Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 52
Manny Pacquiao's boxing career is over. After that brutal knockout he can never rise again. Being a part time boxer and not taking it seriously will cost you a lot especially with this kind of dangerous sport. Pac is too old to make a comeback. Pacmans declining moment is very obvious. Lets just appreciate what he had done in boxing. He made us known in every part of the world. Thats it for him. Donaire is the present. Let us all support the flash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 7158
Location: Here There & Everywhere
There's still money to make. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 429
Oh! I'll fix you up allright! Pacquiao career is not over, loosing is part of being great. Manny just entered the elite club of the greats, Because as history showed us that Ali, Hearns, Duran
and even Tszyu got defeated decisively and yet still bounced back. As Maximus said, "That is not it and what ever you do in life echoes in eternity"
You just wait until Manny rise again. The last chapter has now begun.

Although I do agree with you of Manny not having complete focus and total devotion to the sports,
but like I said in the past Manny beats Manny. He got defeated because as you stated, he was not a full time boxer anymore and what more if he is again.
The KO was perhaps a remider again to fully get back into perspective.

We are in the advance stages of life. A lot of combat sports are now in aid of science. Manny is only 33 and he got beat by a 39 years old. What does that tell you?
The new 40's are now the new 30's and the new 30's are now the new 20's. :D

I have always supported my fellow kababayan whatever path they have chosen. At
Pare! mawalang galang na sayo pero hindi ito isang basahan na basta na lang papalitan kasi luma na.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 2882
FixMe wrote:
Manny Pacquiao's boxing career is over. After that brutal knockout he can never rise again. Being a part time boxer and not taking it seriously will cost you a lot especially with this kind of dangerous sport. Pac is too old to make a comeback. Pacmans declining moment is very obvious. Lets just appreciate what he had done in boxing. He made us known in every part of the world. Thats it for him. Donaire is the present. Let us all support the flash.




F U C K ME!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 1:50 pm
Posts: 7095
Location: Puting bato
reynerose wrote:
FixMe wrote:
Manny Pacquiao's boxing career is over. After that brutal knockout he can never rise again. Being a part time boxer and not taking it seriously will cost you a lot especially with this kind of dangerous sport. Pac is too old to make a comeback. Pacmans declining moment is very obvious. Lets just appreciate what he had done in boxing. He made us known in every part of the world. Thats it for him. Donaire is the present. Let us all support the flash.




F U C K ME!


Forum Rules

4. POSTS -No vulgar, obscene, bad words, pornographic, inappropriate words, images or links allowed. Posting of gross, nude or semi-nude pictures or its links are strictly prohibited. Posting senseless/pointless posts and spamming are not allowed. Posting of any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, harassing, obscene, profane, offensive, foul language, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, copyrighted or otherwise in violation of ANY law are strictly prohibited and legal actions can be taken against the violator. Do not discriminate any race, gender, religion, politics, etc. Do not use the forum to discuss illegal activities.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 1950
Location: Andromeda Galaxy
Pacquiao loses because he changed his faith. take note that he achieved his fame and fortune when he was still a devout catholic and still wearing his rosary. His downfall started when he turned his back to his old religion and barely beat Marquez in their 3rd encounter, followed by his setback with Bradley. Finally, his devastating loss yesterday. If you notice, Pacquiao doesnt wear his rosary anymore and was not making his usual sign of the cross before the bell rang in each round. It's the power of rosary that help pacquiao achieved his lofty status but when he abandoned it, his power also diminished. I believed that Pacquiao should return to the fold of Roman Catholic to regain his winning tradition. :mrgreen:

_________________
LMAO, MPAO,SPAO,SIOPAO ...

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:05 pm
Posts: 808
pacquiao's career in boxing is over perhaps true perhaps not, its up to him to decide. here is the reality despite the defeat pacquiao is still very bankable boxer, a rematch with marquez would be more in the demand now and will give the promoters, both manny and marquez more money, pacquiao has too many distraction, all of his distractions cost him a lot of money, he needs money and boxing is the only way to provide him money with his new found vices/addiction. my take is he will continue boxing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 15802
Location: in your dreams
DIMO wrote:
Oh! I'll fix you up allright! Pacquiao career is not over, loosing is part of being great. Manny just entered the elite club of the greats, Because as history showed us that Ali, Hearns, Duran
and even Tszyu got defeated decisively and yet still bounced back. As Maximus said, "That is not it and what ever you do in life echoes in eternity"
You just wait until Manny rise again. The last chapter has now begun.

Although I do agree with you of Manny not having complete focus and total devotion to the sports,
but like I said in the past Manny beats Manny. He got defeated because as you stated, he was not a full time boxer anymore and what more if he is again.
The KO was perhaps a remider again to fully get back into perspective.

