Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 26274
Location: Just here in front of my computer
To prevent the same ROBBERY incident to happen, ALA Promotions should stage the Nietes-Palicte rematch preferably in Cebu City.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11763
Location: SERN
For a sure victory? :shock:

Feel bad for Nietes though, Superfly 4 might not include him and might go back to Pinoy Pride cards... Superfly should have been his key to big fights...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:50 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 am
Posts: 177
if ALA can win the negotiation why not.... i even don't mind, if they can try to talk with ONE Championship MMA to co-promote the boxing match. LIke what ONE is doing with Srisaket Sor Runvisai.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 703
Location: US
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
For a sure victory? :shock:

Feel bad for Nietes though, Superfly 4 might not include him and might go back to Pinoy Pride cards... Superfly should have been his key to big fights...


Agree! ALA should promote the rematch, and I also agree that they might be excluded from the Superfly Fight 4, they did not impress many fight fans. On the other hand it will be a treat for Filipino fight fans if they promote the fight in the Philippines.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am
Posts: 1441
Location: Pacland
It maybe Ioka vs Nietes on Dec or early next yr for the vacant WBO superflyweight.
The venue pwedeng sa Japan or Phils

_________________
"It was like a girl kicking me..” Roach to Ariza


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11763
Location: SERN
zurilixxx wrote:
It maybe Ioka vs Nietes on Dec or early next yr for the vacant WBO superflyweight.
The venue pwedeng sa Japan or Phils


That would be better, especially that Ioka is a former world champion...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am
Posts: 1441
Location: Pacland
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
zurilixxx wrote:
It maybe Ioka vs Nietes on Dec or early next yr for the vacant WBO superflyweight.
The venue pwedeng sa Japan or Phils


That would be better, especially that Ioka is a former world champion...



...and they’re both dreamt to become a 4-division champ..

..Ioka to become the 1st japanese to become 4-division champ
and Nietes be lined his name with Pacquiao and Donaire..

_________________
"It was like a girl kicking me..” Roach to Ariza


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11763
Location: SERN
zurilixxx wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
zurilixxx wrote:
It maybe Ioka vs Nietes on Dec or early next yr for the vacant WBO superflyweight.
The venue pwedeng sa Japan or Phils


That would be better, especially that Ioka is a former world champion...



...and they’re both dreamt to become a 4-division champ..

..Ioka to become the 1st japanese to become 4-division champ
and Nietes be lined his name with Pacquiao and Donaire..


Agree with this... Actually, Nietes is already lined with Pacquiao and Donaire as the top guys in their generation... Nietes becoming a 4-division champion will just be a plus since it will make him a legend in Asia level like Donaire, because I think he's supposed to become the 3rd Asian to win titles in at least 4 divisions...

Winning a 4th division title + becoming a unified or a lineal champion would be great...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:33 am
Posts: 3328
Location: at a kakpit somewhere
No need for a rematch....Nietes dominated fair and square. One of the best of this generation....

Donnie needs to fight the top guys, Chocolatito, Estrada, etc before too long...he's got 1 year left, maybe...

_________________
Imagine - greatest song ever written.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 703
Location: US
I would like to see Nietes vs Ioka in Superfly 4 but I hate to see Palicte get left behind, but it's business and whoever wins should give Palicte another opportunity and maybe if ever Superfly 5!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11763
Location: SERN
Pinoy62 wrote:
I would like to see Nietes vs Ioka in Superfly 4 but I hate to see Palicte get left behind, but it's business and whoever wins should give Palicte another opportunity and maybe if ever Superfly 5!


Palicte should go down to 112 or move up to 115...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 26274
Location: Just here in front of my computer
No more Superfly for Donnie. He was robbed.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 am
Posts: 2294
Location: Ringside
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
To prevent the same ROBBERY incident to happen, ALA Promotions should stage the Nietes-Palicte rematch preferably in Cebu City.


I agree. But it shoul be held here in our country. For sure it will be a big financial lose
If d fight will happen in USA. They're tired of watching pinoy against pinoy bout.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 26274
Location: Just here in front of my computer
i agree. pinoys should no longer fight kababayans.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 26992
Location: neverland
Enough of that pnoy vs pnoy

Parehong laban this yr eh underwhelming
Para kasing reserba lang ang paglaban. Hindi all out
Unlike mexicans na talagang must see event pag naglaban

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group