Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 am 
Light Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
Pacquioa by KO

Who the f*ck is Pacquioa? :?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

You can tell there's alot of wannabe boxing fans in this thread. The majority in here are nothing more than pacroids d*ck riders :lol:

Linares gets a flash knock down on Lomachenko and now all of a sudden old @ss sh*t pacroids is going to knock him out? :lol:

Pacroids can't even beat an aussie-bum in Jeff Horn :lol:

Ya'll don't know sh*t about boxing! :lol:

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:14 am 
Cruiserweight

LMAO....

In Manny We Trust...

To those that keep harping on Manny's losses this decade, well, two of them were for sure robberies...Pac Brad 1 and Jeff Horn....

Yeah, Pac has not been able to KO dudes, but that's what happens when you fight guys bigger than you....in all his welters wins, he's had several knockdowns....Algieri, Vargas, Brad3, Cotto...

Pac is not a KO artist in the higher weights, which is understandable cuz those guys are bigger, as explained before...

But if you guys think Pac will lose to Loma if they make that fight, well, we can bet a little.....

Anyone want to take Lucas? I'll take OLD MAN Pac...any amount you want....

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:24 am 
Cruiserweight

inbituin wrote:
Lifer wrote:
kulukuy wrote:
You beat me to it. (Self-professed) boxing "experts" indeed...albeit with nary an understanding of the relationship between natural weight/size and punch effectiveness/resistance...and hilariously morphs into a self-professed grammar police when their statement gets called out.

It might also help to remind everyone that the Lina-Loma scorecards were pretty much even after the ninth round (86-84, 84-86 and 85-85) and could have gone either way if not for the lucky liver shot but that was on Lina for not using his height/reach/size and opted to mix it up inside. Also, Lina was never bothered by Loma's punches though he got cut (he's prone to cuts). I think Lina unleashed some power combos that stopped Loma in his tracks on the 10th until...

Absolutely! If Pac wants to fight Loma for whatever reason (money, legacy, prestige, going out with a bang, etc.), that's his business. We should all just stick to spectating and be entertained by whatever notable/interesting matches that come down the pike and Pac-Loma would be one of them.

I don't know about calling it "lucky." That was a well-placed liver shot.

yes sir... that was a beautiful set up. Linares had no idea where it came from lol. Pac definitely has his work cut out for him if/when they fight. I give the edge to Loma, but Pac probably need to hire a better trainer fo deal with Loma's multidimentional style.

Any "chance" or "opportunity" to capitalize on always exist in any aspect of life...more so in competitive sports wherein competitors train very hard to be aware of them in order to not give away any of it to the opponent and vice versa. One would be "lucky" to see such chance/opportunity and be able to capitalize on it (a window or time-frame in micro-seconds to react in this case), considering that there are so many things going on to be attentive to at that particular instance. If Loma did it within the first 10 or even 30 seconds of the 1st round, then perhaps it could "arguably" be considered as not being "lucky" but such is relative to one's point of view. Loma is not a superhero nor a god (whatever that means). He is but a mere mortal just like the rest of us. That said, there is also what is called a rhetorical expression in prose/grammar. Unfortunately though, there are those self-professed boxing experts who are at most only armchair fighters/athletes among us on here and haven't done any actual fighting at all who happens to also morph into self-professed grammar police when in a bind who doesn't understand all of the above aspects. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
He'll be drained at 138 to 140 catch weight fight.
Plus he's 10 years removed from his prime.

A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y aaaaaah he should hab retired in boxing and enjoy lipe like Meyweather at porty years old a-l-s-o. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 am 
Heavyweight

flipgolfer wrote:
LMAO....

In Manny We Trust...

To those that keep harping on Manny's losses this decade, well, two of them were for sure robberies...Pac Brad 1 and Jeff Horn....

Yeah, Pac has not been able to KO dudes, but that's what happens when you fight guys bigger than you....in all his welters wins, he's had several knockdowns....Algieri, Vargas, Brad3, Cotto...

Pac is not a KO artist in the higher weights, which is understandable cuz those guys are bigger, as explained before...

But if you guys think Pac will lose to Loma if they make that fight, well, we can bet a little.....

