Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am 
Cruiserweight

Who predicts a KO ? by who?
UD, SD ?

Who wins and via how ?
It will be an action packed fight ! :box:

Let's hear your BOLD prediction guys :chainsaw:

SPORTS ROUNDUP 5: BOXING FANS WILL SEE A YOUNG MANNY PACQUIAO SAYS FORTUNE

By Maloney L. Samaco
PhilBoxing.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2018

Head trainer Buboy Fernandez said Manny Pacquiao prepared long and hard for the fight with Lucas Matthysse. "He’s ready to prove he still belongs to that list of world champions,“ he told The Manila Times.

“He’s 100 percent ready. We covered everything that is to be covered. No less. We’ve watched and studied almost all of Matthysse’s previous fights, especially those he lost and found his weaknesses and assets, set our game plan based on those factors."

Pacquiao ended his two-month training camp with a five-round sparring session, two with Philippine junior-welterweight champion Jerich Chavez and three with Australian lightweight George Kambosos Jr.

Strength and conditioning coach Justin Fortune said they planned together the several strategies of attack to make the necessary adjustments in order to triumph over Matthysse.

“Boxing fans all over the world will see a young Manny Pacquiao this time, throwing a lot of punches, more footwork, head movements and all he’s been showing before when he was acclaimed the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world,” Fortune said.

“Yeah, we’ve laid everything out, plans B, C, everything and Manny’s been studying them all in earnest, executing in training. We couldn’t ask for more," declared Fortune.

WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will return to Wembley Stadium for his next two fights. The 28-year-old Joshua has signed a two-fight deal to fight at the national stadium on September 22 and April 13.

Joshua defeated Wladimir Klitschko in that place in April 2017 but after that he fought twice at Cardiff's Principality Stadium. "The opportunity to fight in such an iconic stadium is normally a once-in-a-career opportunity, so to be given the chance to fight there again is amazing," Joshua told BBC Sports.

His opponent on September 22 is expected to be Russia's Alexander Povetkin, the WBA's mandatory challenger, with the hope of fighting American WBC world champion Deontay Wilder for the unification of all four belts in April.

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn is planning to surpass the 90,000 attendance for the April fight, which would better than the British record for a boxing match held by the Joshua-Klitschko bout.

Hearn tweeted: "Capacity for Anthony Joshua's next fight on 22 September will be at 90,000 - we are expecting the 13 April capacity to be extended to over 100,000."

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 pm 
Middleweight

Pacman all the way..

Baka meron link dyan mga kakosa,he,he most welcome. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 pm 
Middleweight

Pac by UD, it will be a boxing clinic for Mathysse!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 pm 
Bantamweight

For the first time I bought a Manny PPV. I thought this could be his last and I will not miss it, or this could be his resurgence and I will not miss it. Therefore I will not miss the fight either way. My fearless forecast is Manny Pacquiao in 3!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i dont know if mathysse has a granite chin or face..
bcoz manny still has a power in his punches..

i dont want to have a prediction.. but of course i want manny
to win..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm 
Heavyweight

bold prediction? hmm...

eto daw bold nung araw

yun prediction naman wala :lol:

mahirap kasi tantiyahin kung gaano na ka-depreciated ang skills at abilities ni Manny, maski ang kalaban si Matthyse na tanders na din....

pero ako din, nag order ng PPV baka nga kasi last fight na ni PacMan ito e

...pls retire now Manny, wag masyado pigain ang boxing career mo for political advantage, baka magbackfire yan pag naKO loss ka na naman, mawa-wipe out ang political edge mo sa masa pag nagkataon, matagal mo mabawi yun if ever man, at dahil coming from a KO loss ka na, baka lalong wala ng big fights on the horizon para sa yo tsk...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I would love to side for Pacman.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:14 pm 
Heavyweight

My bold prediction, fight will not go the distance, with Pacman prevailing. Duterte will be there, he wouldn't want to lose.

I feel Pacman is still an elite fighter that will beat the other top welterweights, Crawford and Spence included. IMHO, his average performance recently is a result of poor training, cramming and overtraining due to his other job, and some complacency too.

This time, I think he had more to time to dedicate himself to a better training regimen, with Fortune and Buboy tailoring the training to match his age. Just running up that steep mountain is a sign of a newfound enthusiasm to be better, and his getting back to the heavy bag too.

The referee might pose a problem, but his record is not too bad, referees are not perfect after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:36 pm 
Heavyweight

sabi ng bayaw ni Lucas di siya agugulat if hospital landing ni Pacman..

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm 
Heavyweight

theboxer69 wrote:
sabi ng bayaw ni Lucas di siya agugulat if hospital landing ni Pacman..

:shock:

Sabi ni Buboy bagsak si Lucas :lol:

Sobrang bagal ni Lucas, Pacman's speed will undo him. His only chance is if Pacman falls asleep while fighting.

I'm sure he will be intimidated a bit, just like Rios, when he fights in the biggest stage of his career, with so many Filipinos shouting "Manny". That can help Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
My bold prediction, fight will not go the distance, with Pacman prevailing. Duterte will be there, he wouldn't want to lose.

I feel Pacman is still an elite fighter that will beat the other top welterweights, Crawford and Spence included. IMHO, his average performance recently is a result of poor training, cramming and overtraining due to his other job, and some complacency too.

This time, I think he had more to time to dedicate himself to a better training regimen, with Fortune and Buboy tailoring the training to match his age. Just running up that steep mountain is a sign of a newfound enthusiasm to be better, and his getting back to the heavy bag too.

The referee might pose a problem, but his record is not too bad, referees are not perfect after all.

i dunno if buboy can handle the worst.. baka magpanic na sila
like what happened to pacquiao-morales 1 and dont have plan b
or any strategy that can help manny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Napaka delikadong kalaban nitong matthyse dahil isang suntok lang kailangan nito para
manalo sa mga laban nya. pacquiao by late stoppage pag umabot ng decision ito sigurado UD panalo ni pacquaio.
pero kahit anong round pwede matapos ang laban by ko in favor of matthyse.

exciting itong laban, dahil may kaba factor tayong lahat para kay pacquiao :D
dapat naka ready ang tubig inumin ng mga matatanda manonood nito. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Matthyse will Brutally KO Pacman in Round 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
Heavyweight

zurilixxx wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

i dunno if buboy can handle the worst.. baka magpanic na sila
like what happened to pacquiao-morales 1 and dont have plan b
or any strategy that can help manny.

Well, that was many years ago. We shall see. I think he is emotional being a true and loyal sidekick, but he has a clear head like when Pacman got ko'ed, he was there quick.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:51 pm 
Cruiserweight

Manny by KO sometime in the 8th-9th round.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next