Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 am 
Cruiserweight

When I first saw the way Wilder knocking his opponents brutally I predicted that he would be the next big thing. I didn't hesitate to compare him with Foreman. To give a brutal two knockdown to quick and strong fighter like Tyson Fury means a lot of things in the sport of boxing.
The revival of heavyweights is now coming again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 am 
Heavyweight

In my opinion, Wilder should had won the fight against Tyson Fury by a close but unanimous decision.
While it's true that the Brit scored good points with his jabs & precise two fisted attacks, those
2 knockdowns esp. that one in the 12th round were enough for him to lose.
But i believe also, both of them will be knocked out by Joshua in case they fight him.Real talk. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
In my opinion, Wilder should had won the fight against Tyson Fury by a close but unanimous decision.
While it's true that the Brit scored good points with his jabs & precise two fisted attacks, those
2 knockdowns esp. that one in the 12th round were enough for him to lose.
But i believe also, both of them will be knocked out by Joshua in case they fight him.Real talk. :D

Joshua was knocked down by Clitskho on their last meeting but Tyson Fury defeated Clitskho. I think Joshua is not that durable as Fury. Wilder is teribly strong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

If Deontay Wilder will win and knock out Tyson Fury cold. Then Wilder will revive the Heavyweight boxing again as popular as the time of Ali, Foreman and Mike Tyson.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 pm 
Heavyweight

To me, Fury is king. Remember that he was out of the ring for 3 years, and fought 2 patsies before Wilder. He also had to shed off a lot of weight for the Wilder fight. In short, he really was out of shape.

Yet, he dominated the fight, except for not being able to see those punches coming that knocked him down. The ring rust would have contributed to that, IMHO. Also, he should have cruised the last round, and just stayed away and on his bicycle, as he already won the fight. Roach did not offer the advice, as well as Fury's young trainer. Wilder was lucky like Fury was when he rose from the dead, both of their stars aligned to a draw.

Argh ! At least Buboy will be in the ring with Pacman when he goes up against Broner, not Roach. He is slipping.

On another note, Pacman still has the mainstream fans behind him, those who pay PPV, so good for his PPV :

"Fury entered the fight all but unknown in the U.S. except to the hardest of hardcore boxing fans. On Saturday, I asked my Uber driver if he planned to watch the fight. He uttered the two words that should smack the promoters and those deep inside the boxing landscape into reality:

“Who’s fighting?”

When I told him Wilder and Fury were fighting for the heavyweight title, he shrugged his shoulders.

“I only follow the Filipino guy now,” he said, referring to WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

- https://sports.yahoo.com/tyson-fury-ste ... 23874.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 am 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
To me, Fury is king. Remember that he was out of the ring for 3 years, and fought 2 patsies before Wilder. He also had to shed off a lot of weight for the Wilder fight. In short, he really was out of shape.

Yet, he dominated the fight, except for not being able to see those punches coming that knocked him down. The ring rust would have contributed to that, IMHO. Also, he should have cruised the last round, and just stayed away and on his bicycle, as he already won the fight. Roach did not offer the advice, as well as Fury's young trainer. Wilder was lucky like Fury was when he rose from the dead, both of their stars aligned to a draw.

Argh ! At least Buboy will be in the ring with Pacman when he goes up against Broner, not Roach. He is slipping.

On another note, Pacman still has the mainstream fans behind him, those who pay PPV, so good for his PPV :

"Fury entered the fight all but unknown in the U.S. except to the hardest of hardcore boxing fans. On Saturday, I asked my Uber driver if he planned to watch the fight. He uttered the two words that should smack the promoters and those deep inside the boxing landscape into reality:

“Who’s fighting?”

When I told him Wilder and Fury were fighting for the heavyweight title, he shrugged his shoulders.

“I only follow the Filipino guy now,” he said, referring to WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

- https://sports.yahoo.com/tyson-fury-ste ... 23874.html

Yes, you're right. Here in the Philippines the fight was not known. Not even televised by mainstream media. Maybe it's because of Manny's strong popularity for many years, but in America, Africa and Europe the heavyweight boxing is now getting revived.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 am 
Cruiserweight

Fury was knocked Down for at least 15 Seconds in the 12th round. Hence it was a real KNOCK OUT!!!

But the REF took his sweet time starting the count when timekeeper showed him 4 seconds, the Ref still started at one...

Hence it never should have went to the Judges, a Robbery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am 
Heavyweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:

Yes, you're right. Here in the Philippines the fight was not known. Not even televised by mainstream media. Maybe it's because of Manny's strong popularity for many years, but in America, Africa and Europe the heavyweight boxing is now getting revived.

Well, that Uber driver was in the USA.

Anyway, for us hardcore boxing fans, we know the boxers and what's happening. It is the mainstream public that must be taken.

For this heavyweight fight, it was about 400k PPV, and considered a success. If the mainstream public was in on it, it would be much higher. Anyway, the heavyweight is definitely hot for us boxing fans right now. Fury did so well in promoting the fight. Fury was the "Broner", the main mouth in this fight in terms of promoting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao needed 3 KDs against JMM in their first fight for a Draw...

Wilder only needed 2 KDs against Fury and he never won a single round other than those 2 rounds w/ KD but got a Draw? Clear robbery...

Now, rematch MUST wait... AJ-Fury is more significant than the rematch because it will crown the new Lineal Heavyweight Champion so it must happen first... Fury should think about that and the fight will surely happen in UK wherein robbery won't happen for both British fighters... And should Fury regain his titles + the Lineal crown, he'll have the upper-hand to lure Wilder in UK or no fight will happen...

So yeah, Wilder should fight Whyte instead while waiting for the new lineal champ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

Tyson Fury is ver aware how strong Deontay is, he tasted it and I think got a little fear in fighting Wilder again. He now realizes that Wilder's power and quickness is not a joke. Fury even warned AJ not to take Deontay lightly because for him Joshua doesn't move like him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Tyson Fury is ver aware how strong Deontay is, he tasted it and I think got a little fear in fighting Wilder again. He now realizes that Wilder's power and quickness is not a joke. Fury even warned AJ not to take Deontay lightly because for him Joshua doesn't move like him.

I hope AJ picks Fury as his April 2019 opponent... Heavyweight is incomplete without a lineal champ and it's been 2, almost 3, years without one since Fury accidentally threw away his claim...