Marquez and Rios are bigger?
Robberies? Pac's two wins over Marquez are considered robberies by many too.
Bet on Lucas? Pac is the Co-promoter of the fight.
Do you think he can win a close d?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:31 am 
Heavyweight

Now Pac is saying he'll fight Loma at 135. :shock:

If you argue Pac would get beat by Loma, you're an expert-wannabe.
But, if you argue Pac could KO Loma, you're an expert?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Quote:
George Foreman beat Michael Moorer and became the Heavyweight champion at the age of 45.
Bernard Hopkins was 46 when he beat Pascal for that light heavy title.
Foreman's last fight was at 48 years old and Hopkins was 51. yet these fighters were praised for choosing to fight for that long.
Why should Manny be treated differently at 40? "Because he needs the money?" So what? That's why they're called prizefighters. The man can still hang with top contenders. The hate on this site and other boxing forums is sickening to see.
Pac fights legit ww contenders while Floyd fights phukkin' McGregor??? And yet he's considered TBE?
I don't know but looks to me, some of you keep drinkin' too much of that haterade.

George Foreman KO'd a glass jaw Moorer. And Foreman was STILL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE in his 40's.
Pac has not KO'd anyone this decade. Not even punching bag Rios.
Foreman lost to Holyfield in his comeback.
Pac has lost 4 fights this decade already. MORE THAN IN ALL of his career before this decade.
One of them, he was knocked the fkk out .

Err, why the hell are you bringing up Floyd's name ? He came back b/c suckers thought Mcgregor could win.
And he made HUNDREDS of millions.
Pac is fighting for a fraction of that .

What hate ? You want Pac to fight until he has dementia ?
You want Pac to end up just like a lot of boxers ?
Keep fighting for money when he is way past his prime ?
If you had any love for Pac, you should implore him to RETIRE.
Every time he loses, all you hear are excuses .

So Pacquiao shouldn't fight anymore because he's too old at 40 and hasn't knocked anyone out in this decade? This is why I brought up Floyd because he's older than Pac and he hasn't had a legitimate KO since Hatton. Unless you wanna count Ortiz and bum a$$ McGregor? Also, why you don't like bringing up the fact that Pac beat a prime Bradley and Vargas. You keep bringing up Rios like that fight really mattered. Rios was a tune up fight after the Marquez loss.

And who cares if Pac is fighting for a fraction of Floyd's purse, he still making more money than most fighters on that top p4p list... And at least he ain't fighting no bum @$$ MMA fighters. At the end of the day it's all about the man's boxing legacy. Seems most people here want Pacquiao to just sit at home and count his money like Floyd. But you fail to realize that some people are just not built like that. The man has acccomplished so much in boxing history that it is difficult for future fighters to mimic. No matter what you or I say, that legacy is and willl always be in the books. It won't matter how much money he made. There is no column for that.

And who told you Pac has dementia? Freddie Roach? lol Pac may be past his prime, but he's not shot fighter. The man can stil compete against top ww out there. Also, I'm sure we can put a long list of fighters that fought waay past their primes but don't show signs of dementia. So at the end of the day, there are no experts here. We're all just speculating on Pac's health and abilities. I think a lot of these questions can be answered after his next fight. Not having Freddie in his corner is not the best thing for Pac tho. But, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am 
Heavyweight

Err, dementia starts showing years after boxers retire.
Did I say he has dementia now ?

Why don't you research what happened to Floyd Patterson?
Maybe, you'd learn something.

You want pac to take more head shots till he starts slurring?

The rest of your babble have no relevance.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Err, dementia starts showing years after boxers retire.
Did I say he has dementia now ?

Why don't you research what happened to Floyd Patterson?
Maybe, you'd learn something.

You want pac to take more head shots till he starts slurring?

The rest of your babble have no relevance.

All good, we all know you don't like to get called out on your bs and exposed on here. This is the only place where you can feel relevant. Between you and the tards you're almost like a boxing guru on here. Almost. lmao

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 am 
Heavyweight

Called out on what ?
You're arguing Pac shows no dementia now so it's ok to keep on fighting till he's 40?

Why don't you research CTE? Wait, you don't live in a cave . You must have heard of it .

Floyd Patterson was the commissioner of NY boxing commission . Then he had to quit b/c he couldn't even remember his own fights .
Freddie Roach told Pac to rematch with Horn then RETIRE.
Guess what Freddie's reward was for telling Pac that ?
A pink slip.
Boxers are their worst enemies. They don't want to hear the big R word .
A ton of them finally quit after getting embarrassed in the ring . Some get embarrassed a few times.
Some go through the ropes . Literally.

