Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tKNGC2CJyk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 652
Location: US
This is another good Pinoy Fighter not getting enough exposures! This guy was a World Champion at one time but had to give up his belt to move up in weight division. I hope to see him get a crack at a World Championship belt soon, I hope he fights one of those two Japanese Champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 160
l think Filipino boxers are to humble they need to be like American boxers promote themselves to hype a fight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 652
Location: US
marco wrote:
l think Filipino boxers are to humble they need to be like American boxers promote themselves to hype a fight


You know Marco you could be right, but I think the American public will not buy into it because they know Asian fighters are known for being humble so it doesn't go with the image. I could be wrong but I would rather see them speak and hype their fight with their fist. Let their figth do the talking but unfortunately some still doesn't buy into it. I guess somewhat someone need to be like a McGregor, be boastful but able to back it up. The only Filipino Fighter that I know that comes close of doing that is Donaire but he's still a little mellow. I don't see Jerwin Ancajas doing it because the kid is so down to earth, and beyond that no one else I can see with that kind of personality. So for me bottom line just keep on piling up wins and let some influential promoter give our Filipino Fighters big breaks and more exposures!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 am
Posts: 225
Pinoy62 wrote:
marco wrote:
l think Filipino boxers are to humble they need to be like American boxers promote themselves to hype a fight


You know Marco you could be right, but I think the American public will not buy into it because they know Asian fighters are known for being humble so it doesn't go with the image. I could be wrong but I would rather see them speak and hype their fight with their fist. Let their figth do the talking but unfortunately some still doesn't buy into it. I guess somewhat someone need to be like a McGregor, be boastful but able to back it up. The only Filipino Fighter that I know that comes close of doing that is Donaire but he's still a little mellow. I don't see Jerwin Ancajas doing it because the kid is so down to earth, and beyond that no one else I can see with that kind of personality. So for me bottom line just keep on piling up wins and let some influential promoter give our Filipino Fighters big breaks and more exposures!



That is why the flamboyant Mayweather jr is not just a boxing guru but a business guru as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 160
Pinoy 62 you are correct but i am saying is promote themselves via fight promo ect its so easy now with the internet and does not cost money to for boxers to put up a 5 min clip of themselves promoting there best KO and fights


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 652
Location: US
marco wrote:
Pinoy 62 you are correct but i am saying is promote themselves via fight promo ect its so easy now with the internet and does not cost money to for boxers to put up a 5 min clip of themselves promoting there best KO and fights


ah yah that's true, didn't think of that, it doesn't hurt posting your previous spectacular wins, plus it's free specially here in Philboxing forum!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group