Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

I think this would be damn interesting and ecxiting to watch.
Warriors are back in the Finals for the 5th straight season.
Whilst Raptors have made it to the Finals for the 1st time in franchise history.

Dubs key players are plagued by injuries, namely KD, Cousins and Iguodala that might bring disaster to their campaign. To some folks, it creates a balanced matchup.
Whereas, Raptors are hungry, very very hungry I should say. East Champs! They did it in style, lost the first two games at the deers farm then swept the last four games to take down the No. 1 overall seed Bucks. Kawhi was amazing all throughout.
They have the size advantage.

I can't wait

May the best team win

You can share your opinions and projections, peeps

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 am 
Light Heavyweight

Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich spotted dining together in San Francisco

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/amp/Ste ... 899199.php

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:15 am 
Heavyweight

Congrats to 2019 Toronto Warriors !!!!

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
Congrats to 2019 Toronto Warriors !!!!

8)

:celebrate:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

The NBA Finals are all set.

Does homecourt really matter?

Raps smacked the Dubs 2-0 during regular season, does it play big?

KD, Boogie and Iggy are questionable, does it make the Warriors to be the underdog?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

Teaser:

Kwahi is a phenom.
He was just a sophomore when he owned prime Lebwrong and his super team.

Could he do it again this time?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

LeBron says Warriors a reminder of what he faced with Heat vs. Spurs
By IRA WINDERMAN

To some, these NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors are a case of LeBron James being schooled. To the Cleveland Cavaliers star forward, it is all part of the championship-level education he has received dating to his time with the Miami Heat.

In the wake of Wednesday's 110-102 loss that dropped his team to a 3-0 deficit in the best-of-seven championship series, James reflected to the Heat's 2014 NBA Finals loss to the San Antonio Spurs, the series that proved to be his final five games with Miami.

To James, the challenge of facing Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston is similar to the limited margin of error the Heat faced against the Spurs' Kawhi Leonard, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and coach Gregg Popovich.

"Well, I can take you back kind of to the battles I had with the Spurs when I was in Miami," James said early Thursday morning in Cleveland. "You just knew that they wouldn't beat themselves. You just knew that like every possession we were playing San Antonio when I was in Miami, you just knew if you made a mistake, Manu, Tim, Tony, Pop will make you pay.

"At times, they did make us pay, and then you sprinkle in what Gary Neal did to us one game, what Danny Green did to us one game. Then Kawhi, you just couldn't -- you could never relax."

It is a feeling that James said has been back in these past two NBA Finals against the Warriors, as well as whenever you face a team such as Golden State.

"When you have great basketball players that can also think the game and be very cerebral about the game, that's what adds the level of stress, because you know that you can never, ever relax," he said of where he and his Cavaliers stand.

“That's what the part of competition is about. So it adds to the level of stress. When you have Timmy D. and Manu and Kawhi, and now Draymond and Klay, Steph and K.D., and then you sprinkle in Iguodala and Livingston and all those guys as well, it adds a level of stress. Because you know that you can never relax.

"You know if you relax, they make you pay, and making you pay could cost you a game. So it's tough, but it's all part of the competition."

To James, this has become a challenge that has transcended the NBA, offering another South Florida-related parallel in regard what the Miami Dolphins have faced for years, pointing to the enduring success of the New England Patriots as the template for what the Warriors are offering.

"The margin of error is very low," he said. "You can't -- I mean, it's almost like playing the Patriots, you can't have mistakes. They're not going to beat themselves. So when you're able to either force a miscue on them, you have to be able to capitalize and you have to be so in tuned and razor sharp and focused every single possession.

"You can't have miscommunication, you can't have flaws, you can't have 'my faults' or 'my bad' or things like that, because they're going to make you pay. When they make you pay, it's a 3-0 or 6-0 or 9-0 run, and it comes in bunches. The room for error, you just can't have it."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

"To James, the challenge of facing Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston is similar to the limited margin of error the Heat faced against the Spurs' Kawhi Leonard, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and coach Gregg Popovich."

That was 5 years ago.
Iguodala and Livingston are quite old now.
That'll make the difference I guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Seven Sigma wrote:
LeBron says Warriors a reminder of what he faced with Heat vs. Spurs
By IRA WINDERMAN

To some, these NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors are a case of LeBron James being schooled. To the Cleveland Cavaliers star forward, it is all part of the championship-level education he has received dating to his time with the Miami Heat.

