Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Marquez's fans are saying that whenever a southpaw and an orthodox fights, foot-stepping happens a lot!
They are trying to justify why Juan Manuel Marquez stepped on Manny Pacquiao's foot 17 times
when they fought for the third time last Nov. 12. They also added that even Pacquiao stepped on
Marquez's foot once in the first round!

But then again, how come that foot stepping never happened in Pacquiao vs Marquez I and II...??
And on the third fight, how come Manny Pacquiao stepped on Marquez's foot only once and Marquez did it 17 times?!
Clearly, It shows that Juan Manuel Marquez and Nacho Nacho Baristain have planned, and pre-meditated on that kind of
cheating during the course of Marquez's training!

Yes, we all know that Manny Pacquiao is a southpaw and we always see him fight orthodox boxers most of the time. But nobody among his previous opponents have stepped on his foot 17 times. Even if we combined all the foot stepping that happened in Pacquiao's entire career, still it won't reach 17 times! Therefore, how can these Marquez's fans explain this foot stepping of 17 times that happened only in one fight if it's not a blatant cheating?! Juann Manuel Marquez knows that Pacquiao's foot speed is one of his best assets and he wants to nullify that by doing his dirty tactics of 17 times of blatant cheating!

I have seen that kind of cheating before. Foot stepping aims to immobilize the opponent to catch him off guard.
Marquez knows that one of Pacquiao's best assets is the great foot speed. That's why he want's to nullify Pacquiao's
advantage by cheating through foot stepping! Marquez is not afraid to do all the kinds of dirty tactics just to secure a win over Manny Pacquiao. But I always believe that a cheater like Juan Manuel Marquez will never win against Manny Pacquiao!

Through the entire course of their trilogy, the Nevada state athletic commission has assigned a totally different sets of judges every time they fight. And Juan Manuel Marquez has accused the judges of robbery each time! He does not respect the judges decision and he does not respect his opponent. Juan Manuel Marquez has never gave credit to Manny Pacquaio throughout the entire course of this trilogy!

Ideally, Manny Pacquiao has beaten Juan Manuel Marquez three times already. Judge Burt Clemens admitted after the fight of scoring 10/7 instead of 10/6 in favor of Manny Pacquaio he knocked Marquez down three times in the first round of their first fight! So, ideally, the record book should show Pacquiao 3 wins 0 loss against Marquez!

Officially, Manny Pacquioa has beaten Juan Manuel Marquez two times already against one draw in their trilogy. Whichever you think of it, ideally or officialy, Pacquiao has clearly emerged victorious in the Pacquiao vs Marquez trilogy. Therefore, fourth fight is really unnecessary!

But Juan Manuel Marquez has never accepted his defeat. He never gave credit to Manny Pacquiao for the hard work that Pacquiao has put into in this trilogy. Marquez has been so arrogant that he even went to the Philippines telling the Filipino people that Pacquiao has robbed him of the victory twice...and now thrice! Marquez is very disrespectful and has a very unsportsmanlike conduct!

The arrogance of Juan Manuel Marquez is so obvious in his recent interviews. He has been so vocal about his demand if ever there will be quadrilogy, which is very unnecessary. Marquez wants Pacquiao to accept that he lost the fight, vacate the WBO welterweight world championship belt and declare the fight a no contest. Marquez also demands to be paid no less than 10 million dollars, and that the fight must be held in Mexico! These are so outrageous demands!

Last Nov. 12 fight, Jaun Manuel Marquez deliberately stepped on Manny Pacquiao's foot 17 times, he punched Pacquiao at the kidney area and at the hips area many times, he threw low blows,head butts, and rabbit punches. Marquez is a blatant cheater, he is a sore loser, a cry baby, and a very arrogant and disrespectful!

When Manny Pacquioa lost to Eric Morales, the Filipino people never criticized Morales but instead gave credit to him for being a better boxer than Pacquiao. I personally got sad, but I never got mad at El terrible. Because I know Morales has beaten Pacquiao fair and square. Morales is a gentleman of the sport, respectful, and is a very good sportsman! I would rather see Eric Morales beat Pacquiao 10 times than the cheater Marquez beat Pacquiao once!

