Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:07 pm 
Featherweight

kugahertz wrote:
mharky wrote:
Either you must be a pretending igorot or just a half half Mr. I don't know you. Back read. I am fighting for our right to have our own thread. Wayback since additional threads was made for Manila Paclanders, Cebu Paclanders, Bicolano Paclanders, Illongo Paclanders, Ilocano Paclanders, Kapampangan Paclanders, Waray Paclanders, GenSan Paclanders, Cagayan De Oro, none was made for us. Nobody stood for us. We don't exist in the map. Our "shy mango" attitude has always put us in the closet. Now, it's about time that we get recognized.

Flaming? There is much flaming in the political section. If I have to call someone ignoramus just to get the attention needed for our cause, so be it.

Forum rules? Go to the political section and remind those people there who bash each other. Kaman ka sino ay imbis nga sumuporta to stop our DISCRIMINATION, you are one putting more nails in the closet.

My friend, I admire your intention to have our own regional forum, a cordilleran forum. But I'm sorry to say this, the way you deliver is arrogance! Now let me ask you if I'll be proud to see an arrogant fellow igorot than a humble fellow? Haan ka aya nga mabain nu adda makitam nga padam nga igorot ngem bastos? You justify yourself because other members do flame and bash each other, but does it entitle you to do the same? I thought we are more civilized than what others think of us. If you stoop down to their level then you are just making them believe what they thought is correct.

Speaking of rights, there is only one right every member have in this forum. That is to be respected, regardless of race, region and religion. It is not a right to have one's (region/race for that matter) own forum, it is just fortunate that the owners of this site allowed other race, regions to have their own forum,and we should be thankful for that. In this case, cordillerans does not have its own forum yet, tell me my friend if this is not the more righteous thing to do. so rather than bashing someone,and i don't know if you'll agree with this, it would be better to request it in a more civilized way which you did at first and I believe it is good enough except for the last phrase,Posting on threads and forum is not even a right, it is a privilege. You call someone ignorant and what that makes you?
You see my friend, you are too quick to bash and call names but look yourself in front of the mirror and put yourself on their shoes.

There's nothing wrong in supporting someone for the good cause. This thread is a good start, fellow cordillerans have the chance to know other members in this forum. And all of us agree that because of this thread, it is a step of showing that we igorots exist in this cyber community.
Speaking of DISCRIMINATION, I don't see any discrimination going here towards cordilleran. Just because we don't have a cordilleran forum yet does not mean we are discriminated. Just like other regional forums before, it was not created in just a blink of an eye. Requests were already sent by other fellow igorots, if that's not enough then we still can send our requests in a more civil way. You earn respect when you give respect my friend. You sow what you reap.

I don't know if you got my point from the start. You can reply to you hearts' content about this. But I'll set aside this argument since its off tracking from the initial purpose of this thread. Like I said before, I respect and admire your intentions but lay off that name calling. Let us show them that we are better than what they think.
I wish you good health and god bless my friend

to fellow igorots, I apologize for the side tracking and let us continue this thread.
God bless to all of you wherever you are.

Well said!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 am 
Middleweight

benguet cowboy wrote:
kugahertz wrote:
mharky wrote:
Either you must be a pretending igorot or just a half half Mr. I don't know you. Back read. I am fighting for our right to have our own thread. Wayback since additional threads was made for Manila Paclanders, Cebu Paclanders, Bicolano Paclanders, Illongo Paclanders, Ilocano Paclanders, Kapampangan Paclanders, Waray Paclanders, GenSan Paclanders, Cagayan De Oro, none was made for us. Nobody stood for us. We don't exist in the map. Our "shy mango" attitude has always put us in the closet. Now, it's about time that we get recognized.

Flaming? There is much flaming in the political section. If I have to call someone ignoramus just to get the attention needed for our cause, so be it.

Forum rules? Go to the political section and remind those people there who bash each other. Kaman ka sino ay imbis nga sumuporta to stop our DISCRIMINATION, you are one putting more nails in the closet.

My friend, I admire your intention to have our own regional forum, a cordilleran forum. But I'm sorry to say this, the way you deliver is arrogance! Now let me ask you if I'll be proud to see an arrogant fellow igorot than a humble fellow? Haan ka aya nga mabain nu adda makitam nga padam nga igorot ngem bastos? You justify yourself because other members do flame and bash each other, but does it entitle you to do the same? I thought we are more civilized than what others think of us. If you stoop down to their level then you are just making them believe what they thought is correct.

