Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 am 
Heavyweight

Austin, TX (November 29, 2017) – Roy Jones Jr Boxing Promotions, along with Underwood Promotions are set to partner up on December 8th, 2017. The highly anticipated event will air live Friday night (Dec. 8th) on beIN SPORTS (8 p.m.

click for more

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

Another Super fly Pinoy to watch. The friend and former sparring partner of Ancajas to fight the victim of Ancajas.

Palicte's height is really nice, 5'9", he should learn to fight tall better. It will also serve him well if he goes up in weight where fighter start to get taller, even up to welterweight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 pm 
Middleweight

I've been watching this guy Pallicte for a while now but it's just unfortunate that he's not getting enough exposures. This guy is a good Fighter and can be one of the top SuperFlyweights. I hope some top notch promoter will spot him and give him a break, he will be good!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm 
Middleweight

Goodluck Aston! More power to you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
I've been watching this guy Pallicte for a while now but it's just unfortunate that he's not getting enough exposures. This guy is a good Fighter and can be one of the top SuperFlyweights. I hope some top notch promoter will spot him and give him a break, he will be good!

Well, he is a friend of Ancajas, so if Palicte keeps on winning against good opposition, MP Promotions might take him in too. MP Promotions is more laid back than ALA in the Philippine scene, but they have big overseas connections.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:22 pm 
Middleweight

Anyone know of Aston's fight results?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am 
Heavyweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
Anyone know of Aston's fight results?

His fight is Dec 8

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/550164

Interestingly, he fought Junior Granados, who gave Jamie Conlan one hell of a fight. It was controversial, people thinking Palicte won. But heshould learn how to please the judges.

Palicte vs Granados
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Zah9_JPHc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 am 
Middleweight

Thanks Gritsteel!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 am 
Middleweight

Ok fight night Dec 8, I hope this kid Palicte win with a KO or something close to spectacular! Maybe if he has a good showing someone will take notice and make a wise decision and add him on that February 2018 Superfly Fight in Stub Hub California! This kid has potentials, he just need a big break!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
Ok fight night Dec 8, I hope this kid Palicte win with a KO or something close to spectacular! Maybe if he has a good showing someone will take notice and make a wise decision and add him on that February 2018 Superfly Fight in Stub Hub California! This kid has potentials, he just need a big break!

He is given only a 40% chance to win by a "respected" Filipino writer. We shall see, IMHO, he can beat this guy that Ancajas already beat, all he needs is to fight tall as his opponent is short.

If he wins, he might beat Ancajas to the lottery against a top titlist. Top Rank will surely not give it so quickly to Ancajas, they like to promote first. At least Palicte is not under Top Rank.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Palicte is under Roy Jones, and he is already headlining the card. Magsayo and Nietes should try to go this route ... unless they are tied to a contract with ALA

http://ringsidereport.com/?p=69703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 am 
Middleweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Pinoy62 wrote:

He is given only a 40% chance to win by a "respected" Filipino writer. We shall see, IMHO, he can beat this guy that Ancajas already beat, all he needs is to fight tall as his opponent is short.

If he wins, he might beat Ancajas to the lottery against a top titlist. Top Rank will surely not give it so quickly to Ancajas, they like to promote first. At least Palicte is not under Top Rank.

That's a surprised, 40% chance? Whoever is that Sportswriter giving Palicte low winnning chance will be in for a surprise because this kid Aston is a Class A Fighter. We will see, I hope he's wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
Pinoy62 wrote:

That's a surprised, 40% chance? Whoever is that Sportswriter giving Palicte low winnning chance will be in for a surprise because this kid Aston is a Class A Fighter. We will see, I hope he's wrong!

Well, Palicte is not patient sometimes, he drops his hands, and gets predictable with that uppercut he likes to throw, and he just has normal speed. However, his opponent is strong, but short and slow, he should win this fight.

Mayol should teach Palicte to be snappier in his throws.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 am 
Heavyweight

palicte better be ready for a marathon fight against this boxer rodriguez because he's tough as nail fighter.
ancajas defeated him via TKO but he never went down nor got cut seriously to end the fight. he sprained his
right shoulder and decided not to continue with the fight, thus the TKO. but before the injury, he kept on
charging like a bull against ancajas and threw a lot of body shots.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:32 am 
Heavyweight

dominic wrote:
palicte better be ready for a marathon fight against this boxer rodriguez because he's tough as nail fighter.
ancajas defeated him via TKO but he never went down nor got cut seriously to end the fight. he sprained his
right shoulder and decided not to continue with the fight, thus the TKO. but before the injury, he kept on
charging like a bull against ancajas and threw a lot of body shots.

Melindo also beat this guy, Palicte better beat him too :lol: