Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Mayweather: I feel bad for Manny... $100m superfight must wait until September now....

By Martin Domin
PUBLISHED: 10:36 EST, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 13:38 EST, 13 December 2012

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has not ruled out facing Manny Pacquiao in boxing's first $100million superfight - but only after the battered Filipino has at least one warm-up bout.

Pacquiao was knocked out cold by the brutal right hand of Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas last Saturday, a result which looked to end hopes of the 33-year-old facing Mayweather.

But the five-weight world champion insists he remains interested in fighting his pound-for-pound rival, if terms can be agreed.

'Pacquiao's focus should on be on trying to take a vacation, get his mind right, and get a few tune-up fights so he can bounce back,' Mayweather told Fight Hype.

'I feel bad for him. There's a difference in the ways you can get knocked out. See, when a guy gets knocked out and he can get up, they sit him on his stool, rub his back and he goes home to ice himself.

'But when you gotta wake a guy up with smelling salts and got a concussion and he gotta go to hospital overnight, that's crucial. I mean, that's close to death.

'When I offered Manny Pacquiao $40m, I told him I would wire him $20m up front, just agree to the guaranteed $40m.

'He told me [he wanted] 50/50 and then hopped off the phone.'

Mayweather will return to action on May 4 at the MGM Grand, his first bout since serving two months of an 87-day prison sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

He also revealed he is considering hiring his father, Floyd Snr, as his trainer after his uncle Roger took ill.

The pair have a fractured relationship and Floyd Jnr ejected his dad from his gym last year before his fight with Victor Ortiz.

'We don't really know what the future holds for Floyd Mayweather as far as who's gonna be the trainer, but I'm leaning towards my father at this particular time,' he added.

'My dad has to realise that I'm an adult. I just want my dad to accept and respect me as an adult. I think my dad still looks at me as his 10-year-old son.'

Mayweather will also fight on September 14 and while no opponents have been announced for either date, names in the frame include Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.

The 35-year-old, who remains undefeated after 43 fights, and holds the WBC welterweight and WBA (Super) light-middleweight world titles, concluded: 'I don't know who my team has scouted but whoever it is, it's going to be an exciting show.

'I can't wait. I'm looking to go out there and perform and look well for my fans.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing ... ember.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fraud is full of it.......I don't care how he tries to be nice to Pac ......He's showed his true color already in the past.......Why does he care to even bring up Pac's name if he's not serious about facing him in the ring......only now that since Pac lost twice in a row......will he try to make this fight happen after all this time......like who cares now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Sure.
What an id i ot .
If he really wanted to fight Pac, then he should have paid JMM $6M step-aside money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Sure.
What an id i ot .
If he really wanted to fight Pac, then he should have paid JMM $6M step-aside money.

He needs more leverage......of course anything for him to gain an upper-hand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Sure.
What an id i ot .

He needs more leverage......of course anything for him to gain an upper-hand.

A leverage to a much reduced fight ?
70% of $60M is a lot less than 50% of $120M.
The dude just did not want to fight Pac, period.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
Middleweight

Maybe this time he really wants to fight Manny, maybe he is not scared anymore after Manny being KO'd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 pm 
Lightweight

oragonboy wrote:
Maybe this time he really wants to fight Manny, maybe he is not scared anymore after Manny being KO'd.

Yeah, he is now more scared of Marquez than Manny...
because of this 'self-confessed PED supplier' Memo in his team... lolz... the way this 39 year old became a hulk all of a sudden... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 pm 
Welterweight

Thinking about it. The pressure is on Floyd this time.
Imagine getting beat by a not so prime Pacquiao. The loss will be so great that he won't even be able to recover from it.
The questions will be answered, that he was running away from Pac ever since. As for Pacquiao he will be vindicated again..

Then the start of trinity begins a new.
Pacquiao > Mayweather
Mayweather > Marquez
Marquez = Pacquiao :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:48 pm 
Middleweight

Now that Manny's been tenderized, Honey May drops hints to fight Manny. Anyone surprised?

Rest up Manny, good things are coming in 2013!

GO MANNY!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

its close to death...
Hang d gloves

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm 
Lightweight

Manny will not be the same after the brutal KO..That is what floyd has been waiting for so long to fight Manny..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm 
Middleweight

Pacquiao showed his previous test results, so please show us your test results that USADA-Golden Boy were trying to hide. I hate this freaking t u rd. It's no longer fight of the champion vs. cahmpion, it's over. Fight Martinez you w a n k e r.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 pm 
Heavyweight

How come the Mayweathers never question JMM's rapid strength & muscle growth.....and specially his involvement with a known PED/steroid dealer??? Maybe they're as guilty as they (heredia,JMM) are.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

THIS IS A WILD DREAM. IMPOSSIBLE DREAM.

If so, its gonna be a very big robbery of peoples money again. Uncle Bob is very much annoyed with Floydy. Its a plan Uncle Bob did not expect because there is still JMM VS. PACMAN part 5 then 6(more robbery money robbery) and then comes Floydy trying to mixed the story of the show. OMG! uncle Bob is now getting paranoid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

How come there are still people who brought the issue of this drug testing Nevada, etc.??? as we all know this is a Las Vegas testing/depending on what they want to release upon the boss's instruction. Well, lets cut this story off pls..BECAUSE WE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOWIF WHAT THEY TELL AND SHOW US ARE TRUE...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 am 
Heavyweight

pacquiao once said, "knock me out and you win".

floyd needs a heredia to knock pacquiao out, cos if

he can't KO pacquiao, he'll be in trouble.

i think floyd will continue to duck pacquiao.