In the wake of Wednesday's 110-102 loss that dropped his team to a 3-0 deficit in the best-of-seven championship series, James reflected to the Heat's 2014 NBA Finals loss to the San Antonio Spurs, the series that proved to be his final five games with Miami.

To James, the challenge of facing Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston is similar to the limited margin of error the Heat faced against the Spurs' Kawhi Leonard, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and coach Gregg Popovich.

"Well, I can take you back kind of to the battles I had with the Spurs when I was in Miami," James said early Thursday morning in Cleveland. "You just knew that they wouldn't beat themselves. You just knew that like every possession we were playing San Antonio when I was in Miami, you just knew if you made a mistake, Manu, Tim, Tony, Pop will make you pay.

"At times, they did make us pay, and then you sprinkle in what Gary Neal did to us one game, what Danny Green did to us one game. Then Kawhi, you just couldn't -- you could never relax."

It is a feeling that James said has been back in these past two NBA Finals against the Warriors, as well as whenever you face a team such as Golden State.

"When you have great basketball players that can also think the game and be very cerebral about the game, that's what adds the level of stress, because you know that you can never, ever relax," he said of where he and his Cavaliers stand.

“That's what the part of competition is about. So it adds to the level of stress. When you have Timmy D. and Manu and Kawhi, and now Draymond and Klay, Steph and K.D., and then you sprinkle in Iguodala and Livingston and all those guys as well, it adds a level of stress. Because you know that you can never relax.

"You know if you relax, they make you pay, and making you pay could cost you a game. So it's tough, but it's all part of the competition."

To James, this has become a challenge that has transcended the NBA, offering another South Florida-related parallel in regard what the Miami Dolphins have faced for years, pointing to the enduring success of the New England Patriots as the template for what the Warriors are offering.

"The margin of error is very low," he said. "You can't -- I mean, it's almost like playing the Patriots, you can't have mistakes. They're not going to beat themselves. So when you're able to either force a miscue on them, you have to be able to capitalize and you have to be so in tuned and razor sharp and focused every single possession.

"You can't have miscommunication, you can't have flaws, you can't have 'my faults' or 'my bad' or things like that, because they're going to make you pay. When they make you pay, it's a 3-0 or 6-0 or 9-0 run, and it comes in bunches. The room for error, you just can't have it."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

OMG great reading these comments straight from Lebron.......
TD's Spurs the 3rd greatest team ever after MJ's Bulls and Russell's Celts.......
Even if they're at the tailend of their stellar and storied career (the Spurs Big 3), they're still competitive against the Warriors then with the up and coming Kawhi (also Green and Neal)........
So sad seeing Kawhi going down against GSW in that Game 1 and the rest is history.......

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

This just getting more exciting
I heard that Charles "always wrong, nada ring" Barkley is rooting for the Raps
That's just a jinx of the loser ha ha
He should've chosen the Dubs if he really want Kawhi's team to win lmao

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:03 am 
Light Heavyweight

Raps are throwing more size at the helm, they're coaxing OG Anunoby to return at this series, perhaps he would, and that could be fatal for the undersized Warriors, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:22 am 
Welterweight

Let's see if Raptors can win against the 5x Consecutive NBA Finalist and 3x NBA Champion GS Warriors.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

simimik wrote:
Let's see if Raptors can win against the 5x Consecutive NBA Finalist and 3x NBA Champion GS Warriors.

Oh yeah, obviously Raps lineup have a bigger shot than Lebwrong's former team. Dubs' core are ageing.
But we'll see Warriors are warriors, they have the heart of a champion and never crack under pressure.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 am 
Heavyweight

The Warriors are hobbled by injuries - to KD, Cousins, and Iggy - but they did great against the Blazers. If the Splash brothers and Draymond are able to execute, they should win the series.

But then again, you can't count out Kawhi Leonard. He's the closest thing to MJ of this era.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
The Warriors are hobbled by injuries - to KD, Cousins, and Iggy - but they did great against the Blazers. If the Splash brothers and Draymond are able to execute, they should win the series.

But then again, you can't count out Kawhi Leonard. He's the closest thing to MJ of this era.

Couldn't agree more. Clearly the first two games at Scotiabank Arena are critical for the Warriors, it's their first time they'd be playing away from their turf in 5 straight trips to the Finals. I think the 2 losses to the Raps in the regular season is kinda morale booster for the home team. For the Dubs, they should at least split it up else they'd be in big trouble.