Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm 
Bantamweight

this guy is a definition of a true warrior, i admire him because there's no quit on him even he's hurt,rocked, knockdown he comes back strong and give his opponents hell. its tough to beat JMM you must be strong physically and mentally to defeat him dont be overconfident that you hurt him already because one mistake BOOM. i respect him and he deserves the victory over manny, right now he's a clean fighter but if he tests positive for peds in the future i will lost all my respect to him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:09 pm 
Heavyweight

PacATG wrote:
this guy is a definition of a true warrior, i admire him because there's no quit on him even he's hurt,rocked, knockdown he comes back strong and give his opponents hell. its tough to beat JMM you must be strong physically and mentally to defeat him dont be overconfident that you hurt him already because one mistake BOOM. i respect him and he deserves the victory over manny, right now he's a clean fighter but if he tests positive for peds in the future i will lost all my respect to him.

not only marquez but most mexican boxers are tough and real warriors in the ring, that's the reason why audience love to see them fight against pinoy boxers because they have the same "devil-may-care" style.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:14 pm 
Welterweight

JMM is actually my 2nd favorite fighter right after Pacquiao. The only time I disliked him was when he was being a crybaby. But, as a fighter, I got mad respect for this guy. He respects the sport of boxing, the way he prepares for it and how he fights. I feel bad for him a little bit because he's never had a lot of big names to contend with, compared to his other compatriots in Barrera and Morales, because he was often ducked. He was and still is just that damn good.

Imagine how big this guy would have been early in his career had he fought and won against the likes of Naseem Hamed (who blatantly ducked him), Erik Morales, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo,
and Ricky Hatton. He's kind of the Marvin Hagler of this generation - a tough champion who got his break later in his career.

For me, he is still innocent until proven otherwise. His win against Manny, as I've stuck by in my previous posts, was legitimate as it was brought about by the perfect execution of technique. It was textbook. I've got to admire the resilience of Marquez. He has the heart of a lion. He never quits. He just keeps fighting on. Manny couldn't have lost to a better man.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Mexicans can't believe Pinoys are giving them tough opposition.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm 
Bantamweight

koala wrote:
JMM is actually my 2nd favorite fighter right after Pacquiao. The only time I disliked him was when he was being a crybaby. But, as a fighter, I got mad respect for this guy. He respects the sport of boxing, the way he prepares for it and how he fights. I feel bad for him a little bit because he's never had a lot of big names to contend with, compared to his other compatriots in Barrera and Morales, because he was often ducked. He was and still is just that damn good.

Imagine how big this guy would have been early in his career had he fought and won against the likes of Naseem Hamed (who blatantly ducked him), Erik Morales, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo,
and Ricky Hatton. He's kind of the Marvin Hagler of this generation - a tough champion who got his break later in his career.

For me, he is still innocent until proven otherwise. His win against Manny, as I've stuck by in my previous posts, was legitimate as it was brought about by the perfect execution of technique. It was textbook. I've got to admire the resilience of Marquez. He has the heart of a lion. He never quits. He just keeps fighting on. Manny couldn't have lost to a better man.

agree very well said.. im also a big fan of JMM if im a boxer i will copy JMM style he's so smart and intelligent in the ring aka The Maestro, his combos are nasty especially the uppercut i enjoyed watching the katsidis and juan diaz fight. I also notice about jmm he's a slow starter but he and nacho has always a plan B that's why he is succesful in the middle rounds especially in the 4 fights with pac. JMM dominate pac in the middle rounds of all the four fights. He always has an answer to every pacquiao's storm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

koala wrote:

He was pathetic in FMJ vs JMM.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 pm 
Heavyweight

pranzer wrote:
koala wrote:

I'm glad there is an answer like this! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 am 
Cruiserweight

10cc wrote:
pranzer wrote:
koala wrote:

I'm glad there is an answer like this! :D

Because FMJ doesnt want to fight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

PacATG wrote:

He has no sportsmanship attitude. I can't respect him. I know that all of that happened about him today are just for alibi. He want to retire just to get bigger money to his next fights.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

He won only by chance. Manny's winning on points when a lucky moment comes. Manny's right when said; he was hit by a punch he didn't see. So its a clear tsamba.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 am 
Cruiserweight

10cc wrote:
Mexicans can't believe Pinoys are giving them tough opposition.

..and they find any which way to win... the devil angel was the answer...wtf... why believe mexicans boxers known to be a ped users... not a single pinoy in the history of boxing uses such thing...