I have to admit that the third fight was close,and so were the previous two fights. But the judges have given the victory to Manny Pacquiao for being the aggressor, busier fighter, and plus the fact that he is the champion. Jaun Manuel Marquez back peddaled all night, and never really did anything to threaten the champion to unseat his crown. Whether people agree with the decision or not, we just have to respect the judges decision.

Manny Pacquiao does not deserve the disrespect shown by the Mexican people after the fight. After all, he is not the one who said that he won the fight, it was the judges! All that Manny Pacquiao did was to come in the ring and fight, and to perform for the people. Pacquiao does not deserve the ridicule from the people whom Manny Pacquiao himself wants to give a good show!

The Mexican people has been so disrespectful at Manny Pacquiao. They became so unruly in the MGM grand. They booed Pacquiao during interviews. They threw water bottles, soda cans, coins, crumpled papers, etc. They forgot the fact that Pacquiao is just a fighter, he is not the judge! Now, imagine what would the Mexican people throw at Pacquiao if ever the fight will be held in Mexico and Manny Pacquiao will again emerge victorious in another close fight!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I expect Marquez to be a cry baby again after the fight on Dec. 8...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Marquez used a lot of dirty tactics when Pacquiao fought him last Nov.12, 2011:

1. Hitting Pacquiao below the belt everytime Pacquiao mounted an attact!

2. Stepping Pacquiao's foot more than 17 times!

3. Hitting Pacquiao at the back of the head about 3 times!

I wonder what kind of dirty tactics will Marquez bring this coming Dec. 8...???!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

If Pacquiao will not beat Marquez by KO...I'm very sure Marquez will not accept defeat for the fourth time!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

Marquez's body looks like he is on PEDS....he should be tested in his urine before he steps into the ring on DEC. 8!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:
I expect Marquez to be a cry baby again after the fight on Dec. 8...!!!

I agree, that's why Pacquiao needs to Knock Marquez out... to shut him up once and for all!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:

I wonder what kind of dirty tactics will Marquez bring this coming Dec. 8...???!!!

I have observed that too...I've watched that fight more than 7 times...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:10 pm 
Middleweight

CPK-MB wrote:
Marquez's body looks like he is on PEDS....he should be tested in his urine before he steps into the ring on DEC. 8!

Sounds like Mayweather right there....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm 
Cruiserweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Marquez's fans are saying that whenever a southpaw and an orthodox fights, foot-stepping happens a lot!
They are trying to justify why Juan Manuel Marquez stepped on Manny Pacquiao's foot 17 times
when they fought for the third time last Nov. 12. They also added that even Pacquiao stepped on
Marquez's foot once in the first round!

But then again, how come that foot stepping never happened in Pacquiao vs Marquez I and II...??
And on the third fight, how come Manny Pacquiao stepped on Marquez's foot only once and Marquez did it 17 times?!
Clearly, It shows that Juan Manuel Marquez and Nacho Nacho Baristain have planned, and pre-meditated on that kind of
cheating during the course of Marquez's training!

Yes, we all know that Manny Pacquiao is a southpaw and we always see him fight orthodox boxers most of the time. But nobody among his previous opponents have stepped on his foot 17 times. Even if we combined all the foot stepping that happened in Pacquiao's entire career, still it won't reach 17 times! Therefore, how can these Marquez's fans explain this foot stepping of 17 times that happened only in one fight if it's not a blatant cheating?! Juann Manuel Marquez knows that Pacquiao's foot speed is one of his best assets and he wants to nullify that by doing his dirty tactics of 17 times of blatant cheating!

I have seen that kind of cheating before. Foot stepping aims to immobilize the opponent to catch him off guard.
Marquez knows that one of Pacquiao's best assets is the great foot speed. That's why he want's to nullify Pacquiao's
advantage by cheating through foot stepping! Marquez is not afraid to do all the kinds of dirty tactics just to secure a win over Manny Pacquiao. But I always believe that a cheater like Juan Manuel Marquez will never win against Manny Pacquiao!

Through the entire course of their trilogy, the Nevada state athletic commission has assigned a totally different sets of judges every time they fight. And Juan Manuel Marquez has accused the judges of robbery each time! He does not respect the judges decision and he does not respect his opponent. Juan Manuel Marquez has never gave credit to Manny Pacquaio throughout the entire course of this trilogy!

