Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 am 
Heavyweight

He said he is ready “to take as many fights as I can during the year and if I can do five, I will do five. I feel strong each time I get into the ring and each moment that I’m in the gym I just keep learning and learning and I like to fight.”

http://philboxing.com/news/story-78864.html

Donaire loves to fight, no doubt. But taking four fights (now five) in one year is just too much for his body. He needs to recuperate between fights, and his hand is a constant concern. He needs to be completely healed before he even starts training for a fight. "Rest days are critical to sports performance for a variety of reasons. Some are physiological and some are psychological. Rest is physically necessary so that the muscles can repair, rebuild and strengthen" (http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/samp ... covery.htm).

I believe it is best if he fights twice a year, so he has lots of time to rest and recover from boxing-related injuries. He no longer needs to fight that often because he is now the top dog, and fights come to him. He doesn't need to call out anybody anymore.

"So, Nonito, we love to see you fight, but come on, please allow your body to recuperate properly."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

He needs it for his wife. Two fights a year won't be enough Rachel uncless if Donaire makes as much as Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

he needs to fight as many fights as possible during his physical prime.
pacquiao was around 28 or 29 when he became a ppv star attraction while nonito at 30 is not a ppv attraction yet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:41 am 
Welterweight

Three times a year is enough.

And he should make up for lost time.

He has a year where the promoter feud kept him in the sidelines and halted his march to stardom.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am 
Cruiserweight

nonito knows his body, and "science" is a huge factor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 am 
Cruiserweight

Three is good enough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

his last fight hindi naman siya masyado tinatamaan... saka sabi naman niya nun pagktapos ng laban nya kay nishioka... i can fight in december kaya ayun natuloy yung donaire-arce fight 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am 
Heavyweight

nonito was unscathed with arce fight. he can even fight on february if he wants to
he can easily be in shape in lesser time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
nonito was unscathed with arce fight. he can even fight on february if he wants to
he can easily be in shape in lesser time

+1 yun nga... kasi thinking fighter siya... alam nyang basahin ang kalaban... nasa loob siya ng MATRIX SYSTEM :biglaugh: so bilang niya ang bawat galaw ng muscles ng kalaban niya :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

It depends if his fights are short, and also his hand's condition.

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." - Escher

"I would have never called up Larry, called up Magic (to form a superteam). I want to beat them." - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

Five fights a year will be fine. Why not fight every month? Two of them against the elites and the rest, "Bum of the Month."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 pm 
Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
    He said he is ready “to take as many fights as I can during the year and if I can do five, I will do five. I feel strong each time I get into the ring and each moment that I’m in the gym I just keep learning and learning and I like to fight.”

Donaire loves to fight, no doubt. But taking four fights (now five) in one year is just too much for his body. He needs to recuperate between fights, and his hand is a constant concern. He needs to be completely healed before he even starts training for a fight. "Rest days are critical to sports performance for a variety of reasons. Some are physiological and some are psychological. Rest is physically necessary so that the muscles can repair, rebuild and strengthen" (http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/samp ... covery.htm).

I believe it is best if he fights twice a year, so he has lots of time to rest and recover from boxing-related injuries. He no longer needs to fight that often because he is now the top dog, and fights come to him. He doesn't need to call out anybody anymore.

"So, Nonito, we love to see you fight, but come on, please allow your body to recuperate properly."

4-0, 2 KOs this year against Champs, damn!!!! Fighter of the Year for me 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm 
Heavyweight

old school fighters fought 12 times or more in a year
no wonder they have 100+ fights in their resume

maybe nonito wants to bring back old school type fighter but for lesser extent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

Just like Floyd he avoids being hit and therefore slow in physical depreciation.
Nonito can fight 3 to 4 fights a year. His last fight against Arce is like a sparring fight only.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm 
Welterweight

theDon wrote:

Of course Nonito "The Filipino Idol" Donaire can fight 4 times a year. He is a full-time boxer. That's what he do for a living. And he should get respect because of that.

You should not compare him to Menny Poohquiao who is a part time boxer, who disrespects the game by not giving it 100%. Truth be told, Poohquiao deserved what he got. Getting knocked the pac out should teach him a lesson.

Mabuhay Nonito "The Filipino Idol" Donaire! :)