Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm 
Lightweight

As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
Middleweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

Thank you for the memories? Parang namatay na si Manny ha! hehehe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

Epic! More fun in Pacland!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Wait until Manny retires... :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Middleweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

:cry: pengeng tissue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Don't worry guys, you can still follow him in his new found faith. I really think he want's to be a pastor because he spends sleepless nights to studying the bible and starting on the Bradley fight, you would see him preaching in small groups but beware because seeing him this time will not come in handy, you have to donate 10% of your salary each month 8)

Thank you Manny for the memories in boxing. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Well, if we really look at it, he really "died." That's why he is born again... :P

Thanks for the laugh, TS... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 pm 
Lightweight

we will return the favor to marquez. manny will knock this mexican out on cinco de mayo 2014 :D and close the chapter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

That's a very touching and deeply moving eulogy. I was just half-way through it and I already started crying. Nice work, man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

So kailan po ang libing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm 
Heavyweight

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

..............BUYSET!!!... Respect naman mga bro.... if you don't like the message,then STFU... do you have to make fun out of everyones thread?... if you want respect from other members,YOU HAVE TO EARN it as well..

pinuri ang thread sabay kailan daw ang LIBING??.. dying is not an event to laugh about birdbrain.. and at the expense of our Pambansang kamao pa ha?.... people on this site sometimes really pisses me off... NO WONDER many of us turned into lurkers than posters.... :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm 
Middleweight

Pacquiao changed the landscape of boxing for all Filipinos. I have never seen a fighter like Manny who always pray for his opponent not to get hurt. He doesn't brag about his titles and fight purse. He always made sure that the people who watched his fights are happy. Unlike Ali, Tyson, Jones Jr., Leonard, Duran, Hearns and Hagler who always praised themselves. Manny has never done that. He always acknowledged the higher power and being above. He is the most unique fighter of all-time. He may retire very soon, stop bashing the man who carried us for almost a decade.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Good post bro.TS.It is really touching to refresh Manny's memories.
But believe me,he'll come back against Marquez in the planned 5th fight,
And yours & your son's memories of him will end in a happy note,
Manny will show again why he's the greatest fighter of this decade. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

Pahiram ako ng Panyo.. :( :( :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next