Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:44 am 
Cruiserweight

This according to Thurman!

Start of bullying d Pacman ??

http://philboxing.com/news/story-144297.html

Tenx to Philboxing!! More power!!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

Yea.....make it more interesting......let keith run his mouth......Pac will make him run all night.

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Navy Blue wrote:

I think you comprehended wrongly. The writer Henson said Pacman could turn Thurman's dream into a nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Navy Blue wrote:

I think you comprehended wrongly. The writer Henson said Pacman could turn Thurman's dream into a nightmare.

Beg to disagree, bro. Thurman is d one personally said that not quinito h. Read d last portion again, bro. Or maybe we've both wrong in understanding. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Navy Blue wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
Navy Blue wrote:

Beg to disagree, bro. Thurman is d one personally said that not quinito h. Read d last portion again, bro. Or maybe we've both wrong in understanding. :lol:

haha, if you say so. For me, there is only one outcome here, Pacman will turn Thurman's dream into a nightmare, unless Thurman rides his bike well. Thurman may also adopt a wrestling tactic, which Horn and Mayweather did, hope not though.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 pm 
Heavyweight

kung kapanahunan lang ni pacquiao hindi aabot ng 8 rounds si thurman

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 pm 
Middleweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Navy Blue wrote:

Tama ka. Hindi naintindihan ang ibig sabihin ni Quinito Henson. Good fight though. Manny is the initial underdog due to age difference but more people on the street thought Manny is the favourite to win due to Thurman long lay off and last rusty performance. I predict Manny will win via decision and I hope it is a convincing one so judges will not steal this win from Manny

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:00 pm 
Middleweight

quinito clearly said that...when one or a writer repeat or copy out a passage from a text or speech by another, moreso word for word, it need be enclosed by a quotation marks (") (as of quote and unquote)...outside of that quote marks ("), it's of the writer's thought/saying

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm 
Middleweight

...and that is quinito referring to thurman that of his (thurman) dream could be of a nightmare when he faces pacman...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ok, bros. I lose d discussion. But i guess we both have equal prognosis that Pac might win this fight either unanimous decision or for me, a stoppage. 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

just wanna know if Joaquin and Quinito
is one person? thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

zurilixxx wrote:
is one person? thanks

Yes, Quinito is Joaquin's nickname.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Navy Blue wrote:
zurilixxx wrote:
is one person? thanks

Yes, Quinito is Joaquin's nickname.

oh i see. thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Keith Thurman: Why It Will Be Pac-Man's Greatest Win Or A Hard-To-Watch Defeat

Quote:
It's official. Filipino Legend and current secondary WBA Welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will face WBA World champ Keith Thurman on July 20. It's a megafight for Premier Boxing Champions, and it will undoubtedly be on pay-per-view. It's also a huge bout for Pacquiao's career, and it will almost certainly be one of his most memorable ones.

If at 40 years old, Pacquiao can engineer an upset win over Thurman, a world champion who is bigger, stronger and ten years his junior, it will become arguably the most significant win of his career. I'm not implying Thurman is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto or any of the other Hall-of-Famers Pacquiao has defeated in his illustrious career. What I am saying is that under these circumstances with the age and size disadvantages, Pacquiao won't have a more impressive victory on his resume.

Quote:
Thurman didn't look spectacular in his last fight against Josesito Lopez in January. He began strong showing off his signature speed and punching power, but Thurman wilted a bit down the stretch. After being dropped in the second round, Lopez had Thurman visibly hurt in the seventh. Thurman was able to rebound, but it wasn't an inspiring performance. That may be the reason Pacquiao's team picked Thurman over Danny Garcia, who looked spectacular smashing Adrian Granados earlier this month.

Even though Thurman looked vulnerable in his last fight, oddsmakers will almost certainly favor him over Pacquiao. If Pacquiao can come in as the underdog and unify the WBA titles, it would be one of the more improbable sports achievements of the year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaziq ... a238c74c43

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

ryan_c wrote:
Manny Pacquiao Vs. Keith Thurman: Why It Will Be Pac-Man's Greatest Win Or A Hard-To-Watch Defeat

Quote:
It's official. Filipino Legend and current secondary WBA Welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will face WBA World champ Keith Thurman on July 20. It's a megafight for Premier Boxing Champions, and it will undoubtedly be on pay-per-view. It's also a huge bout for Pacquiao's career, and it will almost certainly be one of his most memorable ones.

If at 40 years old, Pacquiao can engineer an upset win over Thurman, a world champion who is bigger, stronger and ten years his junior, it will become arguably the most significant win of his career. I'm not implying Thurman is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto or any of the other Hall-of-Famers Pacquiao has defeated in his illustrious career. What I am saying is that under these circumstances with the age and size disadvantages, Pacquiao won't have a more impressive victory on his resume.

Quote:
Thurman didn't look spectacular in his last fight against Josesito Lopez in January. He began strong showing off his signature speed and punching power, but Thurman wilted a bit down the stretch. After being dropped in the second round, Lopez had Thurman visibly hurt in the seventh. Thurman was able to rebound, but it wasn't an inspiring performance. That may be the reason Pacquiao's team picked Thurman over Danny Garcia, who looked spectacular smashing Adrian Granados earlier this month.

Even though Thurman looked vulnerable in his last fight, oddsmakers will almost certainly favor him over Pacquiao. If Pacquiao can come in as the underdog and unify the WBA titles, it would be one of the more improbable sports achievements of the year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaziq ... a238c74c43

It will be high and low gain for pac to fight danny garcia. In short, dg didn't hold any champ belt unlike thurman who has unblemished record and popular boxer compare to danny garcia. This will produce big gates and ppv huge buys.