Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:53 am 
Heavyweight

gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
crafty wrote:
yeah you're absolutely right... he was "destroyed" by MP already but still he is the current 130lbs CHAMPION... so, for PACMAN to established himself as the legitimate P4P fighter, he should go for those belts.... unless he is now SCARED to fight MAB

Honestly, I'm having doubts myself if Pac really wants to fight MAB. I mean this is his opportunity to even surpass Mayweather as the best P4P fighter in the world(if he wins), but I guess Pac has other motives. :(

you can also kiss each other :lol:
you really think PAC could surpass PBF is he beats mab??
who is mab??

Are you that stupid???

If Pac(#3 P4P) beats MAB(#4 P4P), then Pac will be #1 P4P. You know why?

Because PBF(#1 P4P) who is fighting Judah, isn't even on the top 10.

Because Winky(#2 P4P) who is fighting Taylor, isn't even on the top 10.

It is clear now, *****?

If Pac beats MAB, Pac is P4P#1

Calm down boi! No need to get ugly. P4P is not as clear cut as you defined it. It depends on how Pac closes the show. A Split decision may sway some people to not put him at #1. Also, P4P rankings are not an exact science, it is merely one man's opinion.

As for the "confused" Pac team, this is all verbal posing. Psych warfare is the game. Who's to say that the MAB camp is just checking the temperature of the water? Unless all contratcs are signed, then we are all just plain guessing.

dude, out of context! :lol:
i never found out who has the most championship rings is the NBA?? :?:

I did post the answer. You must have missed it. Anyway click the link. Read the 2nd to last paragraph.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/kcjones_bio.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:57 am 
Welterweight

It's called PROFESSIONALISM. Team Pacquiao has obligations to fulfill.
Have you ever wondered the timing of MAB when calling out MP? On both rare occasions, MAB only called out Manny when he has a fight coming up, not when he's available. What does that tell you about MAB? I wouldn't be surprised if Team Pacquiao turns down MAB's offer at this time. You don't get far in the business world if you don't know how it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:04 am 
Heavyweight

Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
crafty wrote:
yeah you're absolutely right... he was "destroyed" by MP already but still he is the current 130lbs CHAMPION... so, for PACMAN to established himself as the legitimate P4P fighter, he should go for those belts.... unless he is now SCARED to fight MAB

Honestly, I'm having doubts myself if Pac really wants to fight MAB. I mean this is his opportunity to even surpass Mayweather as the best P4P fighter in the world(if he wins), but I guess Pac has other motives. :(

who is mab??

Are you that stupid???

It is clear now, *****?

Calm down boi! No need to get ugly. P4P is not as clear cut as you defined it. It depends on how Pac closes the show. A Split decision may sway some people to not put him at #1. Also, P4P rankings are not an exact science, it is merely one man's opinion.

As for the "confused" Pac team, this is all verbal posing. Psych warfare is the game. Who's to say that the MAB camp is just checking the temperature of the water? Unless all contratcs are signed, then we are all just plain guessing.

I did post the answer. You must have missed it. Anyway click the link. Read the 2nd to last paragraph.

thanxs!! :D
who would have thought of that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:06 am 
Lightweight

Hello there Paclanders! Considering the decision of Team Pacquiao to honor firts what was stated in the conract between Morales. I believe their decision is justifiable whatever angle you look at it. Freddie Roach's observation regarding the sudden decision of Team MAB to have a rematch is, I should say, High Sounding. Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

tatutoyna wrote:
Hello there Paclanders! Considering the decision of Team Pacquiao to honor firts what was stated in the conract between Morales. I believe their decision is justifiable whatever angle you look at it. Freddie Roach's observation regarding the sudden decision of Team MAB to have a rematch is, I should say, High Sounding. Peace!

welcome to PACLAND!! :combo: :celebrate:

you'll like it here!!

so you saw that coming?? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:10 am 
Heavyweight

gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
crafty wrote:

who is mab??

Are you that stupid???

It is clear now, *****?

Trivia talaga diba? Sayang nga pre nobody won :( :lol: I was hoping... Oh well.

I wonder how "confused" team Marquez was on the way back from Indonesia? I wonder if he ever envisioned himself fighting at a parking lot? I heard his next fight is inside a phonebooth :lol: :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:12 am 
Welterweight

tatutoyna wrote:

Good point on your 1st post!

Welcome aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:16 am 
Lightweight

Thanks Gapo Boy! Actually I've been reading all the posts here since 2003. Just 2 days after MP defeated MAB. I really enjoy the passion of our fellow Paclanders on how their observation on matters about boxing. I'm really not that well versed in boxing but I like the logic that our fellow paclanders are stating in their posts. Except of course for those who don't like Manny Pacquiao and the consequences of his triumph. Peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:22 am 
Strawweight

I AGREE WITH YOU BRO OR MAY BE IS IT JUST THAT TEAM PACQUIAO WANTS TO HAVE A BIGGER PAY CHEQUE IN FIGHTING BARRERA? i THINK IF MP WOULD REALLY DECIDE ON THAT, HE WOULD SURELY FIGHT BARRERA AND GO FOR THOSE BELTS HE HAS. MP IS A TRUE WARRIOR AND HE'S NOT AFTER THE MONEY HE WOULD GET FROM THE BARRERA FIGHT BUT THE HONOR AND BEING RECOGNIZED AS THE BEST SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT OF HIS TIME.

