Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 am 
Lightweight

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/386751/pa ... NZTClfP1Gl

Manny Pacquiao said these in one of his interviews:

- “It could have been worse and I could have been in serious trouble.”

- “If I had the strength to get up at that time, I would have fought back with Marquez and I would probably have received more punches.”

- “The result would have been more devastating”

Pacquiao was right, after all. If he had the strength to get up, he could've fought and he may have received a barrage of punches. He might have ended up like Z Gorres if that happened. I think he believes the KO happened for a reason. And that reason is for him to return in the ring and get the chance to redeem himself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 am 
Cruiserweight

He can say all he want to say. Bottomline is if he train so hard and dedicate his time to boxing that tragic lost (devastating KO) could have been prevented.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 am 
Cruiserweight

jamsky wrote:
He can say all he want to say. Bottomline is if he train so hard and dedicate his time to boxing that tragic lost (devastating KO) could have been prevented.

a toss with that :)

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 am 
Welterweight

U mean to say if he trained hard he will not be hit with any punch at that time?...even how hard he trained with that kind of punch he will go down for sure..manny was winning before the KO..its just an error on his part and a snap happened. Training hard doesnt mean you will not commit errors..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am 
Middleweight

Manny need not to be a boxing great, he already achieved it. He is now looking for other goal, and those are to obtain the political throne or to surpass Rizal as a National Hero. Boxing is just his stepping stone. But now that he lost, pride would seems to be a new motivation to come back to the boxing throne.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am 
Heavyweight

jonrayz wrote:
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/386751/pacquiao-plans-return-in-april#.UNZTClfP1Gl

Manny Pacquiao said these in one of his interviews:

- “It could have been worse and I could have been in serious trouble.”

- “If I had the strength to get up at that time, I would have fought back with Marquez and I would probably have received more punches.”

- “The result would have been more devastating”

Pacquiao was right, after all. If he had the strength to get up, he could've fought and he may have received a barrage of punches. He might have ended up like Z Gorres if that happened. I think he believes the KO happened for a reason. And that reason is for him to return in the ring and get the chance to redeem himself.

Wasn't it the end of the round? So how can they resume fighting? What happened to the break in between rounds?

Last edited by Emmanuel53 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 am 
Cruiserweight

Then don't take the rematch.
stay healthy.
Enjoy it with your family.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
The more that you should retire now, Manny. Don't take the risk. Quit while you're healthy.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Icecream wrote:
Then don't take the rematch.
stay healthy.
Enjoy it with your family.

Exactly <---- pahiram Noella. :biglaugh:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Don't force it. Quit now while the quitting is good.

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:11 pm 
Heavyweight

So that knockout was a blessing in disguise. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 pm 
Welterweight

jamsky wrote:

no training could have prevented a punch you didnt see.. especially if youre as agressive as pac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jepokss wrote:
jamsky wrote:

no training could have prevented a punch you didnt see.. especially if youre as agressive as pac

Training allowed marquez to withstand pac's power who trained less.

Had Pacquiao trained well, he could have gotten Marquez in the 5th and we all could have missed the 6th.
Had Pacquiao trained well, maybe, he could have gotten marQuez in round 2 and we all could have never seen the knockdown in Round 3.

However, we all know who trained well, long and hard. And whoever did that, we all know now that he have WON REALLY BIG!!!.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:38 pm 
Welterweight

migoy wrote:
U mean to say if he trained hard he will not be hit with any punch at that time?...even how hard he trained with that kind of punch he will go down for sure..manny was winning before the KO..its just an error on his part and a snap happened. Training hard doesnt mean you will not commit errors..

If he had trained longer and with more focus, I believe he could have a better reflexes/instinct and avoided that wrong move which lead him to JMM's right punch. There training for the fight was short than the usual and focused more on the offense. I mean it wasn't a new weapon by JMM yet Manny walked straight into that right hand.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao should not fight if he cannot focus on training. He just doing suicide for money. He already have too much money, what more he need? He is already a very greedy person if he does not well prepare for the fight. He says it is for entertainment but who is entertained with that kind of cheating? He cheat the people who expect a great fight out of two fighters.