Mayweather: I feel bad for Manny... $100m superfight must wait until September now....
By Martin Domin
PUBLISHED: 10:36 EST, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 13:38 EST, 13 December 2012
Floyd Mayweather Jnr has not ruled out facing Manny Pacquiao in boxing's first $100million superfight - but only after the battered Filipino has at least one warm-up bout.
Pacquiao was knocked out cold by the brutal right hand of Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas last Saturday, a result which looked to end hopes of the 33-year-old facing Mayweather.
But the five-weight world champion insists he remains interested in fighting his pound-for-pound rival, if terms can be agreed.
'Pacquiao's focus should on be on trying to take a vacation, get his mind right, and get a few tune-up fights so he can bounce back,' Mayweather told Fight Hype.
'I feel bad for him. There's a difference in the ways you can get knocked out. See, when a guy gets knocked out and he can get up, they sit him on his stool, rub his back and he goes home to ice himself.
'But when you gotta wake a guy up with smelling salts and got a concussion and he gotta go to hospital overnight, that's crucial. I mean, that's close to death.
'When I offered Manny Pacquiao $40m, I told him I would wire him $20m up front, just agree to the guaranteed $40m.
'He told me [he wanted] 50/50 and then hopped off the phone.'
Mayweather will return to action on May 4 at the MGM Grand, his first bout since serving two months of an 87-day prison sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.
He also revealed he is considering hiring his father, Floyd Snr, as his trainer after his uncle Roger took ill.
The pair have a fractured relationship and Floyd Jnr ejected his dad from his gym last year before his fight with Victor Ortiz.
'We don't really know what the future holds for Floyd Mayweather as far as who's gonna be the trainer, but I'm leaning towards my father at this particular time,' he added.
'My dad has to realise that I'm an adult. I just want my dad to accept and respect me as an adult. I think my dad still looks at me as his 10-year-old son.'
Mayweather will also fight on September 14 and while no opponents have been announced for either date, names in the frame include Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.
The 35-year-old, who remains undefeated after 43 fights, and holds the WBC welterweight and WBA (Super) light-middleweight world titles, concluded: 'I don't know who my team has scouted but whoever it is, it's going to be an exciting show.
'I can't wait. I'm looking to go out there and perform and look well for my fans.'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing ... ember.html
Fraud is full of it.......I don't care how he tries to be nice to Pac ......He's showed his true color already in the past.......Why does he care to even bring up Pac's name if he's not serious about facing him in the ring......only now that since Pac lost twice in a row......will he try to make this fight happen after all this time......like who cares now.