Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 am 
Cruiserweight

Since part 1, 2, 3 & 4 it clearly shows Pacquiao has never been solved that Marquez's puzzle... now part 5 is likely to happen, what could be the best way/s to neutralize that same problem?
Don't get me wrong, I mean, it's given Pac has still never even won decisively with Marquez.
Of course we already accepted that harder preparation and focus is a must.
It even boils down to some people to think and advises to change his coach to get new tricks...
* What about, if Pacs fight him inside now and never gives Marquez enough space for that killer overhand right hook? (Phone booth style).
* What about, if Pacs strikes his own killer blows while on a ducking position (but don't forget the defense) to neutralize JMM's haymaker shot -overhand right hook? if caught at least it'll lessen its impact imo...
I dunno, I'm not expert... maybe you have some very good ideas.

What else guys?

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

Keep Juan turning.
When he steps back, make two steps to his left with gloves up high.
If he comes forward, don't back up. Duck or stick two jabs to his nose.
No pump fakes and plenty of head feints.
Workout Pac's midsection a ton in training .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Keep Juan turning.

Wow, you've got a very good strategies sir!
Manny and his coach must better perfect this on training for great execution...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am 
Featherweight

Blazing Speed wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Keep Juan turning.

Wow, you've got a very good strategies sir!
Manny and his coach must better perfect this on training for great execution...

sa puso ko kay pacquiao ako kaya lang di marunong si manny at ang coach nya talga mag adjust o hindi talga nila mafigure out kung ano ang blueprint ika nga..kung pakikinggan mo masyado mga sinasabi ni berstain tama talga sya..sa obserbasyon ko pareho sila counterpouncher pero mas magaling sa counter pounch si marquez pero sa offense kay pacquiao kaya lang yong sinasabing lucky punch is big possibility..kung mapapansin nyo everytime na mag attack si marquez pacquiao is just standing still covering his face but its not guarantee na hindi sya tamaan look what happen in his first Knockdown..at here is the edge ni marquez alam nya na malakas sa offense pacquiao everytime na offbalance dahil in under attack mode marunong sya magducking unlike pacquiao if off balance he is just covering his face..di mo yan puedeng gawin kay marquez.kung mapapag aralan lang ni pacquiao na mag adjust o gawin ang ducking style ni nonito donaire if off balance when under attack mode im sure sya mananalo..kung marunong lang ako magedit ng mga video fights nila showing pacquiao's flaws..baka maiexplain ko ng maige..floyd is smart kung silang dalawa maglalaban, kay pacquiao ako pupusta 100 percent pero sobrang wise ni mayweather alam nya na may kalalagyan sya kay pacquiao kaya ayaw nyang lumalaban na kung anong alibi ang sinasabi.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

me punto ka bro...
and Pacs standing upright style while attacking aggressively
doesn't earned complete success against Marquez... He should try new tricks for Marquez to confused this time... try to imitate Joe Frazier style while attacking or ala Donaire style heheh (just kidding) i think that'll gives Jmm a lot of trouble... look at what Baby bull Diaz did to Marquez, he was beating up Hulkjuan on the early rounds, till he gas out and caught in the ninth round.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

You guys talk like Pacquiao v. Marquez 5 is a done deal.

First, Pacquiao needs to take the test. No, not the drug test. The neuro test. Only 2 results allowed: Pass or Fail. No Inc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

Don't worry, Pac is safe and healthy just like what el clitz said... :) kidding aside, I guess he'll passed his medical exams and battery tests with flying colors, and that's for formality...
And please let us all leave this PD issue to proper authorities (e.g. reliable doctor/s or medical experts...etc.). 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 pm 
Featherweight

Blazing Speed wrote:
Don't worry, Pac is safe and healthy just like what el clitz said... :) kidding aside, I guess he'll passed his medical exams and battery tests with flying colors, and that's for formality...
And please let us all leave this PD issue to proper authorities (e.g. reliable doctor/s or medical experts...etc.). 8)

hehe ur right..commentarista lamang tayo dito..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm 
Lightweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Keep Juan turning.

This is a good strategy because Pacs attacks would be coming in at an angle. Marquez times his counters when his opponent is coming in. He takes a step to his left and throws an overhand right. This is hard to avoid as the overhand is designed to go over an opponents guard. If Manny turns to his left, Dinamita's counter would be interrupted as he would have to correct his position. One thing that Manny has not done with Marquez is to turn to his right(Marquez's left). He keeps coming in at this same straight line to Marquez's right. If he keeps turning to his right he would be in a perfect position to throw the right hook which he had used effectively in many other fights notably against Hatton, Morales, and Barrera. Once he tags him with a right hook, it will set up the left straight that is Manny's bread and butter and his most effective weapon. Hope they would work on this more if there's a fifth fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm 
Welterweight

Pacquiao was very impressive before the KO sa PacMar 4

Siguro okay yung style at galaw niya last encounter nila ni Marquez, konting improvements pa plus take conditioning seriously and tangalin na yung double pump fake niya.

(may mga rounds kasi na every last sec nag dodouble pump fake si Manny kahit wala ng oras, yung last sec ng round 6, kung mag timer kayo after ipakita yung last 30 secs ng round, sobra na ng less than 10 secs yung oras dun sa last punch). - ewan ko pero nag try ako i timer sa replay video using timer sa phone ko.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

Great inputs...

Manny and his coach may also watch and reviews Jmm's previous fights that he was having a real hard time, with the likes of familiar fighters: Agapito Sanchez, Orlando Salido, Rocky Juarez and Marco Antonio Barrera -Juan Manuel Marquez all passed them with decision only... with Barrera fights, that coulda been either way. It's good if he'll try to learn and adapt Barrera's beautiful recoil style, Salido's great tenacity, and some dirty tricks with Sanchez heheh... but that doesn't mean it's for Manny's retaliation with Marquez foot stomping huh. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm 
Welterweight

what can pacman do...pag tinatapakan cya...nasisira ang rhythm niya...happen experimentally last 3rd episode... fulfilled at the last bout......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

As a common Pinoy boxing fan, honestly speaking, I hate to see Pacs being so one-dimensional fighting Marquez... it's really a pain in the neck when it seems he has no other arsenal to draw from when the going gets tough... he can't even learn to switch stance like RJJ or Donaire to confused opponent then going back to their normal fighting stance. I mean, he stick or stuck to that (not so effective) style, which is obviously obsolete or ineffective to Marquez. Pacs can't really figure him out well for eight years... again, Part 5 is likely to happen, Pac must really re-polished his manner of fighting Jmm, he should varies his style now to be really effective, that's a big factor... if not, it's always 50-50 for him or less chance against Jmm with "developed power" now... worst -it's gonna be same old Juan's lullaby for him that'll prevail. Once more, i'm no expert... :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm 
Welterweight

Same fight plan as the last fight with more explosive power...................minus the jab, jab, straight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

Blazing Speed wrote: Don't worry, Pac is safe and healthy just like what el clitz said... kidding aside, I guess he'll passed his medical exams and battery tests with flying colors, and that's for formality...
And please let us all leave this PD issue to proper authorities (e.g. reliable doctor/s or medical experts...etc.).

"Formality my a.." I bet Pacquiao himself is shaking in his Nike just the mention of PD.

Pactards love Denial, that river in Egypt.