. Keep it up.

Keep you head up AJ. It's not the end. Devise, Revise, Determination.

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm 
Welterweight

MY OPINION IS: BANAL COULD HAVE WON THE FIGHT HAD THE REFEREE COUNTED AFTER HE WAS THROWN OUT OF THE RING (AFTER THAT DEVASTATING RIGHT STRAIGHT OF SOR SINGYU). HE WOULD HAVE RECOVERED A LITTLE BIT ENABLING HIM TO FINISH THE ROUND. . . . COASTED ALONG IN THE NEXT ROUND OR BACK PEDALED UNTIL HE REGAINED LITTLE MORE STRENGTH AND COMPLETE THE REMAINING ROUNDS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:26 pm 
Lightweight

Banal really lacks the stamina. Relies more in his power, and I think he underestimated his opponent this time.......
Banal can't stand toe to toe against a pressure fighter. Second time he loss to a pressure fighter.

Banal got the power punches, but must train more on conditioning to throw it for 12 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:46 pm 
Heavyweight

ALA fighters are mentally weak. THey are brought up fighting bums who wilt at the slightest pressure. Thats why when ALA fighters meet someone who's actually worth his salt, they dont know what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:48 pm 
Strawweight

na hedbut man hi padi.. sanglit nahilo, tas naigo hin makusog nga suntok..
maupay kon may rematch kay match na match la hira :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next