Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: LEBRON JAMES THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

QUO VADIS LEBRON?

Post subject: Re: LEBRON JAMES THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Marc Stein: Gregg Popovich Likely to Force Way into LeBron James Meeting

JOSEPH ZUCKER
JUNE 09, 2018

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich will likely try to insert himself into the LeBron James sweepstakes this summer, the New York Times' Marc Steinreported Saturday.

Stein wrote Popovich "is bound to try to force his way into the conversation to sell James on the merits of South Texas."

Spurs point guard Dejounte Murray already started the lobbying efforts, sharing a photo of James in a Spurs jersey following the Cleveland Cavaliers' 108-85 season-ending defeat to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals:

From a basketball perspective, though, the Spurs would be one of the best fits for the four-time MVP.

In Popovich, James would finally have a coach who equals his legendary status as a player. A healthy Kawhi Leonard is one of the few players who could match up favorably with two-time Finals MVP Kevin Durant. Put James and Leonard in the same frontcourt, and San Antonio could seriously challenge the Warriors for NBA supremacy.

Whether the Spurs are seriously on James' radar at the moment, Popovich's resume should at least earn the team an opportunity to sit down with the 14-time All-Star.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:27 pm 
Heavyweight

San Antonio didn't make the cut when ESPN's Stephen A. Smith listed off the early contenders for James' signature in free agency:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Go to BGK or SMB...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Go to BGK or SMB...

u mean maging import ng pba?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:44 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

James + Leonard vs. GSW in West conference finals?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 pm 
Heavyweight

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Go to BGK or SMB...

Yes, import ng PBE... Yan na yung key for the majority BGK fans to be happy...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Go to BGK or SMB...

Yes, import ng PBE... Yan na yung key for the majority BGK fans to be happy...

si KD na lng kaya :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Warriors coach Steve Kerr praises LeBron James, compares him to Michael Jordan, report says

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News
Likely riding high following his team’schampionship victory Friday night, Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr reportedly dished a serious compliment to opposing player LeBron James, in a comparison to NBA great Michael Jordan.

“I get asked all the time about MJ, LeBron, and it’s such a difficult question to ask,” Kerr said, according to a USA Today report on Saturday. “All I know is they’re the two best players that I’ve ever witnessed. They’re very different, but however you want to rank them, they’re right there together.”

The remarks came after Kerr’s team swept James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA finals, defeating them in Game 4, 108-85. The win marked the Warriors' third NBA title in four years.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm 
Heavyweight

On Saturday, James revealed that he played the last three games of the series with a “self-inflicted” injury to his hand, incurred after letting “the emotions get the best” of him and punching a whiteboard out of frustration following Game 1.

He said he’d gotten upset over some of the calls against his team in the fourth quarter of their opening loss and that they’d missed their opportunity to win on the road.
Kerr continued his praise, talking about James' growth as a player, particularly over the last few seasons, according to USA Today.

“I think maybe the greatest testament to LeBron is that five years ago he was one of the top-five players of all time,” Kerr reportedly said. “From five years ago until now, it seems like he’s ten times better, because he’s added so much skill to his game.”

According to the outlet, Kerr said that in the past, the Warriors "weren’t fearful" of James’ shooting ability but they “were fearful of his power and his penetration and his passing.”

“But now you fear everything,” he reportedly continued.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:51 pm 
Heavyweight

A pairing of LeBron with Kawhi Leonard — assuming he stays and signs a super-max contract extension with the Spurs, Popovich is working on it and groundwork is already being laid on that front, according to league sources — would be one of the league’s elite one-two punches on offense. Put the two of them withDejounte Murray and it would give the Spurs the kind of long, switchable, physical perimeter defenders needed to hang with the Warriors and Rockets.

We also know Murray wants LeBron to come.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 pm 
Heavyweight

LeBron James free agency: Joel Embiid, others recruit the Cavs superstar moments after losing NBA Finals

With Cleveland's season over, endless conversations about James' future are just beginning. Multiple NBA players took the opportunity to attempt recruiting James on Twitter. Most of it was done in a joking manner, but you think they would give him a little more time.

The first was 76ers star Joel Embiid. The big man is known for having fun on Twitter, and Philadelphia is a city that has been connected to James as a potential destina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Jonathan Tjarks: When James rejoined the Cavs in 2014, the estimated value of the franchise was $515 million. Four years and four trips to the NBA Finals later, and the franchise is believed to be worth $1.35 billion. That’s almost a billion dollars of value that LeBron (and the modern NBA he helped build) created and can never touch. LeBron understands the value of ownership—that’s why he has a minority stake in Liverpool FC, andwhy he asks for equity when he endorses a company. The NBA would never let a player get an ownership stake while he’s still playing, but there’s nothing to prevent LeBron from making an implicit agreement with whatever franchise he signs with to join their ownership group once he retires. He just needs to go into business with an owner he can trust. Wherever LeBron signs will instantly become one of the marquee franchises in the NBA. It’s time for him to get a cut of that, even if it’s not in writing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next