Ideally, Manny Pacquiao has beaten Juan Manuel Marquez three times already. Judge Burt Clemens admitted after the fight of scoring 10/7 instead of 10/6 in favor of Manny Pacquaio he knocked Marquez down three times in the first round of their first fight! So, ideally, the record book should show Pacquiao 3 wins 0 loss against Marquez!

Officially, Manny Pacquioa has beaten Juan Manuel Marquez two times already against one draw in their trilogy. Whichever you think of it, ideally or officialy, Pacquiao has clearly emerged victorious in the Pacquiao vs Marquez trilogy. Therefore, fourth fight is really unnecessary!

But Juan Manuel Marquez has never accepted his defeat. He never gave credit to Manny Pacquiao for the hard work that Pacquiao has put into in this trilogy. Marquez has been so arrogant that he even went to the Philippines telling the Filipino people that Pacquiao has robbed him of the victory twice...and now thrice! Marquez is very disrespectful and has a very unsportsmanlike conduct!

The arrogance of Juan Manuel Marquez is so obvious in his recent interviews. He has been so vocal about his demand if ever there will be quadrilogy, which is very unnecessary. Marquez wants Pacquiao to accept that he lost the fight, vacate the WBO welterweight world championship belt and declare the fight a no contest. Marquez also demands to be paid no less than 10 million dollars, and that the fight must be held in Mexico! These are so outrageous demands!

Last Nov. 12 fight, Jaun Manuel Marquez deliberately stepped on Manny Pacquiao's foot 17 times, he punched Pacquiao at the kidney area and at the hips area many times, he threw low blows,head butts, and rabbit punches. Marquez is a blatant cheater, he is a sore loser, a cry baby, and a very arrogant and disrespectful!

When Manny Pacquioa lost to Eric Morales, the Filipino people never criticized Morales but instead gave credit to him for being a better boxer than Pacquiao. I personally got sad, but I never got mad at El terrible. Because I know Morales has beaten Pacquiao fair and square. Morales is a gentleman of the sport, respectful, and is a very good sportsman! I would rather see Eric Morales beat Pacquiao 10 times than the cheater Marquez beat Pacquiao once!

I have to admit that the third fight was close,and so were the previous two fights. But the judges have given the victory to Manny Pacquiao for being the aggressor, busier fighter, and plus the fact that he is the champion. Jaun Manuel Marquez back peddaled all night, and never really did anything to threaten the champion to unseat his crown. Whether people agree with the decision or not, we just have to respect the judges decision.

Manny Pacquiao does not deserve the disrespect shown by the Mexican people after the fight. After all, he is not the one who said that he won the fight, it was the judges! All that Manny Pacquiao did was to come in the ring and fight, and to perform for the people. Pacquiao does not deserve the ridicule from the people whom Manny Pacquiao himself wants to give a good show!

The Mexican people has been so disrespectful at Manny Pacquiao. They became so unruly in the MGM grand. They booed Pacquiao during interviews. They threw water bottles, soda cans, coins, crumpled papers, etc. They forgot the fact that Pacquiao is just a fighter, he is not the judge! Now, imagine what would the Mexican people throw at Pacquiao if ever the fight will be held in Mexico and Manny Pacquiao will again emerge victorious in another close fight!

Very good point bro...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

bringpacmantobigd wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:

Mayweather wants blood testing...I just want urine testing....

although both may yield the same result!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

bringpacmantobigd wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:

Mayweather wants blood testing on the day of the fight and the purpose was to weakend the smaller Pacquiao...

Urine testing will not weakend Marquez at all...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 pm 
Middleweight

CPK-MB wrote:
bringpacmantobigd wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:

Mayweather wants blood testing on the day of the fight and the purpose was to weakend the smaller Pacquiao...

Urine testing will not weakend Marquez at all...!!!

That's the reasoning that made pactards the butt of jokes in many forums...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:

unfortunately that's not illegal in boxing... but defiantly that's deliberate on the part of jmm.. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm 
Strawweight

I agree to what the TS have said. Juan Manuel Marquez is a typical mexican and most of them are cheater. He even mentioned in 24/7 that he will do whatever it takes to defeat Manny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

[quote="CPK-MB"]If Pacquiao will not beat Marquez by KO...I'm very sure Marquez will not accept defeat for the fourth time![/quote]

Marquez cannot believe himself that even with all his dirty tactics, he still cannot beat Pacquiao!