Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

with pac vs. jmm 5 most likely to happen, what can you suggest
about what manny must do in the ring to win the fight? what were
manny's mistakes that he must avoid repeating and what weaknesses
did you see in jmm that manny failed to capitalize?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:31 pm 
Bantamweight

Fight like PBF did to Marquez. But I doubt he can do that.
There's no strategy. They fought 4 times remember? They both know each other well.
The smarter fighter always get the advantage.

5% pure boxing fans
= CRAB MENTALITY!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm 
Heavyweight

manny, as most of us have known him to be, loves to initiate the action becasue he's a natural come-forward boxer. actually this is the very move by pacquiao that the marquez camp had been exploiting in their fights. manny comes forward while jmm back pedals, and in so doing jmm measures his desired distance from manny who at times doing outstretch punches and jmm delivering counter punches effectively. this is actually a well crafted trap set by marquez with the guidance of his coach nacho. although manny's still doing good while fighting jmm in the middle of the ring, i believe manny can be more effective in delivering his punches if jmm's back was on the ropes or in a corner wherein there will be no more room for jmm to back pedal, thereby limiting jmm's ability to shift and reposition himself in order to deliver effective counter punches. you'll notice that in their previous fights where jmm's back was on the ropes, he was at the receiving end of the exchange while manny was scoring at will. so, in order for manny to dictate the distance between him and jmm, he needs to set lure jmm into a corner or on the ropes and there to deliver his bombs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
Middleweight

When he's against Marquez, Pacquiao must train and switch to orthodox!!!!. Counter Punching Marquez is the waterloo of southpaw Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez always struggles against Orthodox fighters but always got an easy fight against southpaw such as joel casamayor, likar ramos, Terdsak Kokietgym, Jimrex Jaca, Victor Polo and Derrick Gainer.

Yes! Marquez lost to Freedie Norwood, a southpaw but that was before, the Marquez today is different because he fought Pacquiao 4 times and it was more like Pacquiao teaching Marquez how to defeat a southpaw.

Marquez at his peak lost to Crish John and Mayweather and both are Orthodox.

I'm not an expert, its just an observation. Just putting some input unlike other Paclanders who love to laugh at others post by criticizing them as an EXPERT WANNABE.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
Welterweight

Suntukan_Sumbaganay wrote:
When he's against Marquez, Pacquiao must train and switch to orthodox!!!!. Counter Punching Marquez is the waterloo of southpaw Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez always struggles against Orthodox fighters but always got an easy fight against southpaw such as joel casamayor, likar ramos, Terdsak Kokietgym, Jimrex Jaca, Victor Polo and Derrick Gainer.

Yes! Marquez lost to Freedie Norwood, a southpaw but that was before, the Marquez today is different because he fought Pacquiao 4 times and it was more like Pacquiao teaching Marquez how to defeat a southpaw.

I'm not an expert, its just an observation. Just putting some input unlike other Paclanders who love to laugh at others post by criticizing them as an EXPERT WANNABE.

This is no criticism on your post but a counter opinion.

For Pacquiao to fight as orthodox would be impossible as Pac not even a switch hitter. He's a southpaw through and through. That type of skills should be learned from the beginning. As they say, it's too late for that now.

And one more thing, Floyd and John beat him not by being orthodox alone, they were rangy fighters who used their reach and fought outside Marquez' distance and refused to engage. He was successful against Pac because Manny was an aggressive, compact fighter who is a perfect fit for his counter-punching style.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
Middleweight

JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:

For Pacquiao to fight as orthodox would be impossible as Pac not even a switch hitter. He's a southpaw through and through. That type of skills should be learned from the beginning. As they say, it's too late for that now.

And one more thing, Floyd and John beat him not by being orthodox alone, they were rangy fighters who used their reach and fought outside Marquez' distance and refused to engage. He was successful against Pac because Manny was an aggressive, compact fighter who is a perfect fit for his counter-punching style.

Then any idea or strategies you can suggest to Manny? :)

What I'm trying to say is Pacquiao must switch to orthodox style to avoid being stomped while going for the kill. Marquez never stomp any orthodox fighters before.

And of course manny must train hard while in Orthodox style. Yes he is not a switch hitter but he must adapt in order to win.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

"Pray without ceasing!" says Pr. Jeric Soriano quoting the bible. :D

“You all think I’m scared, I’m a coward? Well guess what? I’m a rich, scared coward. I’m a rich coward,”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

nagkakagulo na ang tao sa part 5..whewww..goodluck po sa inyong lahat at kitakits naman tayo sa part 6.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 pm 
Bantamweight

JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:

Then any idea or strategies you can suggest to Manny? :)

What I'm trying to say is Pacquiao must switch to orthodox style to avoid being stomped while going for the kill. Marquez never stomp any orthodox fighters before.

And of course manny must train hard while in Orthodox style. Yes he is not a switch hitter but he must adapt in order to win.

"You cannot teach an old dog a new trick"
These are the words of his trainer Freddie "Coach" Roach.
Maybe you didn't read that somewhere when he was fighting Shane Mosley and of course the third fight with JuanMa.
Pacquiao switching to orthodox is an IMPOSSIBLE idea and a preposition of thing to do my friend.
That's not even an option.
Pacquiao is a southpaw his entire illustrious career and you suggest to fight orthodox later in his career?

As i have said above thers is no strategy if they ever fought again.
It's like eating the same breakfast with a same taste at the same time.
They fought 4 times! FOUR TIMES!
Even Freddie and Buboy suggested to try imitate marquez but look what happened!

5% pure boxing fans
= CRAB MENTALITY!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

use the left hand lead more often, its killing JMM,
set up the right hook its freezing PEE..
Dont do the double pump fake again... :mrgreen:

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

No need for any adjustment for Pac, their 4th fight is the last breath of JMM he cannot pull the trigger next time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Just fight smarter. If possible, he can also transform into a hulk pacquiao. hulk pacquiao vs hulk marquez.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm 
Featherweight

SAME STRATEGY SA LAST FIGHT MEDYO MAS MAINGAT LANG NEXT TIME .
I THINK HE'S WINNING THE LAST FIGHT UNTIL THAT SUCKER PUNCH.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

TheProfessor wrote:
Fight like PBF did to Marquez. But I doubt he can do that.
There's no strategy. They fought 4 times remember? They both know each other well.
The smarter fighter always get the advantage.

JMM is smarter indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:15 am 
Welterweight

dominic wrote:
with pac vs. jmm 5 most likely to happen, what can you suggest
about what manny must do in the ring to win the fight? what were
manny's mistakes that he must avoid repeating and what weaknesses
did you see in jmm that manny failed to capitalize?

My suggetion?

Manny will train for 4 months in every fight and hire victor conte as nutritionist then No one can beat the pacman except the klitsco brothers.
[b]