Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:16 am 
Lightweight

I don't know how much total money Pac earned during his last fight against horn but a 10 million dollar is very low for a price fighter. But set a side that. I'd never become excited about his last fight (or starting from his last 3 bout). Maybe because of this Horn is unknown to me or maybe i cannot separate Manny the boxer to Manny the Politician/celebrity/Pastor and a dog who always follow's Bob Arum wants. Im making a list what Manny pac need's to do to put boxing upon his shoulder's once again.

1. Fight the real Dog not the puppy then retire.
- Keith Thorman
- Danny Garcia
This two are fighter's that Manny should look up to. They just fought and end up in SD.
2. Need to bring back the lust in boxing and focus on training.
- Always telling us that he still love boxing. Maybe 40% of his current life is boxing before it was 90% the 10% is being a father, husband and a son. The 60% are the slashes after his name.
3. Alex Ariza?
- After Alex left the team Manny got a lot of problem during fight. Maybe wrong diet? wrong regimen?. the first 2 rounds of his last fight Manny is very very slow. You notice that do you? and felt something went wrong.
4. No Rematch with Horn.
- WBO stands firm that Horn won the fight. No rematch just go for the top dog's.
5. Time to Say goodbye to ol' Bob Arum.
- If Manny wanted to fight the best Dog's time to leave top rank. I feel Bob Arum is holding Manny's career.
6. Light welterweight
- if Manny still wanted to fight under Bob Arum's old butt go down to Light Welterweight and Terence Crawford there he can find

I know Bob Arum help Manny to become the price fighter and the fighter we love the most. But Bob need to communicate with other productions or better make Pac vs Crawford. Crawford is the champ, better than Horn better records better overall.
And he needs to reconcile with Alex Ariza. If he can unite christian during his sermons why not use his holy communication skills with Ariza and Roach. His a Christian he will forgive Alex and he will make the first move even though Alex is the one to blame why he left the team.

Manny's last fight never got my nerve excited to tell you the truth i turn off the tv after round 5 because there is a feeling that Manny will lost the fight judging his performance(set aside the judges). I just hope he will bounce back like the old humble beginning. A tamed Dog but once put in the ring, a berserk mad dog.

:) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 am 
Heavyweight

A rematch with Jeff Horn is the most logical thing to do for now.
Hopefully it will be in Manila.
If Pacquiao beats Horn in a rematch.
A rubber match can be done in Las Vegas!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:51 am 
Heavyweight

Quit dreaming about the Pac of 2010.

Pac has one fight left. And that is with Horn .
Needs to hang it up after that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 am 
Cruiserweight

No need to expect Manny to rise again, sapat na ang karangalang naibigay niya sa Bansa. Ang pagpapatuloy niya na lumaban ay maituturing na lang na pagtanaw ng utang na loob sa boxing sport na naglagay sa kanya sa kung nasaan siya ngayon. Hangga't nakapagbibigay siya ng kasihayan sa nanonood na ang kasiyahang iyan ay di kayang ibigay ng ibang boring fighters nananatiling may contribution siya sa Sport na ito.
Tambak na ang belts sa na halos wala ng paglagyan. Di yan narating kahit ng ibang itinuturing na best of all time bilang 8 division champion with in 11 championship belts. Sobra sobra na yan. Lumalaban pa sya primarily for the remaining asset sa tanyag na pangalan pangalan niya na kumikita ng millions of dollars. Inaasam asam yan ng kahit sinong elite boxers nowadays except for Marquez and Floyd.
Eh sayang naman. Maaari siyang makapagpatayo pa ng marami pabahay para sa mahihirap. Hindi muna marahil ganyan ka priority ang senado bata pa sya at maaaring sa time na alam niyang wala na talaga siyang ibubuga sa boksing saka pa lang bibigyang prioridad ang pulitika.
Sa akin ay hayaan natin sya sa kung ano naman ang ikasisiya niya.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Lightweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
No need to expect Manny to rise again, sapat na ang karangalang naibigay niya sa Bansa. Ang pagpapatuloy niya na lumaban ay maituturing na lang na pagtanaw ng utang na loob sa boxing sport na naglagay sa kanya sa kung nasaan siya ngayon. Hangga't nakapagbibigay siya ng kasihayan sa nanonood na ang kasiyahang iyan ay di kayang ibigay ng ibang boring fighters nananatiling may contribution siya sa Sport na ito.
Tambak na ang belts sa na halos wala ng paglagyan. Di yan narating kahit ng ibang itinuturing na best of all time bilang 8 division champion with in 11 championship belts. Sobra sobra na yan. Lumalaban pa sya primarily for the remaining asset sa tanyag na pangalan pangalan niya na kumikita ng millions of dollars. Inaasam asam yan ng kahit sinong elite boxers nowadays except for Marquez and Floyd.
Eh sayang naman. Maaari siyang makapagpatayo pa ng marami pabahay para sa mahihirap. Hindi muna marahil ganyan ka priority ang senado bata pa sya at maaaring sa time na alam niyang wala na talaga siyang ibubuga sa boksing saka pa lang bibigyang prioridad ang pulitika.

Dude you want Manny to just step down just like that? no way!! it is better to leave boxing when you are on the top. That will makes us a fan proud of him. Those housing projects are his political agenda but he must leave his boxing fan a last fight to be remember.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 am 
Cruiserweight

clay005 wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:

Dude you want Manny to just step down just like that? no way!! it is better to leave boxing when you are on the top. That will makes us a fan proud of him. Those housing projects are his political agenda but he must leave his boxing fan a last fight to be remember.

His unjustified lost in Horn is firing up his desire to comeback and even to die to prove that he's not yet done. Sad but true, it's pride. Being an athlete it'so hard to stop playing the game I love most as long as I know for myself that I can still play and defeat my opponent. A heart of a warrior wants challenges. The more people criticises him the more he wanted to prove something even if it will end of risking his life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 am 
Heavyweight

Manny is about to retire......he only have 1-2 fights left in him.....let him exit out gracefully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:34 am 
Heavyweight

Sorry bro but Manny doesn't have it in him anymore. Actually he hasn't had it in him for awhile and it just became clear as crystal when he fought and lost to Jeff Horn. He needs to pack it in and call it a day, he's had his day in the sun and now it's time for him to ride off into the sunset and enjoy his life.

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 am 
Heavyweight

In the bedroom with Jinkee. :mrgreen:

-Jimi Hendrix

Love*Peace*MUSIC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 am 
Middleweight

People expectation from manny is to overwhelmed his opponent or knock his opponent out and thats the only way he can win fights. If your a champion fighting in a foriegn land and come to a decision, you will surely lose the fight. It happened anywhere. Refs always favor hometown fighters. I believed manny has a tough fight with Jeff horn. He understimated him but at the end of the day manny was bullied, head butted resulted in a cut on both side of the forehead but unscatched. as for the refs who re scored the fight, they were unkown randomly picked by the WBO. No suprise by their decision not to embarassed WBO first decision. (lutong Makaw ) Most people believed Manny won.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 am 
Heavyweight

mexifan wrote:
In the bedroom with Jinkee. :mrgreen:

Only "that" part will rise in manny :lol: