Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

Whatever his detractors say against him, I believe we have not yet seen a great president like Duterte who is patriotic, fearless, just, and genuinely pro-poor. I am a very objective person in my assessment of politicians and I can objectively say that Marcos was the worst president we ever had. It appears that Duterte idolized Marcos for whatever reasons, but it does not change my perception of him as a person. Marcos was corrupted with too much power for his and his cronies' benefit, but Duterte is real. He is ready to risk his life and his position for the greater good but there are still people who try to demonize him, like Trillanes and De Lima, who accuse him of extra-judicial killings. There could be some truth to this and I myself believe that he supports EJK of CRIMINALS, but that he is also the staunchest protector of the rights of the innocent. He hates corruption so he immediately fired his underlings who were involved in corruption and does not condone them. He may be fond of women, but so do I. His former and present women do not have anything bad to say against him. In Marcos' time, everybody from top to bottom was corrupt; hopefully in Duterte's time, everybody would be clean from top to bottom because the role model is clean. Cory had her chance to clean the bureaucracy but she bungled her job due to inexperience. Ramos had his share of corruption himself in the tune of billions.

The election is over. All Filipinos should support the president for the progress and betterment of our country and people. He is a president like no other, a great president indeed!

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:02 am 
Light Heavyweight

I am really happy that with a president like him, our country has a really good chance of changing for the better. That's why I believe him when he says that he is our last chance to save this country from going to the pits.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:49 am 
Heavyweight

Pakilipat na lang po sa politis. Pindoters club may dds dito. Sugod na! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I agree sa lahat ng post ni ts. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am 
Cruiserweight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 am 
Cruiserweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
I am really happy that with a president like him, our country has a really good chance of changing for the better. That's why I believe him when he says that he is our last chance to save this country from going to the pits.

times 100! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 am 
Heavyweight

Mods pakilipat sa Politics forum ang thread ni mang Rizal.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
Mods pakilipat sa Politics forum ang thread ni mang Rizal.

Thanks.

Haha! I was reading Wesley's chess forum when I posted this thread.

But going back to the topic, I am very disgusted by people like Trillanes, De Lima, the Catholic Church, the Human Rights Commission, etc. who seem to think that they have the monopoly of goodness and that they are after the well being of the people in mind. EJK has been with us since time immemorial but it's only now that they're making noises. They attribute all drug-related deaths to Duterte which is absurd! The police is working full time against drugs so it's only natural that there would be many drug-related deaths.

I believe that consciously or unconsciously, these personalities have been beneficiaries of drug lords who probably contributed to their campaign funds. If I were a drug lord myself, I would probably have contributed to both parties so that whichever party wins, I would be untouchable and protected. But Duterte could not be bought, so he is the only credible candidate that we can consider 'drug-free'.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:42 am 
Welterweight

I have an inkling that, in a couple of pages, Rizal will propose his next theory -- a political theory.

I can hardly wait for that... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

TheEnigma wrote:
I have an inkling that, in a couple of pages, Rizal will propose his next theory -- a political theory.

I can hardly wait for that... :lol:

You're right, my friend. and I would encourage the president to consider implementing my theory, err, my propositions.

For a start, he should now implement the nationwide smoking ban in public places for the benefit of our country and citizens. We all know that smokers just smoke anywhere disregarding the rights of others. When I was still residing in my condo unit in Makati, I happened to be inside the elevator going down when I smelled a cigarette smoke. I looked around and saw one big man holding a lighted cigarette so I told him that it is not allowed inside. He reasoned that he is not smoking, but merely holding the lighted cigarette! Then he raised his voice and shouted at me:'Sino ka ba?' to which I replied: 'Occupant ako rito. Ikaw, sino ka rin at baki ang yabang mo?' He suddenly tried to punch me but I dodged and tried to hit him back. The other passengers went panicky because the elevator was very small. Good thing that the commotion was caught on camera and the guards intervened when we reached the ground floor.

In short, most smokers are devoid of reason and civility just to protect their vice. They litter cigarette butts everywhere after smoking, so they must be disciplined.

My second proposition is to do away with political correctness and call a spade a spade.If you are fat, why should I call you overweight instead? As we used to say, 'Magpakatotoo ka!' Political correctness is hypocrisy, no more no less. Why call a chairman a chairperson just to please the women? Would there come a time that all words with the word 'man' on it be all changed to 'person'? It's really insane!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

I would also encourage that the President hold an idea contest on how to solve traffic congestion, particularly on major highways. The problem with government is they think they have all the solutions to our traffic problems but they end up restricting our right to travel every day.

I, for one, have a good idea, but I'd talk about it later. I'm sure others have their own ideas too, but without rewarding people for their ideas, they would not be encouraged to give their best shots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:04 am 
Heavyweight

Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.

As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:20 am 
Heavyweight

rizalincarnate wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:

As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.

Good for exports if there is no trade imbalance, but you see there is a larger trade deficit which means more dollars going out than dollars coming in, and this would further be exacerbated if EU countries would discontinue trade free tariff exports for more than 6000 Philippine products.
And so you need Chinese permission to fish on our own waters now even after the international tribunal ruling? You see even the Supreme Court ruling on the DAP recognized that it accelerated development , it was the method which was questioned - the PDAF had a website which detailed specific spending including details like the project, location, amounts disbursed , the lawmaker involved so there was actually greater transparency.
Close to 8000 of Filipinos have been killed - are all of them criminals? It took one Korean for Duterte to admit that 40% of the police force was corrupt - so who would now be accountable for the lives lost during the campaign spearheaded by a police force that was in Duterte's own words 40% corrupt?
Unemployment has gone up , budget deficit is near 400 billion, Aquino actually shrunk the budget deficit from 300 billion during Arroyo's time to 72 billion by 2014 and now it's back. Diokno admitted that the country's economic fundamentals were strong due to Aquino's fiscal management - and if there was one thing the Aquino administration was guilty of , it was underspending.

Last edited by Emmanuel53 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 am 
Heavyweight

http://thestandard.com.ph/business/2056 ... onomy.html

And in just under one year, the $300 billion economy that Duterte inherited is being razed to the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 am 
Lightweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:

Fuucck me dead! Jim Paredes is this you Mr. Look at Me? lol. I've heard and read that style (Funny) many times. I can smell blood here now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next