Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

Well, Ariza is only there for stretching Pacman now :)

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/art ... th-coaches

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 am 
Heavyweight

I think this might be Ariza's last fight with Pac.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

I'm for it. But we know how Manny is. He is loyal and stand by his people. So slim chance of it happening.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
brookash wrote:
kikes2200 wrote:
Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza made it clear that Manny Pacquiao isn't doing in training camp what he thinks he should be doing to give himself the best chance to beat Juan Manuel Marquez on Dec. 8, in a video interview on The Boxing Channel.

http://www.boxingchannel.tv/alex-ariza- ... or-marquez

Let see what will happen on Dec. 8 - I thought Pacquiao is doing all those isometric and plyometrics training???

The goal is to regain the speed, some of the exercise regimens from the last 3 fights might be the cause of leg cramps. Pacman's punching power is good enough to hurt jmm. They train for speed and endurance. Manny will be aggressive from beginning.

On the contrary, Manny has failed to do plyometrics by his own admission after the third Marquez bout. In that fight against Marqarito, Pacquiao failed to put on added bulk to better absorb Margarito's punches. True, it compromised his speed in the initial stages of training but that was because Pacquiao didn't have enough time to get used to the added weight.
His best form to date was probably the Cotto fight where there were no shortcuts in training.

I have to agree with this. I always thought Pac's decline was mainly due to body conditioning. Lack of discipline as a result of distractions from politics, bible studies and showbizz. Ariza's pronouncement about Manny's state of BC is alarming, if it's true. I only hope Manny KD/KOs Marquez before the leg cramps and 'late in the round rallies' due to less than 100% BC occur. :(

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

It won't matter to Ariza if Pac loses to Marquez or retires after 2 more fights. :(

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DaBoxer wrote:
I don't understand why Pac doesn't just fire Ariza. Ariza's been very vocal about his displeasure with Team Pacquiao and yet he still utilizes his service. I would not keep someone like Ariza who talks bad about me in front of my enemies. Just fire the guy Pac!

Any strength and conditioning coach whose advice is not followed may voice his displeasure especially on his way out from the team. Ariza was instrumental in Manny's capturing 8 world titles since his win over David Diaz, and deserves some respect from Manny even when he's about to move on from Manny's Camp to Garcia's Team. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ryan_c wrote:
I don't know why people here criticize Ariza for telling Pacquiao is not doing the strength and conditioning. If we can remember in the Oscar fight, sabi ni Pacquioa mahirap at masakit ung conditioning training ni Ariza. Pero kita ninyo naman naging performance ni Pacquiao sa laban kay Oscar, Cotto at Hatton very impressive. Mula ng tinigil ni Pacquiao ung gusto pagawa sa kanya ni Ariza bumaba performance niya. Wala na iyung tiyaga kay Pacquaio sa training.

A few years ago, may heated argument si Ariza at Pacquiao in regard to training. So hindi gumagawa ng noise at attention si Ariza, hindi din naghuhugas kamay si Ariza, they guy is just telling that Pacquiao is not doing the things he like Pacquiao to do..

+100%... :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:
Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Chavez (Sr.), Robinson...

Did they have a strength and conditioning coach lurking?

They didn't need strength and conditioning coaches in those times when they fought so often (at least 4 times per year) and weigh-ins were made on the day of the fight. Their bodies were always conditioned for the next fight in their particular weight division. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Why hire Ariza when you have a history of not getting along with this guy?

Why hire Ariza if you have no intentions of following his methods?

Why hire Ariza if there are other strength and conditioning coach out there?

SMH!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ariza made Manny a muscular munster but Roach made Pacquiao a skilled boxer. Ariza gave Pacquiao those crampy legs too IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:38 pm 
Heavyweight

coolka wrote:
Ariza made Manny a muscular munster but Roach made Pacquiao a skilled boxer. Ariza gave Pacquiao those crampy legs too IMHO.

Bingo !....too much focus on the development on Manny's strength and his muscles than his pure skills on the ring.....leg cramps equals achilies heel for Pac.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm 
Middleweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
onelenz wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
...we'll wait and see. If Pac wins convincingly then strength and conditioning is bullsh1t. If he lose convincingly, then praying is bullsh1t. :D

old school boxers did not have strength and conditioning trainers..correct me if im wrong coz i havent heard Armstrong, Louis, Ali, Duran and Leonard and other great boxers from the past having one...

S & C trainers came during the PEDs era.

Some S&C trainers became famous because they showed good results.

yeah I know 2 of them beside Ariza: Conte and Heredia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
coolka wrote:

Bingo !....too much focus on the development on Manny's strength and his muscles than his pure skills on the ring.....leg cramps equals achilies heel for Pac.

I thought it was Manny playing too much basketball that was responsible for the leg cramps. Freddie Roach, in many occasions asked Manny stop it during training camp. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:
coolka wrote:

I thought it was Manny playing too much basketball that was responsible for the leg cramps. Freddie Roach, in many occasions asked Manny stop it during training camp. :D

playing basketball doesn't cause ur legs to cramp up.....trust me I hardly get 'em when I use to play.....it's actually good for your cardio and coordination......Pac didn't get leg cramps when he fought Cotto, ODLH, Marquez I & II before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
andycastro wrote:
coolka wrote:

JCOOL2329 wrote:

playing basketball doesn't cause ur legs to cramp up.....trust me I hardly get 'em when I use to play.....it's actually good for your cardio and coordination......Pac didn't get leg cramps when he fought Cotto, ODLH, Marquez I & II before.

I also played basketball like crazy before but I didn't box at the same time. :lol:
And that's about the time (after Cotto & before Marga) that Ariza started saying Manny should fight Marga at 150 fight night but Manny & Buboy couldn't do it in the Baguio leg of the training Camp. Freddie Roach had no option but to make the adjustment and rely on Speed to counter Marga's size who openly trained for at leas 165 lbs comes fight night. Everybody knows Manny almost paid dearly with that body shot by Marga in the 4th (or 5th? round). :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next