We are in the advance stages of life. A lot of combat sports are now in aid of science. Manny is only 33 and he got beat by a 39 years old. What does that tell you?
The new 40's are now the new 30's and the new 30's are now the new 20's. :D

I have always supported my fellow kababayan whatever path they have chosen. At
Pare! mawalang galang na sayo pero hindi ito isang basahan na basta na lang papalitan kasi luma na.


bro, that 39 year old is a dedicated and focused hungry warrior.
Boxing has become Congressman Pacquiao's OTHER job.
lt doesn't matter if he's 23 or 33.
lf he can't get his focus back, he's only putting his health at risk.
Better walk away for good.

_________________
Outwork your talent.
-Kevin McHale


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 1:50 pm
Posts: 7095
Location: Puting bato
chiktoferken wrote:
Pacquiao loses because he changed his faith. take note that he achieved his fame and fortune when he was still a devout catholic and still wearing his rosary. His downfall started when he turned his back to his old religion and barely beat Marquez in their 3rd encounter, followed by his setback with Bradley. Finally, his devastating loss yesterday. If you notice, Pacquiao doesnt wear his rosary anymore and was not making his usual sign of the cross before the bell rang in each round. It's the power of rosary that help pacquiao achieved his lofty status but when he abandoned it, his power also diminished. I believed that Pacquiao should return to the fold of Roman Catholic to regain his winning tradition. :mrgreen:


Another one of those religion conspiracy post. Arce was also wearing a rosary and he got KO'd!

No more post or threads with topics like this or i will automatically delete them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 429
kajo wrote:
DIMO wrote:
Oh! I'll fix you up allright! Pacquiao career is not over, loosing is part of being great. Manny just entered the elite club of the greats, Because as history showed us that Ali, Hearns, Duran
and even Tszyu got defeated decisively and yet still bounced back. As Maximus said, "That is not it and what ever you do in life echoes in eternity"
You just wait until Manny rise again. The last chapter has now begun.

Although I do agree with you of Manny not having complete focus and total devotion to the sports,
but like I said in the past Manny beats Manny. He got defeated because as you stated, he was not a full time boxer anymore and what more if he is again.
The KO was perhaps a remider again to fully get back into perspective.

We are in the advance stages of life. A lot of combat sports are now in aid of science. Manny is only 33 and he got beat by a 39 years old. What does that tell you?
The new 40's are now the new 30's and the new 30's are now the new 20's. :D

I have always supported my fellow kababayan whatever path they have chosen. At
Pare! mawalang galang na sayo pero hindi ito isang basahan na basta na lang papalitan kasi luma na.


bro, that 39 year old is a dedicated and focused hungry warrior.
Boxing has become Congressman Pacquiao's OTHER job.
lt doesn't matter if he's 23 or 33.
lf he can't get his focus back, he's only putting his health at risk.
Better walk away for good.


I fully agree on you and heres hoping that he gets his focus and dedication back.
As for now I give him the benefit of the doubt.
He tasted the canvass so does he want to repeat it again? Sa tingin ko hindi na, this KO happened earlier in his career too
But he was able to pull himself back up. And I trully believe na there is more to it than that. If not then guilty as charged.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 2882
putiman wrote:
reynerose wrote:
FixMe wrote:
Manny Pacquiao's boxing career is over. After that brutal knockout he can never rise again. Being a part time boxer and not taking it seriously will cost you a lot especially with this kind of dangerous sport. Pac is too old to make a comeback. Pacmans declining moment is very obvious. Lets just appreciate what he had done in boxing. He made us known in every part of the world. Thats it for him. Donaire is the present. Let us all support the flash.




F U C K ME!


Forum Rules

4. POSTS -No vulgar, obscene, bad words, pornographic, inappropriate words, images or links allowed. Posting of gross, nude or semi-nude pictures or its links are strictly prohibited. Posting senseless/pointless posts and spamming are not allowed. Posting of any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, harassing, obscene, profane, offensive, foul language, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, copyrighted or otherwise in violation of ANY law are strictly prohibited and legal actions can be taken against the violator. Do not discriminate any race, gender, religion, politics, etc. Do not use the forum to discuss illegal activities.


sorry mod, i get carried away lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:46 pm
Posts: 576
Location: center of the ring
Pacman just got caught slipping. Too early to say that he's finished. His next fight will reveal more.

_________________
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:46 pm
Posts: 576
Location: center of the ring
Pacman just got caught slipping. Too early to say that he's finished. His next fight will reveal more.

_________________
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:46 pm
Posts: 576
Location: center of the ring
Pacman just got caught slipping. Too early to say that he's finished. His next fight will reveal more.

_________________
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 2819
Location: The Beautiful British Columbia
You guys must remember PAC was leading the fight until the big one.


Therefore Pac still has it ok???



and look at JMM's face even under Roids???lol

_________________

"The universe is but one vast Symbol of God."
-Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group