Speaking of rights, there is only one right every member have in this forum. That is to be respected, regardless of race, region and religion. It is not a right to have one's (region/race for that matter) own forum, it is just fortunate that the owners of this site allowed other race, regions to have their own forum,and we should be thankful for that. In this case, cordillerans does not have its own forum yet, tell me my friend if this is not the more righteous thing to do. so rather than bashing someone,and i don't know if you'll agree with this, it would be better to request it in a more civilized way which you did at first and I believe it is good enough except for the last phrase,Posting on threads and forum is not even a right, it is a privilege. You call someone ignorant and what that makes you?
You see my friend, you are too quick to bash and call names but look yourself in front of the mirror and put yourself on their shoes.

There's nothing wrong in supporting someone for the good cause. This thread is a good start, fellow cordillerans have the chance to know other members in this forum. And all of us agree that because of this thread, it is a step of showing that we igorots exist in this cyber community.
Speaking of DISCRIMINATION, I don't see any discrimination going here towards cordilleran. Just because we don't have a cordilleran forum yet does not mean we are discriminated. Just like other regional forums before, it was not created in just a blink of an eye. Requests were already sent by other fellow igorots, if that's not enough then we still can send our requests in a more civil way. You earn respect when you give respect my friend. You sow what you reap.

I don't know if you got my point from the start. You can reply to you hearts' content about this. But I'll set aside this argument since its off tracking from the initial purpose of this thread. Like I said before, I respect and admire your intentions but lay off that name calling. Let us show them that we are better than what they think.
I wish you good health and god bless my friend

to fellow igorots, I apologize for the side tracking and let us continue this thread.
God bless to all of you wherever you are.

Well said!

Pards, I and kugahertz already fixed the above misunderstanding. Anyway, here's more information for those Cordillerans abroad who have no access to news happening regarding our own athletes.

I know this is late but I just want to share this info.

Gabutan retains crown; two other LT pugs sizzle
by Jimmy Laking

Reigning Oriental bantamweight champion Dayer Gabutan of Besao, Mountain Province shook off a shaky start to hammer out a unanimous victory over Thailand’s Petch Twins Gym en route to retaining his title in 12 rounds at Hong Kong’s Kowloon International Trade and Exhibition Centerre on Sept. 22.

But the evening belonged to Natonin’s lady boxer Jujeath Nagaowa who knocked down Lookkaew Sithprache of Thailand in 1:47 of the first round to give the La Trinidad-based boxers, managed by Briccio Santig, the second of third victories.

The third victory for the visitors was registered by featherweight Randy Migreno who knocked down another Thai, Lertsila Pahdeen Gym in the second round then coasted in the next rounds to clinch the win in six.

In his first international outing, Gabutan found himself pressed in the first three rounds by his opponent who was looking for a win.

But Gabutan counterattacked from the sixth onwards, staggering the Thai with a series of straights and cross jabs that left no doubt about the outcome.

Following a fight plan, Nagaowa went on attack mode from the opening bell that clearly unsettled her opponent who was at a loss on what to do. The end came in one minute and 47 seconds when the referee stepped in to stop the fight, with the Thai cornered and battered helplessly in a corner.

“I feared she would give me a hard fight so I attacked outright,” Nagaowa recalled latter.

For his effort, Migreno, a native of Tulunan, North Cotabato who has since made La Trinidad his home, will fight next for the WBO Oriental championship on Oct. 14 against the Thailand titleholder.

The lone La Trinidad casualty was Dennis Padua who was knocked out in the second round by Thailand’s Ekapol Yothinpanawet in a scheduled six-rounder.

Overall, Santig said he was well-pleased with the performance of his boxers.

Let me also share this music entitled Cordillera Bumangon Ka. Let's all be proud of our own heritage... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMNAqGMnq9I

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 am 
Middleweight

Hello my fellow Igorots, I'm a proud one from Sta. Isabel, Natonin Mountain Province. Pure igorot on father and mother side, i came from the family of Gumarao,Lubfunan,Natucyad and Longchasen.
We should be proud of our heritage, unknown to many igorants low lander. We Igorot were never conquered by the Spaniards in their 300 years of rule in the archipelago, yes our ancestors whooped this ******* *** in the mountains despite several expedition for 3 century. If were not for the valor of our ancestor then were most likely just the others low lander that lost their tradition and identity, fortunately we still have that till this day.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 am 
Heavyweight

AM PROUD TO BE AN IGOROT