Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: It Doesn't Matter!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm 
Middleweight

So, I believe that at this point, even if Pacquiao vs Mayweather happens sometime middle to late 2013 we'll still have no idea who the better fighter was at their prime. As of this post it's been almost 3 and a half years since Manny was knocking out Cotto and the world began demanding this fight. Whether or not I think Manny and Floyd are still the 2 best pound for pound in the world right now (I'm not sure...) I KNOW that as good as he looked beating up Bradley, Manny that night would get put to sleep EASILY by the Manny that was in the ring with Cotto back in 2009. I also know that the Floyd that got pushed all the way to the limit by Cotto would get EMBARASSED by the Floyd that was making JMM look silly in the same year.

In a way it's just as well the fight never happen at this point because if it does, it's like having the Superbowl the following season after several months have passed and a bunch of key players have been traded. By Nov of 2013 4 years will have passed since those dates, Manny will be almost 35 and Floyd will be a couple months from 37. If the fight happens then and God forbid Mayweather wins, will you be convinced he's been the better fighter all these years and that he would have won back in 09? If Pacquiao wins do you thin ANY Mayweather fans will be convinced Manny has always been better?

Na panis na ang pagkain. Hindi na natin malalaman kung masarap nong unang linuto.

Trans: The food has spoiled, and now we'll never know how good it was when it was first cooked.

Post subject: Re: It Doesn't Matter!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm 
Heavyweight

manny were always be the better man... he was the fighter of the decade.. manny doesn't need mayweather, nuff said... in my opinion fraud is just an additional to manny's resume.... :biglaugh: manny has achieved immortality, while fraud will be long be forgotten.. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am 
Welterweight

Austin348 wrote:
So, I believe that at this point, even if Pacquiao vs Mayweather happens sometime middle to late 2013 we'll still have no idea who the better fighter was at their prime. As of this post it's been almost 3 and a half years since Manny was knocking out Cotto and the world began demanding this fight. Whether or not I think Manny and Floyd are still the 2 best pound for pound in the world right now (I'm not sure...) I KNOW that as good as he looked beating up Bradley, Manny that night would get put to sleep EASILY by the Manny that was in the ring with Cotto back in 2009. I also know that the Floyd that got pushed all the way to the limit by Cotto would get EMBARASSED by the Floyd that was making JMM look silly in the same year.

In a way it's just as well the fight never happen at this point because if it does, it's like having the Superbowl the following season after several months have passed and a bunch of key players have been traded. By Nov of 2013 4 years will have passed since those dates, Manny will be almost 35 and Floyd will be a couple months from 37. If the fight happens then and God forbid Mayweather wins, will you be convinced he's been the better fighter all these years and that he would have won back in 09? If Pacquiao wins do you thin ANY Mayweather fans will be convinced Manny has always been better?

Na panis na ang pagkain. Hindi na natin malalaman kung masarap nong unang linuto.

Trans: The food has spoiled, and now we'll never know how good it was when it was first cooked.

still, it does matter.
they are still considered as the top pound 4 pound fighter.
we seldom see, top 2 pound 4 pound fighter with same weight.
so, if ever the fight will take place soon.
Marami pa rin ang interesado at manunuod, kung mangyayari nga. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 am 
Heavyweight

__supremo__ wrote:
Austin348 wrote:

still, it does matter.
they are still considered as the top pound 4 pound fighter.
we seldom see, top 2 pound 4 pound fighter with same weight.
so, if ever the fight will take place soon.
Marami pa rin ang interesado at manunuod, kung mangyayari nga. :D

so true.. manny need to perform better this time, to raise the interest again... I hope fraud would grows some balls... :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 am 
Middleweight

You guys think too much. The fight is fast approaching, we will indeed find out on Sunday morning. I have this great feeling that Manny will K.O Marquez, if not, Marquez will be knocked down at least 3 times. Manny will win either by U.D or T.K.O. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 am 
Middleweight

If... They ever fight, then yes it matters, because, both would still bring their experiences and skills in the ring. On the other hand, if they never fight in this lifetime, then Pac still comes out to be the better fighter. Simply because Floyd ducked too many fighters all those years. And I think if you really followed Mayweather's career from the beginning, then you would have no doubt that Manny is by far greater considering he was more busier, while Floyd was always taking his constant sabbaticals.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 am 
Middleweight

karaso wrote:
You guys think too much. The fight is fast approaching, we will indeed find out on Sunday morning. I have this great feeling that Manny will K.O Marquez, if not, Marquez will be knocked down at least 3 times. Manny will win either by U.D or T.K.O. :)

Pare, it's hard to think because your avatar is distracting. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:07 am 
Middleweight

Ok, it would matter if they fought BUT would you all agree that regardless of who wins we'll never know for sure who was better anymore?

(BTW pareng inbituin is right... who IS that in your avatar?)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Austin348 wrote:
Ok, it would matter if they fought BUT would you all agree that regardless of who wins we'll never know for sure who was better anymore?

(BTW pareng inbituin is right... who IS that in your avatar?)

well... critics, fans, boxing analyst would just simply look on their resume... achievements, performance and the quality of their oppositions.. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:57 pm 
Middleweight

I really would want to see the fight. If Manny is old, soft and even loses to the black man, I still want to see it. It's the Super Bowl of Super Bowl baby.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It matters to Floyd not to Manny. Manny has broken records and achieved something that no one else has done in history. If this fight won't happen, Floyd's so called legacy will be synonymous to his unbeaten pay-per-view sales and unbeaten record, nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 pm 
Heavyweight

i still believe that this fight wont happen... eva.. 8)

regarding of who is the better fighter? pac all the way.. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
Featherweight

SPEED KINGS! 8)