:box:

AKO ISA KA ILONGGO NAGAPUYO SA ILOILO....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am 
Heavyweight

Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
Tsubtsatagilid wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
eddyboi2k4 wrote:
crafty wrote:

who is mab??

Are you that stupid???

It is clear now, *****?

Trivia talaga diba? Sayang nga pre nobody won :( :lol: I was hoping... Oh well.

I wonder how "confused" team Marquez was on the way back from Indonesia? I wonder if he ever envisioned himself fighting at a parking lot? I heard his next fight is inside a phonebooth :lol: :shock: :lol:

i feel bad for him, he could have been more than that??

it's desperation time for JMM, he does need to make a new management team

just forget about that cause, he is better than that!

if he stays with this team he has right now, he might as well quit and look for a new job :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:25 am 
Lightweight

Ay oo nga pala! I'm not that sure kung 2 days nga ba after the MP vs MAB 2003. Basta when I came to the office that following week, I searched the name of Manny Pacquiao at Google and there it was. From then on everytime I got the chance to use an internet cafe, I would definitely access first this site before my e-mail. :D But I also have been watching MP since his Blow by Blow days up to the time he knocked out Chachai (I think). :D Peace and greetings to all of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

tatutoyna wrote:
Thanks Gapo Boy! Actually I've been reading all the posts here since 2003. Just 2 days after MP defeated MAB. I really enjoy the passion of our fellow Paclanders on how their observation on matters about boxing. I'm really not that well versed in boxing but I like the logic that our fellow paclanders are stating in their posts. Except of course for those who don't like Manny Pacquiao and the consequences of his triumph. Peace.

you are welcome!! :D
dont worry about how much you know in boxing
this is a good "passing time" :D to me and actually enjoys every moment of it
those haters makes our site very interesting i tell you :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:53 am 
Flyweight

First of all, Barrera is not 'sports' fighter. He has a fiery temperament and employs dirty tactics. Watch his fight with Manny. He intentionally headbutts and hit Manny on break. Of course, he was badly beaten by Manny. After their fight, all commentators agreed, that a rematch is ill-adviced for Barrera. In other words, he is done. But, Manny nevertheless give him a chance for a rematch. But, as we know, he was so scared of Manny fists of fury. Now, he is coming forward to challenge from Manny for a rematch? I think, this is only a ploy to resurrect him from oblivion. He can wait, after Manny finally retires Morales. Then it'll be his turn vanish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

crafty wrote:
I just can't imagine what is happening with Team Pacquiao.... Before, they were eagerly awaiting the challenge of MAB to fight MP.. they were pursuing the rematch with the soonest time... BUT, now that MAB accepted the challenge and pursues negotiations, Team Pacquiao suddenly turned around and ignores the negotiations... ano ba talaga? It's the right opportunity to stage the fight or else MAB will fight somebody... [/i]

WELCOME CRAFTY!! THE TIMING OF BARRERA'S CHALLENGE IS NOT RIGHT, BRO. MANNY'S MIND IS ALREADY SET ON HIS JUNE FIGHT WITH LARIOS OR WHOEVER THAT MEXICAN OPPONENT WILL BE AND HIS SEPTEMBER DATE WITH MORALES. BEFORE THE JAN 21 REMATCH OF PACQUIAO AND MORALES, BARRERA ISSUED A STATEMENT THAT HE WILL FACE THE WINNER OF THAT FIGHT. UNFORTUNATELY, AFTER WHAT HE SAW WHAT PAC DID TO MORALES, BARRERA CHANGED HIS MIND AND ARRANGED TO FIGHT CHAVEZ INSTEAD THIS MARCH. WITH CHAVEZ BACKING OUT OF THAT FIGHT, BARRERA HAVE NO MORE CHOICE BUT TO CHALLENGE PACQUIAO. BUT AS I HAVE SAID EARLIER, HIS TIMING WAS NOT RIGHT. BARRERA SHOULD HAVE STOOD BY HIS WORD TO CHALLENGE THE PAC-ERIK II WINNER. NOW HIS CHALLENGE IS QUESTIONABLE TO MOST PAC FANS AND TO FREDDIE ROACH.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

agukoy wrote:
First of all, Barrera is not 'sports' fighter. He has a fiery temperament and employs dirty tactics. Watch his fight with Manny. He intentionally headbutts and hit Manny on break. Of course, he was badly beaten by Manny. After their fight, all commentators agreed, that a rematch is ill-adviced for Barrera. In other words, he is done. But, Manny nevertheless give him a chance for a rematch. But, as we know, he was so scared of Manny fists of fury. Now, he is coming forward to challenge from Manny for a rematch? I think, this is only a ploy to resurrect him from oblivion. He can wait, after Manny finally retires Morales. Then it'll be his turn vanish.

welcome to PACLAND :combo:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next