Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

batang kamuning wrote:
Mullato wrote:
Short of calling him a bum, I don't think Drian Francisco has the tools to become
a world class champ. He better quit boxing and try another sport instead. He doesn't
have the stamina, his punches are way off, no footwork; he's soooo slow.

agree, when he fought his previous fight (he won by ko on 6ht) before last night, my initial reaction was he won by a lucky punch. his style is bara bara, and I don't see any potential for him to become a champion. He is the same as boom 2x and some other fighter, not a world class, sorry to say

Oh yeah,.. and the other bara-bara figther who got guided by good trainer is now cosidered one of the greatest boxers.

No potential? I say just not getting good breaks...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:12 am 
Welterweight

I wish him luck in his future, he has a lot of flaws........his looping punches are slow and easily anticipated, balance needs adjustment and improvement, stamina is barely at a 6 rounder level, and is old at the age of 30. Besides his power which is only good with lower level boxers.....As of last nights fight I dont see anything special with him. But who knows he might be able to do a 360 degree improvement.......again good luck to him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:33 am 
Cruiserweight

Agree!

Lots of flaws:

1. Winging punches always with bad intention but mostly misses. Lots of energy spent which explains why he looked spent by mid-rounds. Even a modest counterpuncher can time it and flatten him.

2. Weird punches coming from different angles. Yes, but... slow, telegraphic, and predictable. Filipino boxers (trainers) must learn the art of short, compact, quick, and snapping punches. Power usually follows, i.e., if one is born with it. If born with these elements, just need polishing and this is where a good trainer comes in. Example: Pacquiao + Roach ---> $$$$$Millions.

3. No footwork. Only 3 movements in his repertoire: prodding forward, backward, and crouching but mostly, the latter 2.

4. Lacks the menacing and ferocity gestures which can psychologically disarm an opponent. (Example: Duran's sneer, Pacquiao's tapping both gloves).

5. Age factor (30). I think too late to learn new tricks or discard bad habits. Not a bum, yet. But probably will end up a journeyman or stepping stone for younger boxers.

Sorry, not one to mince words.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:20 am 
Heavyweight

8 in 8 wrote:
Agree!

Lots of flaws:

1. Winging punches always with bad intention but mostly misses. Lots of energy spent which explains why he looked spent by mid-rounds. Even a modest counterpuncher can time it and flatten him.

2. Weird punches coming from different angles. Yes, but... slow, telegraphic, and predictable. Filipino boxers (trainers) must learn the art of short, compact, quick, and snapping punches. Power usually follows, i.e., if one is born with it. If born with these elements, just need polishing and this is where a good trainer comes in. Example: Pacquiao + Roach ---> $$$$$Millions.

3. No footwork. Only 3 movements in his repertoire: prodding forward, backward, and crouching but mostly, the latter 2.

4. Lacks the menacing and ferocity gestures which can psychologically disarm an opponent. (Example: Duran's sneer, Pacquiao's tapping both gloves).

5. Age factor (30). I think too late to learn new tricks or discard bad habits. Not a bum, yet. But probably will end up a journeyman or stepping stone for younger boxers.

yeah man, but at least he was famous for at least 45 mins as his fight was shown on US Tv network.
Sayang but nakakamiss pa rin si Lousito "Lindol" Espinosa at magkamukha sila ni Drian.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:35 am 
Cruiserweight

batang kamuning wrote:
8 in 8 wrote:
Agree!

Lots of flaws:

yeah man, but at least he was famous for at least 45 mins as his fight was shown on US Tv network.
Sayang but nakakamiss pa rin si Lousito "Lindol" Espinosa at magkamukha sila ni Drian.

Forty-five minutes of fame but no fortune doesn't cut it. Sorry, fame without fortune doesn't pay the bills nor put food on the table.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:12 am 
Middleweight

Sabi nga dati pwede rin daw sya na maging artista.

geh, artista na alang sya. yung binubugbog ng bida. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 am 
Cruiserweight

Mullato wrote:
No, I did not mean that. Just read my whole post as I expounded what I mean when I said "he doesn't have it." He's so akward, he loses his balance everytime he throw a punch. :lol:

Reminds you of a certain filipino boxer?

If I'm not mistaken, Drian moved up a weight class. His power doesn't have as much pop. Avalon took Drian's best hits and his face didn't even mark up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 am 
Cruiserweight

Peacekeeper wrote:
You mean Drian Francisco doesn't have a good trainer? Yes I agree.

Drian has the potential, as he has power. The only problem is his boxing style and conditioning. He has just boxed ten rounds, what more if it is a 12-rounder match.

AT TALAGANG PANIS NA TRAINER AT CONDITIONING COACH '

ANG NAKUHA NYA!

KAYA NGA INALIS YAN NI ROACH SA WILDCARD !

:stump:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

Francisco did ok. But he was pressurize in the fight.

No amount of quick short compact punches would of worked.

Unless he has good defensive skills. He's got to have Floyd like reflexes and speed for that to work.

Francisco did well IMO. World class? no! but a good boxer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

after all those years fighting bums and the hypes, reality has finally emerged.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Heavyweight

Mullato wrote:
Short of calling him a bum, I don't think Drian Francisco has the tools to become
a world class champ. He better quit boxing and try another sport instead. He doesn't
have the stamina, his punches are way off, no footwork; he's soooo slow.

may thread pa nga dito na he is the best challenger against rigo eh ..

ROFL :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

Numero uno wrote:
Francisco did ok. But he was pressurize in the fight.

No amount of quick short compact punches would of worked.
a
Unless he has good defensive skills. He's got to have Floyd like reflexes and speed for that to work.

Francisco did well IMO. World class? no! but a good boxer.

If you're referring to Francisco, agree. At 30, too late to learn this style of fighting. It's more like innate in a person. Either you were born with it or not. Doesn't hurt if boxer also possesses power. A keen-eyed trainer usually spots these positives and with proper training, a well-honed fighter slowly emerges. Should start learning this style of fighting (short, compact, quick snapping punches) at early stage of career. Case in point, a young and crude but quick-handed and powerful boxer (Pacquiao) polished by a great trainer (Roach) ---> Fighter of the decade, lb-4-lb king, 8-division titles, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Anyone remember this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=235686

Drian should definetely fight Rigo now.........LMFAO!!!