Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 4014
If Floyd does not step up to the Plate to Fight Pacquiao this Summer

Manny should reach out to Khabib's Camp and defeat Conor McGregor's Conquerer in the Ring

http://www.sportbible.com/boxing/news-b ... o-20190208


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:24 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12598
Location: SERN
If you mean surpassing him then the best way is not to fight any MMA fighter... AXF fighting McGregor just ruined his legacy...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:25 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 20277
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
If you mean surpassing him then the best way is not to fight any MMA fighter... AXF fighting McGregor just ruined his legacy...

That's true specially that dude from Japan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:27 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 4014
Both Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather's Legacies are Secured and First ballot Hall of Famers.....Regardless of any decision they might make to beat up some MMA fighters for extra cash. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12598
Location: SERN
HUNA wrote:
Both Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather's Legacies are Secured and First ballot Hall of Famers.....Regardless of any decision they might make to beat up some MMA fighters for extra cash. 8)


Yes but it won't look good... Imagine you're at the top but you choose to fight a newbie pro boxer... :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 4014
It didn't affect Terrence Crawford's ranking after beating a One Legged Benavidez even though it was Benavidez first fight back from a two year Layoff/Rehabilitation.

Manny's Legacy is Signed, Sealed and Delivered in Boxing no matter who he fights, win lose or draw

Other than FLOYD, No other Boxer is going to create the Revenue for PACQUIAO that KHABIB can.

If you Follow MMA at ALL, You know that the Entire Muslim Community in the Middle East upholds KHABIB as their Manny Pacquiao, a source of Pride for their Religion as Well.

The Revenue for this fight would be HUGE!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 4616
Location: PACLAND city
Ambobo tlga nun Isa dito di makaintindi Ng exhibition sa professional bout.... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12598
Location: SERN
HUNA wrote:
It didn't affect Terrence Crawford's ranking after beating a One Legged Benavidez even though it was Benavidez first fight back from a two year Layoff/Rehabilitation.

Manny's Legacy is Signed, Sealed and Delivered in Boxing no matter who he fights, win lose or draw


Benavidez is already a boxer prior to the Bud fight with a 27-0 record... McGregor has 0 record prior to the AXF fight, Khabib has 0 record, too...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 4014
You're WRONG....

Conor McGregor was a BOXER, not a Great one, but Nevertheless a BOXER before converting to Mixed Martial Arts

In Fact his Boxing Trainer was Two-Time Olympian Phil Sutcliffe....LONG BEFORE he entered MMA and met Dana White

According to Wild Card Boxers Jamie Kavanaugh and Dean Byrne he was a game Arturo Gatti type of Boxer

But back to the main issue at hand, FLOYD, MANNY and ALI who fought a Wrestler ,can engage in whatever type of circus they want and they'll still be considered All Time Boxing Great Legends by those who put Fighters in the Hall of Famer, whether PACLAND Fans like it or Not!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:28 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 20277
I say let boxers fight boxers and MMA fighters fight their own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 6013
But Maidana might come into the picture now, rumor has it.

I think I'd rather see Pacman fight Khabib. More fun I think, more money too. It would be nice to see the top boxers of this generation beat the top UFC fighters, Floyd already did.

Pacman of course will fight anyone at his weight class. The one I really like to watch him fight is Floyd of course, and the other PBC champs. Khabib and Maidana are just tune-ups but probably more money than fighting the other PBC champs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12598
Location: SERN
HUNA wrote:
You're WRONG....

Conor McGregor was a BOXER, not a Great one, but Nevertheless a BOXER before converting to Mixed Martial Arts

In Fact his Boxing Trainer was Two-Time Olympian Phil Sutcliffe....LONG BEFORE he entered MMA and met Dana White

According to Wild Card Boxers Jamie Kavanaugh and Dean Byrne he was a game Arturo Gatti type of Boxer

But back to the main issue at hand, FLOYD, MANNY and ALI who fought a Wrestler ,can engage in whatever type of circus they want and they'll still be considered All Time Boxing Great Legends by those who put Fighters in the Hall of Famer, whether PACLAND Fans like it or Not!


Then what's McGregor's pro record prior to the AXF fight? Just checked BoxRec, he's 0 prior to AXF fight...

When Ali fought Inoki, there's a custom rules, purely exhibition... When AXF fought McGregor, it's a pro boxing match with real pro boxing rules...

In the future, people will talk about AXF and then mention that he fought a non-boxer for his 50th/final fight... :lol: :lol: :lol: Pacquiao can't afford the same...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:00 am
Posts: 124
Location: Third Dimension
Regardless of any if not all kinds of arguments that's coming out, the entertainment value and economic sense will be their basis for this to happen. Promoters/Promotions looks then decides if they can rake so much money from " fan'atics".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 27466
Location: neverland
upstaging gayweather


that's a nice payday for packy

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group