Funny, you're one of the tards.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It would be really dangerous for manny to fight loma at 135 but I think he'll be fine at 140. An interesting matchup for the fans.

-spanish proverb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

inbituin wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Quote:
George Foreman beat Michael Moorer and became the Heavyweight champion at the age of 45.
Bernard Hopkins was 46 when he beat Pascal for that light heavy title.
Foreman's last fight was at 48 years old and Hopkins was 51. yet these fighters were praised for choosing to fight for that long.
Why should Manny be treated differently at 40? "Because he needs the money?" So what? That's why they're called prizefighters. The man can still hang with top contenders. The hate on this site and other boxing forums is sickening to see.
Pac fights legit ww contenders while Floyd fights phukkin' McGregor??? And yet he's considered TBE?
I don't know but looks to me, some of you keep drinkin' too much of that haterade.

George Foreman KO'd a glass jaw Moorer. And Foreman was STILL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE in his 40's.
Pac has not KO'd anyone this decade. Not even punching bag Rios.
Foreman lost to Holyfield in his comeback.
Pac has lost 4 fights this decade already. MORE THAN IN ALL of his career before this decade.
One of them, he was knocked the fkk out .

Err, why the hell are you bringing up Floyd's name ? He came back b/c suckers thought Mcgregor could win.
And he made HUNDREDS of millions.
Pac is fighting for a fraction of that .

What hate ? You want Pac to fight until he has dementia ?
You want Pac to end up just like a lot of boxers ?
Keep fighting for money when he is way past his prime ?
If you had any love for Pac, you should implore him to RETIRE.
Every time he loses, all you hear are excuses .

So Pacquiao shouldn't fight anymore because he's too old at 40 and hasn't knocked anyone out in this decade? This is why I brought up Floyd because he's older than Pac and he hasn't had a legitimate KO since Hatton. Unless you wanna count Ortiz and bum a$$ McGregor? Also, why you don't like bringing up the fact that Pac beat a prime Bradley and Vargas. You keep bringing up Rios like that fight really mattered. Rios was a tune up fight after the Marquez loss.

And who cares if Pac is fighting for a fraction of Floyd's purse, he still making more money than most fighters on that top p4p list... And at least he ain't fighting no bum @$$ MMA fighters. At the end of the day it's all about the man's boxing legacy. Seems most people here want Pacquiao to just sit at home and count his money like Floyd. But you fail to realize that some people are just not built like that. The man has acccomplished so much in boxing history that it is difficult for future fighters to mimic. No matter what you or I say, that legacy is and willl always be in the books. It won't matter how much money he made. There is no column for that.

And who told you Pac has dementia? Freddie Roach? lol Pac may be past his prime, but he's not shot fighter. The man can stil compete against top ww out there. Also, I'm sure we can put a long list of fighters that fought waay past their primes but don't show signs of dementia. So at the end of the day, there are no experts here. We're all just speculating on Pac's health and abilities. I think a lot of these questions can be answered after his next fight. Not having Freddie in his corner is not the best thing for Pac tho. But, who knows.

glad to know that there are still sensible posters here in Pacland.
great call inbituin!

banned for months for violation #1. rules said only 2 weeks. mailed admin how can the rules be broken to ban me for so long time.. received no word. who's hated me too much? just one idea, the mod i criticized for hating the Azkals too much..

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
flipgolfer wrote:
LMAO....

In Manny We Trust...

Marquez and Rios are bigger?
Robberies? Pac's two wins over Marquez are considered robberies by many too.
Bet on Lucas? Pac is the Co-promoter of the fight.
Do you think he can win a close d?

Rios is much bigger than Pac, and Pac beat him like a drum...gotta look at the fight night weights, or walking around weight...smh....

Pac JMM same size...but hell, look at JMM pics after every Pac fight, looked like he went thru a meat grinder each time.......again, he KD'd JMM at Pac-JMM2, at least once, should have been twice when he used the ropes to hold himself up...and JMM the only fighter to ever stay with Pac punch for punch...outside of EM1, and Floyd....

And you can't convince me that JMM wasn't juiced for that 2012 KO....

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

The robberies against Pac were so obviously blatant...

Pac-JMM close fights were no robberies....they were close, give and take fights, with Pac outlanding JMM, and was the aggressor for most of those fights....

Anybody that tries to argue those as comparable "robberies" DKSAB, IMO....

Peace....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next